Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, Everyone....I think I'll be the contrarian voice here...

To HeadHunter, The Marketing Genius:

I dunno... I hate to see other people freaking out like I did when I first started reading this thread.

Headhunter, if your intent is as you said it was, then good for you. But I encourage you to explore your methodology and communication techniques.

I feel what you did is like going to a cancer forum and posting, "Guys, if you're just starting, don't get chemotherapy. It's really bad! Here's what it did to me!"

For a lot of us, it's THAT SMALL of a choice to get the band. Band or die. For a lot of us, we will die without this surgery. By discouraging it, you have basically said, "well, screw that chemotherapy, suck it up and use the power of the mind to cure it."

Little bit of an extreme example, I know.... but... you get the drift.

Goodnight bandsters...

Seymour, FEED ME! Love, Audrey

HAHAHAHAHAHA

ROFL! I actually did laugh at my desk when I read this. My boss gave me a raised eyebrow.

My complication is not as severe as his however, I don't think that the surgeons (who after all have surgeon personalities - arrogant and believing they are always right) have fully informed their potential clients of the complications. I have also had two surgeries directly following the lap band surgery to correct the first procedure and pneumonia twice. The problem is not as much with the surgery however, the follow up care is not good. Bariatric surgeons have tunnel vision and as patients, we need to push them. I was not informed that any vomiting (such as having the flu) may require an immediate trip to the ER for one thing.

I had my initial surgery three months ago and the lap band has only been functioning 2 weeks!!! Yes there are complications however do these show up in statitics?

My complication is not as severe as his however, I don't think that the surgeons (who after all have surgeon personalities - arrogant and believing they are always right) have fully informed their potential clients of the complications. I have also had two surgeries directly following the lap band surgery to correct the first procedure and pneumonia twice. The problem is not as much with the surgery however, the follow up care is not good. Bariatric surgeons have tunnel vision and as patients, we need to push them. I was not informed that any vomiting (such as having the flu) may require an immediate trip to the ER for one thing.

I had my initial surgery three months ago and the lap band has only been functioning 2 weeks!!! Yes there are complications however do these show up in statitics?

Patients also have a responsibility to educate themselves. The vast majority of surgeons DO tell their patients about complications. Many patients don't actually listen or comprehend, though. I've never seen a surgeon that didn't provide at least a pamphlet describing the surgery to his or her patients, if not an entire binder with post-op instructions, possible complications, etc.

Your lap-band not functioning until two weeks ago ISN'T a complication. That's how the thing works. You have to get fills to have restriction, and until you have restriction, you can eat normally and probably won't lose much, if any, weight.

PLEASE point out to me EXACTLY where I stated that.

Probably the part that you pulled out of your ass about how Lap Band doctors will be sued, and Lap Band will be pulled from the market.

Probably the part that you pulled out of your ass about how Lap Band doctors will be sued, and Lap Band will be pulled from the market.

Yes, now THAT really added to the dialogue in a positive manner, now didn't it?

AGAIN, you have not read my posts. A doctor who performs these surgeries told me that it was his opinion that it WILL be pulled. And it is HIS opinion. I would not disagree with him, but I would not entirely agree either, but for different reasons than you might think.

I WILL sue my doctors. And can you explain why THAT is "pulled from my ass"?

AGAIN, you contribute NOTHING. you ask NO questions that I have not answered. You merely take shots.

I'll assume that you're proud of that.

Headhunter-

I am dizzy from reading all of your posts. You seem to go in circles without answering much of anything. You came on here to make people aware that you had a problem with your Lap Band. Well.....DO IT! State your business...ALL of it and stop with the mind games! You keep saying you don't have enough time to post everything yet you find ample time to spat back in forth with people who are questioning your motive.

If you are not prepared to come forth with all of your information (like has been requested a zillion times in the posts before mine) then stop this nonsense. If you have been "advised" by an attorney or are refraining from sharing info until you can be advised....why start all this in the first place? You have accomplished nothing but stirring up fear with tidbits of a "supposed" surgery gone bad.

I think you are enjoying yourself a bit too much at our expense.

in PM's I have enouraged people to go ahead with their surgeries. The Mods have access to those PMs, THEY can see what I am saying privately and THEY know I am not trying to sell anyone anything.

