Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mine Is June 26th!

Hi, I was banded on June 9.2008. LBT is an amazing place with a lot of amazing people. Thanks to everyone for their honesty and talking about their day to day struggles, it's been a source of hope for me.

Liz

Hi all

I haven't been able to check in for awhile, but I have been thinking of you all and lifting us all up in prayer. Jazzy June 23rd Bandsters are we ready? :cursing:

well iam going to have my on june 30 now . it was going to be on july 28 but they move it up so i can get it with my best friend.

Welcome to the group. We are having our surgeries on the same day.

That is so awesome that you and your best friend will be able to share this experience together.

Good luck to both of you.

:party:Jazzy Junes! Count 282*

New members as of today in green

The Friday list is up again!

welldoneclap.gif A lot of prayers are with you ALL

:thumbup: 20

alliemorris73 , CTGhostHunter, lolipopkd2, Sassy Lady

:smile2:23

Little Debbie, Mariamomof2, brubear, Yesindeed, sweetrepose, RAINWI, claireycurtis, Greatlyblessed, Snuffy65 , Kkarryall

:huh2: 24

trtobiassen, Music Mom, theuse2000, ISmith, MRAMEY, bkladypm ,BumbleBree thuges113

:lol: 25

Tennessee Mom, dj bryan, Hollins2003, Sunflower00, rjtrimmer, brown bear, SkinnyMinnie, Waikiki, Kiki220, teford

:lol: 26 Suzyt, monicasf, MsChris72, frenchvanilla, Mns-ortiz, KayleighsMommy, MsMia2u

:lol:27

TexGal, nellie ray, Kalaipahoa, Susie70, kpa88, Armywife4life, lillygirl, onnie67, cherieinnv, Gab

:lol: 28

KPA88

:lol: 30

maguirre67, Tai68, MS.MAURA NY, Brian, daniml, afisher4band, kdlee, Smarquezrn, erinbefore, Mamalovell, Kayleighsmommy, Brian, Kdlee, ann71

TOTAL 282(WOW) :rolleyes2:

Home on the couch :lol: and BANDED!:party:

I will only give you 2 days on the couch! LOL OK Since I was banded, I realize we need longer on the couch! LOL

bananalama.gif2 Deb, Realme, LeighDee, BIG T, Mandi Jo, Kitcatnap, Jajeanne, BanTam, Utahgirl, Strikeuptheband, katkeen, kellystidham, wrestlersmom, kristin1975, pjanesville@cha, jbrod2616, allyfran, Banded2gether, HF2008, No~More~Waddy

Banane21.gif3 Huggie Bear, elvisfan, nicolerose, YoungNY, leepizz, Nuali, photobuf, Marlinda, STAN77, mrsjackson, amethystjade, vkcse03, MamaWalla

Banane43.gif 4 Sellie, jills_adopting, ebinsc, Hunzi, jlck98, Alleyoppvolley, Anewkim, Snappymonkey18, Terrier Mom, Snakerivermusic, SanDiegoPhotog, marinemom, nikon harry, Insky67, ryansgirl

Banane10.gif 5 Irish Ladybug, Cadets 71, LMarie_MD2b, jkpenny376, Imagoofball, Lady Zique, mekadig, MsScorpio67, Long2bThin,Wandafromsc, rbparker, ttbikergirl, aimerus, summer08, Ms. CohCoh, JustPhyl, Sirus

Banane27.gif6 Kristybandy, Cathychatts, eagerbandim, mamamarie, luigismama, pitter, Peacedove, Shorty184, WVaCat, jessbychurch, erv, TXEG, livn4jesus, addy, HAPPYBUNNIE, bandedbyrd, wobin, sailingirl,TXEG

Banane30.gif9

Bando, gardengrl, flirtyangel, vzghj3, Hayley, CarrieC, CarrieD, Hayley, Katies, pubrownsugar, justbob, ladybuy 238, LeslieR941906, beckyltriplett, pmvb11, rxdspncr, RAMES767, BubbleLove, Tazmin99, LisaV, TheYear Of Me, SassyV, SexxxxyAintI, Lizzard

Banane43.gif 10

Jules, Shaxmom, rearea1222, To Be Free, twinmommie, Angelshere, acadang, bandme08, Olive424, nancyb2003, Jillian68, micountryfarm aka stacey , kjillcarr, Barbarosa, allana, JeffR, Dino, Smantha39, nannypants and friend, Trishadish, RealSista85, justforme, cfuture88, Yaya24, LeslieR041906, Shanda, Cheri665, acadang

Banane27.gif 11

triser72, Mowree, aalves, jdrocks226, larakathyleen, Detroitdame75, PRCowboy, hopefulmom25, hippiechick, jeremiahsmommy, debbiefitz

Banane21.gif 12

cris3, Angelyco, WannaDance,Susanm, MissWilde, Jewellj1, gina s, Dee 79, Ebeth0013, sks613, CPSimonton, DONNA ALT, sassylily, hoping, goodexample, cpforever, ghannouge

Banane10.gif13 BATassbandita, elvisfan1219, KatW, cramadan, amyz, greythope, cantwait2bfree, ch4life, Bobbirs, lanaholuby, jlg, fntasa98, Camel Cracker, Mink, JTRMom, SofiaBell, bigrick

:couch2:16 babbs 3772, Phoenix, kdaniels11604, md4pa76, ajpink, mimieg, cjb, NavywifeJenn, Divamom

:lol: 17

TX Diva, Apples2, KerryConnor, Shome, iteachurkid, steveamy0503, Kim929, teacherofk

:lol: 18 KathyStrick, JamesRN, kRiStI wItH a I,Rhondawood63, Kizzie, bochs

:couch2: 19 WISHING YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY!

