Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Exercise Challenge

Becky, you go girl! You always do really great with these challenges.

In fact you are my original exercise role model.

I got my hour of cardio in today. I did not do my second session of Couch to 5K, because I'm plateauing again and I wanted to do longer cardio to (hopefully) break through it.

Have a great night everyone!

Got in some extra Trikke riding tonight and hit the weights for 45 min. I will be feeling it tomorrow though. Cable crunches, butterflies, lat pulldowns and tricep presses all done. Time for another night ride around the neighborhood. Its become a nightly routine at 930, when its nice and cool out.

Wow, that's great Karri!

I did another Couch to 5k workout tonight. I can only dream of running 4 miles, but someday. :frown:

My original goal was 2 straight miles by my bandiversary. Then it was 5 straight miles...and even though I haven't reached that level yet (I will surpass it Sunday with a 6 mile run) my NEW goal is 13.1 miles by my bandiversary! (Well actually the goal needs to happen 1 month and 10 days before my bandiversary!)

I started out small and it has now become addicting!

You are doing great!

Becky, you go girl! You always do really great with these challenges.

In fact you are my original exercise role model.

I got my hour of cardio in today. I did not do my second session of Couch to 5K, because I'm plateauing again and I wanted to do longer cardio to (hopefully) break through it.

Have a great night everyone!

I have not looked at the couch to 5K program, but my bet is that it will help BREAK the plateau. Sometimes short but high intensity workouts will "shock" your body and it will release the fat faster. I have found that even though I am not supposed to be losing any more weight that I lost another pound last week and I think it was because I changed my routine.. Your body gets used to what you are doing and it becomes more efficient and therefore less able to burn as many calories as it has in the beginning.

Hi everyone,

I didn't get to post last night. I did my 4.5 miles in record time. Funny though, the scale is up again!!! I am up 2.4 lbs. What a mood that put me in this morning. I have to get back to basics. I actually had a Dr appt yesterday morning. He told me that some folks just lose much quicker than others and to hang in there. I look at your numbers and it kills me. I must try harder!!! I will never give up thanks to all the support I get here!!

LadyBug, I know how you feel. My weight is stuck, or maybe my scale is broken...LOL

I got in a good amount of walking this morning, then some Trikking, which was hard because of the wind today. One way was real easy, but then I had to make it back to the car. Boy did a taxi ride sound good, but I got determined and survived.

I think I totalled about 6 miles walking and 11 on the Trikke. Gotta save some for the night workout program.......Dave

So I am going to post here so that you all hold me accountable...I am going to run 4 miles tonight and follow that with a 6 mile walk. You had all better be YELLING at me tomorrow if I don't do that. I know you are thinking "How can I yell at someone if they run 4 miles and do ANY walking". Well that is the brutality of training. It takes blood, sweat and tears. I am hoping to not have any blood tonight but I will guarantee the sweat and tears. I expect PM up the wazooo tomorrow if I don't make it. You are my exercise family and I expect the same tough love that I would give you!

Thanks for caring about me.

So I am going to post here so that you all hold me accountable...I am going to run 4 miles tonight and follow that with a 6 mile walk. You had all better be YELLING at me tomorrow if I don't do that. I know you are thinking "How can I yell at someone if they run 4 miles and do ANY walking". Well that is the brutality of training. It takes blood, sweat and tears. I am hoping to not have any blood tonight but I will guarantee the sweat and tears. I expect PM up the wazooo tomorrow if I don't make it. You are my exercise family and I expect the same tough love that I would give you!

Thanks for caring about me.

I have a lot of faith that you will make your goal tonight, but if by some chance you dont, get ready........

Wow, a 4 mile run in itself would do me in, since I'm not a runner at all.

Good luck tonight....Dave

Well, as my long-suffering DH will tell you, nagging is truly my specialty, so no problem Salsa -- I'm happy to jump on your case any time :thumbup:!

Thanks for the advice regarding changing up my routine. I know that's a good idea, it's just that this long cardio worked so well for me for so long, I hesitate change it, even though I know I must sometimes.

Double-header Thursday tonight. 30 minutes pilates/abdominals class, and a one hour Yoga class.

Enjoy your evening everyone!

Sorry Frangi...no nagging...and no nasty emails from everyone else. I did my 10 miles. I ran 4, walked 5 and ran the last one...Yes that is right you don't need contacts...I ran the last mile.

My legs hurt like HELL. But I feel on top of the world. I am convinced that while this half-marathon will not be EASY, it is most certainly doable. The worst part of the entire thing was how long it took. (2 hours 9 minutes). The best part of the entire thing was that according to the machines I burned over 1000 calories. I had to start the treadmill 3 times!

OMG Salsa! You just blow me away. You've turned into a real athlete. You must be so proud of yourself. I know I'm sure proud of you. Keep it up!

Dave and Jody, I don't understand how your weight can be stalled as much as you both work out. I think you need to just stay off of the scales. They lie, lie, lie.

I did my hour of cardio this morn. I plan to be back posting weight training later today.

Crazy Ates MayExercise Challenge

6/20 Cardio Sessions 1/8 Weight Training

I just returned from session #2 of Couch to 5 K. This time I went to the track at one of the local high schools.

Have I told you guys I hate running? Well, I do........

BUT!

I am determined to stick it out until I am 100% certain that I hate it.

2/3 of the way through my workout I got a nice, big blister from my new running shoes too :smile:...........

EOW (end of whine).

Have a good one everybody!

:smile::smile::w00t:

Aw, sorry to hear about the blister. That's no fun. Definitely get one of those blister bandaids; they are amazing.

Today I'll do my last "first week" workout for Couch to 5k. I can't wait -- I love running.

You know what I love best about the first few weeks of starting up running again? How fast we progress from panting and wheezing and legs-of-lead to being able to run comfortably. It's soo cool. :smile:

10 miles. WTG Salsa!! Yes, I hope to have my progression be 5k, then 10k, then half-marathon. But for now I'll just focus on being able to run 60 secs / walk 90. That's hard enough! :smile:

Aw, sorry to hear about the blister. That's no fun. Definitely get one of those blister bandaids; they are amazing.

Today I'll do my last "first week" workout for Couch to 5k. I can't wait -- I love running.

You know what I love best about the first few weeks of starting up running again? How fast we progress from panting and wheezing and legs-of-lead to being able to run comfortably. It's soo cool. :smile:

10 miles. WTG Salsa!! Yes, I hope to have my progression be 5k, then 10k, then half-marathon. But for now I'll just focus on being able to run 60 secs / walk 90. That's hard enough! :smile:

That is how I started. I too love running now. I don't love training but the races make it all worth it. The feeling is INCREDIBLE!

I didn't work out today as I have found that I MUST have a rest day after doing that amount. MY BUTT IS KILLING ME! You would think it would be my feet, my knees, my legs...nope...my butt! Buns of steel here I come!

WIll check in tomorrow after my 1 hour cardio workout!