Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some people, I swear...

Gee, Wasa, let me guess.....were you banded in Mexico?

I think maybe you misread my previous post (or I worded it poorly. That could certainly be the case). I was not dissing Mexican hospitals or doctors. My point was that Mexican hospitals don't have the same litagation worries that American hospitals do. So the paperwork may be different. Get that chip off ya shoulder!

Also, in the case of the NICU baby.....having a "cleaning team" go through the chart is not the same as providing preop paperwork to the patient. Again, it was not a diatribe as to how American hospitals are vastly superior to Mexican hospitals. That wasn't even implied.

Ok, I understand what an erosion of the band is. What I don't understand is how the tubing comes loose and finds its way into the stoma. That would be like threading a needle without using your hands. And you don't think there was any bleeding or bruising prior to the port "popping out"? I don't get it. It still seems fishy to me.

And I didn't quite understand that part where you might opt for a revision to a procedure that allows you to maintain weight. What would this procedure be? Why not unfill, or have the band removed altogether? Or maybe that's what you were talking about?

Lastly, I wouldn't mock somebody's medical knowledge because they're an EMT. That's kinda elitist of you, wasa.

The tubing did not come loose, that isn't what happened. The port was removed, the tubing should have been buried in the peritoneum, it does not appear that it was. The stoma is an enclosed system, the tubing did not find it's way to the stoma. It was the intestine.

I don't know if there was bleeding or bruising before the port popped out or not, I didn't see it. Most likely it was merely oozing pus.

I do have an unfill. It's completely unfilled. That's all I will say about it at this point.

I most certainly did not mock anyone's EMT knowledge. I stated a fact. In this case the issues need more than EMT knowledge, that's all. There are times when issues need more than LPN knowledge, or RN, or BSN.

The rest of my post needs no further discussion on my part, I stand behind what I have written.

Ok, fair enough. I'm not trying to pick a fight. Far from it. But I still do not understand the physiology of tubing to the colon. Is there any way you can explain the path, or am I being dense? The tubing and port are anchored in the peritoneum, but outside the stomach, right? So the only way tubing can get into the intestine / colon is to pierce it from the outside, or enter through the hole that the erosion made (that erosion hole was what I was referring to as the "stoma".....technically correct, but confusing, I know), right? Since out digestive tract is essentially a tube-within-a tube, those are the only two ways I can think of as to how a foreign object finds its way in. Granted, just because those are the only ways I can think of doesn't mean those are the only 2 ways...but I cannot wrap my head around tubing inside the lower GI tract.

No Wasa you did mock me, but that is ok, I ran into nurses like you all the time at the hospital. Most of them I loved to pieces the rest who thought they were above us lowly emt folks .. well lets just say when they did there trauma rotation they got a new vibe about how hard we work when they had to do their job on our rigs. Some never changed, but most did once they realized what we went through.

No Wasa you did mock me, but that is ok, I ran into nurses like you all the time at the hospital. Most of them I loved to pieces the rest who thought they were above us lowly emt folks .. well lets just say when they did there trauma rotation they got a new vibe about how hard we work when they had to do their job on our rigs. Some never changed, but most did once they realized what we went through.

Nahhh, Pix... that's not going to work with me. I most certainly did not mock you. You do not have the education to make the determinations that you were and you were using your EMT experience to bolster your opinions. Not cool, and you know it. That is not mocking. You messed up, instead of taking responsibility for messing up and correcting your errors you try to redirect to make me the one that was in the wrong. I absolutely did not mock you, you do not have the education needed for this scenario as an EMT. Like it or not, it's true.

This is not a matter of PC, this is a matter of facts. Unless you are claiming that you do have the education to make the diagnoses that you were of perforations, etc, then you are practicing medicine out of the scope of your practice.

Instead of pulling the sympathy card (because you were called on incorrect information) why not respond to the issues that are at hand? Why not answer my questions?

I'm really not interested in playing this game anymore. If you want to continue I'll really dig into your post and go into detail of how you are wrong or check the laws in your state to see what qualifications you have to make the determinations that the OP of that thread was lying (when he wasn't, not about the medical issues anyway). But is it really necessary?

Your choice. Personally, I think the issue should be dropped.

Ok, fair enough. I'm not trying to pick a fight. Far from it. But I still do not understand the physiology of tubing to the colon. Is there any way you can explain the path, or am I being dense? The tubing and port are anchored in the peritoneum, but outside the stomach, right? So the only way tubing can get into the intestine / colon is to pierce it from the outside, or enter through the hole that the erosion made (that erosion hole was what I was referring to as the "stoma".....technically correct, but confusing, I know), right? Since out digestive tract is essentially a tube-within-a tube, those are the only two ways I can think of as to how a foreign object finds its way in. Granted, just because those are the only ways I can think of doesn't mean those are the only 2 ways...but I cannot wrap my head around tubing inside the lower GI tract.

You know, Plain... this whole thread has gotten out of hand. It was out of hand in the very beginning. Your question has already been answered and I don't think I have the communication skills to explain it differently so perhaps it's time to drop this.

Well I guess it would be nice

If I could touch ya body

I know not everybody

has gotta body like meeeee

butta gotta think TWICE

before I give my heart away

and I know all the games you play

cause I play them toooooo

Oh but I need some time off

from that e-mo-tion

time to get my heart off of the floor

Oh when love goes down

With-out Devotion

Well its been a long one baby but I'm

showing you that door

You gotta have faith faith faith

you gotta have faith.

Oops wrong thread.

Whew! I have just read every post in this thread. It seems this thread was created to discuss another member of the forum. While you have every right not to like a person and to debate the person, it is NOT allowable to post personal attacks. It now appears that the bad feelings are spreading between other members.

So, look over the rules if you need a refresher, let's agree to disagree, and maybe this thread will/can die a natural death. Please?

Whew! I have just read every post in this thread. It seems this thread was created to discuss another member of the forum. While you have every right not to like a person and to debate the person, it is NOT allowable to post personal attacks. It now appears that the bad feelings are spreading between other members.

So, look over the rules if you need a refresher, let's agree to disagree, and maybe this thread will/can die a natural death. Please?

I didn't read the entire thread because I am completely tired of the entire issue, but I agree Elisabeth. I would hate LBT to become just like another

WLS board where members do so much mud slinging.

That is why I liked LBT so much when I came here. I liked it here because it was DIFFERENT!

Hey if you want to see how people can behave on this forum just go to Rants and Raves "I hate it when people post just to post" to see how people really are and start in the beginning, it's only about 1,300+ threads but it kind of shows a dark side to the forum, and when I started reading it one day it really depressed me because it's hard to tell sincerity anymore! brandyII, sad face

That thread was my first experience of people trying to put people down or whatever and I must say I wasn't impressed. I was ready to leave this site but then thought why would I do that just because there are some people out there who think it is okay to knock people for some reason or another. Instead I decided to stay around with my Nov Nymph mates. I have kept away from that thread because I don't like that mentality. We had it at school, we have it in the workforce, I certainly don't want it during my "stress" free hours after work. I can understand people have come on here that make rash statements and upset some people but have a say and move on... which is what I'm doing right now :thumbup::tt2:

That's the great thing about this site. If you don't like a thread, there are plenty more to go and find a happy place. We are a really good bunch, and it's easy to ignore anyone who brings us down.