BigJedda, larinshine, ImGonnaLose, DIZ , Sara7venus, lapbandkenner08, RedPen1

Well, I'm definitely disappointed. I just came home from the hospital. I went into the OR around 8:15 this morning, and woke up in recovery, with only one incision area. Turns out the doc found a tumor "a little larger than an egg" growing on my liver. Obviously, until I have it examined, we are unsure if it is benign or malignant, but doc said it is most likely stemming from years of birth control pills, used to regulate my period. I have an appointment to have the tumor checked out tomorrow, and the good news is that doc said I should still be able to have surgery before the school year begins in August. Oh well, our God is an amazing God, and it is only by his grace that this was discovered. So, I've waited this long. I can wait a little longer. I wish the best for my fellow 19's. Take care.

Well, I'm definitely disappointed. I just came home from the hospital. I went into the OR around 8:15 this morning, and woke up in recovery, with only one incision area. Turns out the doc found a tumor "a little larger than an egg" growing on my liver. Obviously, until I have it examined, we are unsure if it is benign or malignant, but doc said it is most likely stemming from years of birth control pills, used to regulate my period. I have an appointment to have the tumor checked out tomorrow, and the good news is that doc said I should still be able to have surgery before the school year begins in August. Oh well, our God is an amazing God, and it is only by his grace that this was discovered. So, I've waited this long. I can wait a little longer. I wish the best for my fellow 19's. Take care.

Oh, Larin, I am so sorry to hear that. I pray that it is caught early and easily taken care of and you are on the lapband road to recovery in August! Sounds like you've placed it in God's hands and there's no better place to be!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and Cathy I did feel the hugs and prayers from everyone. I'm having alittle trouble with depression but they said it is normal and I'll be ok its just going to take time. I just can't believe how weak and sore I am from him just going in there and looking around. I probably will not get a second opinion because the doctor told my husband there was no way to even open me up there was so much scar tissue. So I am just trying to decide between WW, Akins, and counting calories. I have got to get this weight off some how. So anyhow thanks everybody from the bottom of my heart and good luck to everybody. Love you guys!!:rolleyes2: And Larin good luck to you.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and Cathy I did feel the hugs and prayers from everyone. I'm having alittle trouble with depression but they said it is normal and I'll be ok its just going to take time. I just can't believe how weak and sore I am from him just going in there and looking around. I probably will not get a second opinion because the doctor told my husband there was no way to even open me up there was so much scar tissue. So I am just trying to decide between WW, Akins, and counting calories. I have got to get this weight off some how. So anyhow thanks everybody from the bottom of my heart and good luck to everybody. Love you guys!!:biggrin: And Larin good luck to you.

I didn't realize scar tissue could be such an issue. Have you had a lot of surgeries? Is a full open procedure an option? Good luck to you in whatever you decide!

Larin and Teacher:

I am so sorry to hear of each of your troubles!

Perhaps the surgery has saved your lives in the end!

Larin, I can imagine how afraid you must be! I have a small leision on my liver and they watch it. I pray they can resolve your troubles and let you have surgery in due time!

Teacher, I can tell that you have made your mind up to battle the weight without WLS. I would be honored to be a support person for you! Please call on me if you just need a friend! My sister also has issues with scar tissue from radiation from cancer, it has caused a bowel obstruction and massive scar tissue so she cannot have WLS so she is going to diet with me. I know it will be easier for me because I have the band, but I will support her however I can! I offer you the same!

You are both in my thoughts and prayers! My best to yu!

ps. Thanks for sharing with us! it has to be very hard!

I am surprised about the scar tissue as well. When I had my second abdominal surgery (1. caesarean & 2. hysterectomy) the doctor said he cut at the same place, or very near, the first incision and then cut out the scar tissue before sewing me up.

The problem is I have so much scar tissue. In 1986 I had a hiatal hernia repair and gallbladder surgery at the same time and I was cut from breastbone to bellybutton. In 2000 that scar pulled apart which can happen after several years and I had eight hernias that went all the way down my stomach so they opened me back up thru the same scar and repaired all the hernias. But because there has been so much work done the surgeon said that he could not even get through the scar tissue and to try to would put my life in danger because he could easily nick something and I would bleed to death. He said an open surgery was also out of the question because of the great danger to my life. I will be fine. I just have to do my best to lose this weight and learn to except the fact that I am who I am and leave it in Gods hands. But please know how much it means to me that you are there for me to talk to and to know how much you care. God bless all of you.

My surgery time is set for 10:30 tomorrow. I'm really excited and nervous all at once. The support on this board has been awesome!

The past two days of clear liquid wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But I can't wait to be on the "bandedside" :biggrin:

Good luck and blessings to all the other June 20th's and all still waiting. :lol: