Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some people, I swear...

I love this!

He also stated that he has been asked on a number of occasions to write articles on his experiences in various journals, but he has DECLINED to do so, because he would fear for his safety if he ever told everything he knows about the Bariatric Surgery Industry.

He said that if he told what he knew, he is quite sure that he would go out to his car some morning, turn the ignition, and be blown up. The Bariatric Industry is THAT powerful.

Ahahahahahahaha!!! Where's James Bond when you need him? Those evil Bariatric Surgery Industry assassins could be after any of us!!! Oh noes!!! *quivers*

I admit, I haven't read past the first page of that yet (and I'm planning to do so right now), but already my alarm bells are ringing over this statement:

But, I think that it's important that people REALLY do their homework, and make SURE that they have exercised all of their options. And by that I mean that they have really given healthy eating a chance. Most people don't. Weight Watchers is not the answer. Nor is NutriSystem, or any other of those systems. I'll talk more about that as I become better acquainted with the good people here on this forum.
This sounds very much like the guy has a hidden agenda that he plans to reveal later (selling some new diet plan perhaps?) I will be interested to read the rest of the thread and find out if I was right in my guess...

Sorry fellow banders, I can't talk about this topic any more. I can't really go into details why...let's just say that the uber-powerful bariatric syndicate is holding my wife and kids hostage.

The WLS mafia is watching us all right now!!

Sorry fellow banders, I can't talk about this topic any more. I can't really go into details why...let's just say that the uber-powerful bariatric syndicate is holding my wife and kids hostage.

The WLS mafia is watching us all right now!!

What she said! :)

"The only way I can think of as to how his tubing would end up in the colon is this scenario: Band erodes a hole in the stomach, tubing somehow detaches and finds way into hole, and works way into colon from there. Again, it's possible, but I'd think it would be the equivalent of winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning at the same time."

I loved your explanation, LOL! it would have to be a pretty lucky tubing to go through that odyssey and make it all the way down to the colon.

Edited by ELENATION

I think I remember him saying he was 300 pounds overweight....which being a man, would put him somewhere near 500 pounds, on an average. Surgery could have been very risky at that weight.

Y'all found the perfect solution though----he can make his talk show debut on Dr. Phil, and they can be pompous asses together---and side step everything each other says! Maybe even co author a book! Maybe OJ would give them tips on how to write a book without admitting they have anything to write a book about.........

Kat

I think I remember him saying he was 300 pounds overweight....which being a man, would put him somewhere near 500 pounds, on an average. Surgery could have been very risky at that weight.

Y'all found the perfect solution though----he can make his talk show debut on Dr. Phil, and they can be pompous asses together---and side step everything each other says! Maybe even co author a book! Maybe OJ would give them tips on how to write a book without admitting they have anything to write a book about.........

Kat

OUCH! Great comeback!:thumbup:

Okay, retard just mentioned that there is an unsaid warranty clause. You know, if something goes wrong and it points at the physician screwing something up, fine, go...

You know what? I'm not going to even go into this. If I keep reading this LAite's "give me attention" story, it's going to annoy me all day and I'm going to go off and write a post that would probably get me kicked out of here. haha.

There is a warranty clause with Allergan, when they were trying to figure out why fills didn't work, my doc said Allergan wasn't getting back in touch with them, so I wrote a flaming (I was upset with the band 'failing') e-mail to Allergan. Within 24 hours a really nice guy called, got all kinds of info from me, my doc's info, and sent me a packet for them to send my band back in to be evaluated, etc. Then it ended up the port was flipped, so it wasn't needed. But they were extremely attentitive, and thorough. They gave me warm fuzzy feelings.

Man, he's so angry. I just responded to a post where he basically yells at everyone for daring to pass judgment before hearing the whole story. Well, it's his own damn fault for not telling the whole story!

It has been most interesting to observe this “back room” discussion of my postings.

I have been on the Internet for many years, long before it was called the “Internet”. I have participated in many, many forums, and I have owned, operated, and moderated many as well.

