Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck to all you Lucky thirteens! You will do great! Tomorrow will be a full week for me and I go for my first post op appointment!

You are all in our thoughts and prayers!

:thumbs_up:BATassbandita, elvisfan1219, KatW, cramadan, amyz, greythope, cantwait2bfree, ch4life, Bobbirs, lanaholuby, jlg, fntasa98, Camel Cracker, Mink, JTRMom, SofiaBell, bigrick

Wow, we must be about half way through the June bandsters already! The time seemed so far off when we got our dates, and look at all those on the couch now!!

I'm one week post op and doing good. Had some serious issues with low blood pressure 80/50 with a pulse of 46. Called my primary care doc and am off b/p meds for now!! I have to monitor it closely and if it creeps up maybe get a lower dose med, but I am praying for no meds. Had no idea it could happen this fast!!

I am getting really excited. My surgery is 2 weeks from tomorrow! I have lost 22 pounds and hope to lose 3 more before surgery. Thanks you Cathychats for this motivational thread. You rock!

Wow, we must be about half way through the June bandsters already! The time seemed so far off when we got our dates, and look at all those on the couch now!!

I'm one week post op and doing good. Had some serious issues with low blood pressure 80/50 with a pulse of 46. Called my primary care doc and am off b/p meds for now!! I have to monitor it closely and if it creeps up maybe get a lower dose med, but I am praying for no meds. Had no idea it could happen this fast!!

Thanks for that update Long2BThin. I'm on blood pressure meds twice a day! I can't wait to be rid of them. I will make sure I check my pressure morning and evening when I get home from surgery...just in case. Thank you so much for the warning. What would I do without my Jazzy Junes???

@ Lady, I Am Going With Dr. Hollis With True Results...

The Time Has Come!!!!!!!

I Am About To Take My Shower With This Hibiclens...i Am So Nervous And My Mom Is Not Making It Any Better Crying Everytime She Thinks Of It....i Go In At 10:30 And I Should Have My Surgery Around 12 Then I Am Going Back To Dallas From Houston The Same Day (4hr Drive) I Hope I Am Able To Make It..... I Wish All My Fellow Friday 13th Bandsters Good Luck....and I Promise To Keep Everyone Updated

I saw you at Dr. Hollis' office for our pre-op appointments! :cornut: I heard you talking about the Dallas office giving you your pre-op diet but having your surgery here in Houston. I was the one sleeping with my back to the TV during that long wait. :lol: I really like him and I am sure you will do well.:wink5:

FYI for the rest of you - our pre-op appts were very late due to two patients that day who had large livers causing their procedures to take longer. :thumbup: It motivated me to stick to this diet. :hurray:

Hiya!!

I'm 3 days pre op and beginning to get nervous!!

Not the op itself or how I'll feel after, its the camera down the throat thing!

Dreading it...

worried my throat will close up and they won't be able to get it in,

worried I'll be sick

worried I'll choke and die!

Can anyone put my mind at rest please....I'm shaking already!!

Amanda

xx

Hiya!!

I'm 3 days pre op and beginning to get nervous!!

Not the op itself or how I'll feel after, its the camera down the throat thing!

Dreading it...

worried my throat will close up and they won't be able to get it in,

worried I'll be sick

worried I'll choke and die!

Can anyone put my mind at rest please....I'm shaking already!!

Amanda

xx

This is a new one for me. I don't remember EVER seeing anything about a camera down the throat about this surgery. Yes, they intubate you for the breathing during the anesthesia, but the cameras are in the laprascopic openings. (I think) look at the video on the www.realiseband.com web site. This may help ease your fears. Also, you don't know a thing they are doing to you.

Edited by cathychatts
wrong web address

I never heard of the camera down the throat either. You'll do fine. I was nervous about the anestesia but never even knew when they put me under and before I knew it I was in recovery.

:lol: 2 Debi

:thumbup: Sellie

:wink5: 5 JoannaG, Irish Ladybug

:cornut: 6 Kristybandy, cathychatts, TXEG

:hurray: 10 Jules, Shaxmom

:hurray: 12 cris3, Angelyco

:party: 13 BATassbandita

:party: 17 TX diva,

:party: 24 Snuffy65

:party: 25 Tennessee Mom

I am here at home relaxing. I havehad a lot of pain on my left side--port area--more than I expected. I also had to remain in recovery a little longer than normal as my oxygen level was too low. After that was resolved I went for a regular x-ray. This is to be used as a reference if any issues arise in the future. I had a lot of pain in my chest/sternum area and have been coughing a lot-that is causing even more pain in my left side. Ran a fever for two days but it is down today. The doctor said everything went perfect. My daughter is a RN so I stayed at her house for two nights (it was nice having my own private nurse) and came home yesterday afternoon. I am not hungry and have to keep telling myself to drink or sip.

I am happily looking forward to the rest of my life.:lol:

Good Luck to all of you 12th people. My prayers are with you!

cris3, Angelyco, WannaDance,Susanm, MissWilde, Jewellj1, gina s, Dee 79, Ebeth0013, sks613, CPSimonton, DONNA ALT, sassylily, hoping, goodexample, cpforever, ghannouge

Thanks CathyChatts.

Had my surgery yesterday afternoon. Feeling pretty good so far (although I am relying on my Lortab alot!) I was a little teary eyed on the way to the hospital yesterday, wondering if I was making a mistake. I snapped out of it by the time I reached the surgery center though. I flew to Denver to get banded since I am a self pay. The doctor and staff were so supportive and attentive which made it easier I am so looking forward to getting home tomorrow!

Hi everyone, I was banded on the 12th and I am feeling great. It is really unbelievable, but I have no gas pains and no real pain to speak of. It hurts a little to get up and down from couch but no real pain otherwise. I don't feel hungry at all, however I am drinking my Protein Shakes. So far today I have gotten 1 down and working on another. The Unjury brand is really good. I was afraid that it would taste like chalk but it tastes like chocolate milk. One thing I have noticed is I am itching. Someone told me that is from the anesthesia.

I wish all of you good luck and hope you have it as easy as I have.

I will be banded on June 30th and have not heard anything about use of a camera either. The camera is usually placed through one of the laparoscopic openings, but I wonder why they go down the throat?

I know this is done with a procedure called a EGD when they are wanting to see into your upper GI system (throat, esophagus, stomach). My daughter had one of those when they were trying to figure out why she was throwing up alot. They did some biopsies inside her stomach and diagnosed her with reflux disease.

But why they would do this with band is beyond me. Since you will be under anesthesia and your throat will be relaxed, you wouldn't feel any choking sensation. Your throat normally feels kind of sore, dry, or scratchy after being intubated anyway, but have not known anyone that has complaints after being scoped. Ask your surgeon why they are using a camera down your throat. It is his/her responsibility to provide you with all the information you need in order to make an informed consent for surgery.

Good luck.