Private messages are just that, private. We do not view them.

Remember those movies they used to show us in High School drivers ed? the ones that showed people in horrible accidents?

You probably felt somewhat compelled to watch that movie and found it difficult to look away. Just like when one is driving down the road and we see something awful, we just can't help looking. You have referenced several times that people do want to hear what you are saying based on the number of views this thread has had. I offer up a different arguement here. People love drama, they are drawn to it, they find they can't just ignore it and look away. When someone sees a thread with so many replies, and see this same thread is being talked about in R and R as well, they are drawn to it. They want to see what all the drama is about. Curiosity is human nature, so they open up the thread. It is not necessarily because they want to hear what you have to say, although I am sure some do, but just as many open it up just to see what the drama is all about.

You probably felt somewhat compelled to watch that movie and found it difficult to look away. Just like when one is driving down the road and we see something awful, we just can't help looking. You have referenced several times that people do want to hear what you are saying based on the number of views this thread has had. I offer up a different arguement here. People love drama, they are drawn to it, they find they can't just ignore it and look away. When someone sees a thread with so many replies, and see this same thread is being talked about in R and R as well, they are drawn to it. They want to see what all the drama is about. Curiosity is human nature, so they open up the thread. It is not necessarily because they want to hear what you have to say, although I am sure some do, but just as many open it up just to see what the drama is all about.

And you are correct. Some like the drama. Some really want to know what happened. I never said that everyone was interested in my story, but I think I am safe in saying that plenty are.

in PM's I have enouraged people to go ahead with their surgeries. The Mods have access to those PMs, THEY can see what I am saying privately and THEY know I am not trying to sell anyone anything.
No, we don't have access to PMs. "THEY" can't see anything that happens in PM or any other private media. "THEY" don't know anything of your intentions other than what has been put in this thread.

I'd thank you to stop claiming something so completely untrue as fact. It will just incite unfounded paranoia among our members. Surely that's not your intention...

Edited by Wheetsin

No, we don't have access to PMs. "THEY" can't see anything that happens in PM or any other private media. "THEY" don't know anything of your intentions other than what has been put in this thread.

I'd thank you to stop claiming something so completely untrue as fact. It will just incite unfounded paranoia among our members. Surely that's not your intention...

Ok, I stand corrected. on SOME forums, the software allows SOME mods access. Apparently here, that is NOT the case.

I am moving this thread to Rants and Raves. It has gotten to volatile to remain in the complications forum.

Yes, now THAT really added to the dialogue in a positive manner, now didn't it?

AGAIN, you have not read my posts. A doctor who performs these surgeries told me that it was his opinion that it WILL be pulled. And it is HIS opinion. I would not disagree with him, but I would not entirely agree either, but for different reasons than you might think.

I WILL sue my doctors. And can you explain why THAT is "pulled from my ass"?

AGAIN, you contribute NOTHING. you ask NO questions that I have not answered. You merely take shots.

I'll assume that you're proud of that.

You insinuated that there lawsuits popping up everywhere for people to sue for having had the band. Not because a doctor was incompetent but because the band was dangerous. That's an extremely misleading statement with all the data given. You were essentially trying to cause a mass hysteria about the evil band and how it will ruin everyone's lives-- they just don't realize it yet!

I'm not proud or unproud, I still think you have a hidden agenda.

Ok. please point out what phrase I used that implied with such SPECIFICITY that "that there lawsuits popping up everywhere for people to sue for having had the band."

I never SAID that, I never IMPLIED that and YOU are reading what you WANT to read into this.

I DO believe that there WILL be lawsuits in the future. I have NO DOUBT of it. And I think the number will increase. But "popping up all over"? those are YOUR words, NOT MINE.

Again, WHERE did I state or even IMPLY that the band was evil???

"evil band and how it will ruin everyone's lives-- they just don't realize it yet! "

Where did I say THAT???? Point it OUT, PLEASE!

Oh, and the hidden agenda? explain that one too, while you're at it.

OMG, Is he still talking? Blah, blah, blah.

you know how in the "Peanuts" show everytime an adult talks it's

Whah,whah, whah,

That's all I hear now.

:)