Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long were you off work?

My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday April 16th and i'm hoping to return to work on the following Monday. Is that reasonable or should I expect to be out of work a bit longer than that?

Thanks

I had my surgery on a Thursday and could have gone back on the following Monday. But, I ended up taking the 5 days they gave me and am glad I did. :biggrin:

I am planning the my surgery for the same period of time...I think if you have an office job you will be fine...but it will depend on pain..some have more tolerance than others. I have had many surgeries including laproscopic gallbladder surgery and took two weeks off, but will not do that this time. I have a very supportive workplace and my co-workers are like family. I think you will be fine..good luck!!

I had my surgery wednesday 4/2, and went back to work monday

I have a desk job. however, I should have taken more time off.

i was still a bit out of it, due to getting used to lower calories.

plus, I'd get mysterious shoulder pain (ask others, it seems to be something that others get) that would leave me very distracted.

things not good for a mentally demanding job (I'm a financial analyst)

it depends on what kind of job you have, and how demanding it is.

I had my lapband surgery last Thursday the 10th. Stayed over one night in the hospital and was back to work today-Monday (14th)!! Piece of cake! No pain meds for me. Everyone is different tho. I had no pain and my incisions don't really hurt that bad. Good luck to you! Stay strong and have a positive attitude! Keep me posted! Take care.

-Dawn :-)

I just got banded this friday the 11th and they also repaired a Hiatal Hernia, and I am currently at work today. I would have liked to have taken a day or two off, but I had a big training for a new ordering system today. Im sore but I'll live.

I had my lap band done on April 7th and I am back to work today. I am a little sore but it beats laying in bed and on the couch all day!! I also have arm pain also?? I don't know what that is caused by??

Sheila

Arm pain maybe from the gas from them pumping us with air to get us banded.

You might be able to pull it off. I was out for 6 days. I think the most challenging part for me was that I felt so tired, my body was drained of energy.

I was just banded on Tuesday the 8th, and I plan on going back to work tomorrow, I am a hairstylist and on my feet 10-12 hrs, but this week I am only working 1/2 days (just incase) I am feeling really good, not much pain at all, just sore and some shoulder pain, but I think I will be fine to go to work 1 week after surgery....good luck

Thanks to all for the responses. It definatley looks like it varies per person so i'll play it by ear. I have more time available to me if I need it.

Good luck to all of you and thanks again

I had mine of the 31st of March and I'm supposed to go back to work this Wednesday the 16th. Physically I feel alright, but I'm afraid of being really tired. I'm still taking a nap every day and last night I slept like 11 hours and I'm still tired. I think it's just adjusting to different calorie intake, Protein, all that good stuff. Like everyone has said, it's different for each person I think.