Thus, I am very familiar with the concept of a “troll”. I have (many times) been party to the “outing” of a troll on various forums. There have been times, in fact, when the troll was not actually a troll, but a real person espousing a real point of view and opinion, and I was proven wrong.

This is the first time that I have been referred to as a troll, and it is not all that pleasant.

There is another type of forum miscreant that we sometimes call an “rtroll”, which stands for REVERSE Troll. This is the person that THINKS they smell a troll, and becomes obsessed with “outing” the Troll to the point where the original message/posting is nearly forgotten. They become obsessed with findings flaws in the argumentation, missing details, etc. I see some of that happening here.

This is a REAL situation. Perhaps I erred by bringing up the Talk Show appearance. At the time, it seemed like a good idea, that it may lend credibility to my story, but the reality is that it appears to have detracted from my credibility.

I used the expression “more later” or “I’ll have more to say on that later” a couple of times, but that seems to have been burned into your collective psyche as the sign of an impending sales pitch. It didn’t, perhaps, occur to any of you that maybe I have a job or business to run and maybe cannot give all the juicy details in one sitting? Next time I will be sure to state that up front, in language that you will all understand.

The expression “target audience” seems to have been engraved in your minds as well. And I would pose the question (again): what part of that don’t you people get? That’s an expression that we use in the business world, and in our private lives EVERYDAY. But you CHOSE to interpret it as an overt confession that I will be somehow soliciting you all. So…howz about “intended listeners” for a replacement phrase. Does that send up any red flags for ya?

Neveragain, I was completely unaware that you “tore” me a new “a-hole”. I must have missed that post. All I saw was some inane ramblings about how you don’t “buy” what I’m saying. It’s not important to me AT ALL that you buy ANYTHING I have to say. But it sure seems to piss you off. That’s not my intention.

Well, why don't you wait until you have some time to give over to this issue and then explain yourself in a complete and cogent manner? It is understandable that folks will become irritated by hints and allegations which come largely unattended by a factual account. We are here because we have weight issues but that is all. The brains still work.

I am not all that sure that brains are engaged here as much as emotions are. On BOTH sides.

I opted to BEGIN the process of telling about my experience now, because this is a rapidly evolving set of circumstances that may change momentarily. I don't really know.

However, it has become very clear that I chose the WRONG place at the WRONG time, and the WRONG people, for the most part. Another regret.

Again, I don't know what will happen from day to day. My mother-in-law is supposed to have cancer surgery, but there has been a problem with getting her scheduled for it. We do NOT want My surgery to be the same week as My Mother-in-Laws surgery; that would be WAY too much pressure on my wife. So, it appears that we may have to move my surgery UP a week or two, meaning POSSIBLY next week. We'll find out today.

So, as I say, this keeps changing. Which means I may have LESS time to get everything in order that needs to be dealt with. Which, in turn, means I have less time to post the whole thing here.

Well Headhunter. No matter what. If you really had such problems, I wish you a speedy recovery and a happy life. I'm sorry your experience was so terrible with the Lap Band.

I don't agree with alot of the things you have stated in the other thread, but I don't agree with everything that has been stated in this one.

I don't know you are how much truth is in your story, but it is not a happy one. I hope your journey gets better, and please accept by best wishes for your mother-in-law.

Well Headhunter. No matter what. If you really had such problems, I wish you a speedy recovery and a happy life. I'm sorry your experience was so terrible with the Lap Band.

I don't agree with alot of the things you have stated in the other thread, but I don't agree with everything that has been stated in this one.

I don't know you are how much truth is in your story, but it is not a happy one. I hope your journey gets better, and please accept by best wishes for your mother-in-law.

Well said, none of us wish ill on anyone.

Never....im totally with you..I received a private email from this guy slamming me big time. There is something wrong with him, there truly is. I did contact the site and reported him as well as put him on my ignore list. He was verbally abusive, ignorant and hateful. This guy has some serious issues and I felt it was best not to even answer his private email to me....anyway, glad we are in the same ballpark. Thanks for the post.