Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We ready for a Black President?

Are we ready for a Black President?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are we ready for a Black President?

• Yes
    • No

gadget what are you talking about? I was speaking to an issue that Jack and I were trying to come to terms on. How does your post relate in any way, except to be negative and accuse me of interpreting something incorrectly? You must not have read both of our posts very well.

Jack posted some videos which you didn't watch but criticized as being diversionary tactics. You stated that diversionary tactics are lies and misrepresentations meant to divert people away from honest issues. I stated that the videos weren't a diversionary tactic, had good information, and weren't lies and misrepresentations -- but you wouldn't know that because you didn't watch them. I think I read both posts quite well.

I was also thrilled to see Powell support Obama. I watched the entire "Meet the Press" show yesterday. I was very impressed with Powells thought out reasoning for supporting Obama but that did not stop Rush from stating this morning is was only because he was black.

Powell was the darling of the right when he support "W" for president and when he went to the UN to support the war. Now they will either ignore him or try and tear him down. I don't know about you but I am enjoying watching the flail about not knowing what to do when their Rovian tacktics don't work any more.

Sorry gadget, you just didn't understand what you read. I didn't say that the guy in the video was using diversionary tactics.

I was messing with Jack because he posted it right after a long post that I made that I thought might provoke some conversation on those issues. Rather than discuss those things, Jack posted something else that didn't relate to what I had brought up. I was referring to Jack using a diversionary tactic - not referring to what the context of his post was.

I just don't have time to read all the stuff - all the links and stuff - that other people post. Nothing compells me to and so I don't. You don't have to read everything everyone else posts either - you choose to.

Edited by BJean

You're right clusk. He definitely was considered a top-notch dignitary and consultant in the Republican party. And he is still just as important as they thought he was.

I expect nothing better from Rush Limbaugh. If all the racist remarks intended to incite negative actions from stupid folks doesn't stop, they should be held accountable when it happens.

I'm astonished that Sen Obama's campaign to date surpasses the entire National Defense Budget of the USA in 1963 by about 5 times.

That's quite a statistic. Wow.

Wow gadge did someone hit a nerve, you're getting kind of nasty:thumbdown:

And hers weren't? Just stating the truth. I do rarely read her posts. Sorry if I offended you.

You're right, KYBandChick. I shouldn't have ignored the attacks and not said anything at all. I do apologize to anyone I offended, including BJean.

You're right, KYBandChick. I shouldn't have ignored the attacks and not said anything at all. I do apologize to anyone I offended, including BJean.

"shouldn't", so are you being catty or sincere. I like to believe in positive intentions so I will not assume

"shouldn't", so are you being catty or sincere. I like to believe in positive intentions so I will not assume

THAT was a typo (I started to type "I shouldn't have taken the bait"). Sorry. I meant I should have ignored. I would go back and fix but with your quote immortalizing my typo :party: the thread wouldn't make sense if I did. Thank you for wanting to believe in positive intentions :Dancing_biggrin:

THAT was a typo (I started to type "I shouldn't have taken the bait"). Sorry. I meant I should have ignored. I would go back and fix but with your quote immortalizing my typo :party: the thread wouldn't make sense if I did. Thank you for wanting to believe in positive intentions :Dancing_biggrin:

All this negativity was why I lost interest in the "Are we ready for a female VP" thread. It just isn't necessary. It really seems like a competition between each side to see who can come up with the next best partisan quote knowing we aren't impressing anyone but those who already agree with us and igniting those who don't. It feels like a school yard game of I know you are but what am I.

All this negativity was why I lost interest in the "Are we ready for a female VP" thread. It just isn't necessary. It really seems like a competition between each side to see who can come up with the next best partisan quote knowing we aren't impressing anyone but those who already agree with us and igniting those who don't.

When you have two groups who disagree vehemently on issues, you're bound to have conflict. It doesn't necessarily need to be negative unless people start getting personal -- or even if they start calling the politicians involved names -- and then it can ramp up very quickly, unfortunately. I've seen some doozies from both sides, and, as you know, I've been involved in some doozies as well. But you have to remember that while there are some who are entrenched in their position, such as myself and many others on this board, there are still "undecideds". Rhetoric doesn't often affect them, but maybe some of the facts that come through here and there will. I've been very happy to explain my position in logical, clearly though-out posts and PMs, to several LBTers.

One of these days (hopefully soon -- I need to get permission first) I'm going to share a positive story about something terrific that came out of a very hotly debated issue and often name-calling thread on this board. You don't always know what's going on behind the scenes :Dancing_biggrin:

Personally, I think closing threads is useless as the opinions (and personality conflicts) just erupt elsewhere. But it's up to everyone else.

hold on one minute.... if you can manage your self and have a discussion don't co around calling for the closure of my thread. i mean cmon what happened bjean may have been getting a lil edgy but gadget you were out of line. cmon your too old for this.... chill and conversate or stop reading this thread!!!!:party::crying::Dancing_biggrin: