Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a "nice" little visit to the ER tonight

That sounds very frightening! I'm glad the ER was able to help you. How did they remove the Fluid with a suction tube or some other method? I know they're big on no NG tubes ever with a band so wasn't sure.

What type of eggs did you eat? I was told once you get past a month scrambled are OK but fried are not.

ErikMesa :huh2:

Eek that does sound pleasant at all. Glad you are okay now. Hope everything works out with your school and program.

Oh my goodness...

sounds like you have a good attitude about the whole situation. I know lots of folks have issues with eggs.< /p>

Hi Jfran,

I met you at Dr. Ray's about a month ago. It was really nice meeting you.

I'm glad you're feeling better and by getting an unfill resolved your pain. It's also really nice to know that Dr. Ray met you at the ER and was so helpful. It makes me feel more comfortable having him do my surgery.

I hope you're still feeling better and that you don't have to go through anything like that again. I can only imagine how scary that would be.

I hope to see you soon, either at the support group or maybe I will run into you at Dr. Ray's again.

PS

That sounds very frightening! I'm glad the ER was able to help you. How did they remove the Fluid with a suction tube or some other method? I know they're big on no NG tubes ever with a band so wasn't sure.

What type of eggs did you eat? I was told once you get past a month scrambled are OK but fried are not.

ErikMesa :bolt:

ErikMesa,

I think you misunderstood how they remove Fluid from the band. They remove it with a needle via the port that is placed under your skin when you have the band installed. I noticed that you are very newly banded so you have not had your first fill yet. You will learn all about how fills and unfills work in about another 5weeks or so.

Good luck with your new band.

I'm so glad you were able to get help so quickly. I have not PB'd or slimed yet and I hope I never do. I hope everything goes smooth when you start getting your fills again.

Whoa! Glad you are feeling better.:thumbup:

A lot of people report a problem with eggs - of most any style. Isn't it weird how something is ok one day but not the next?

Kudos to your doctor for meeting you so quickly too.

Hi Jfran! Glad to hear that you are feeling better! I know that must have been very scary and unpleasant for you.

For future reference, I hear that it is recommended to go back to liquids after you have a PB incident as the stoma gets irritated and swollen. That is probably why you had the problem with the Protein bar since those are very firm in consistency. I have also heard of people using small sips of pineapple juice or taking a dissolvable papaya enzyme tablet that helps digest the food in your pouch more quickly. Just a couple of tips in the event it ever happens again.

I have also heard that being under stress can cause tightening of the stoma so something to keep in mind for future reference as well.

So far I can eat scrambled eggs with absolutely no problem. I have my second fill tomorrow so I get to start experimenting with my food choices all over again. Sometimes you will be fine with a certain food up to a certain level of restriction and then suddenly you can't tolerate it anymore. I have also heard of people who even weeks after a fill will suddenly experience a problem with certain foods and then will be fine the next time they try them. We say that those people have fickle bands! LOL

Hope this information helps you or anyone else!

I have noticed that on some days I can eat more. There are days where I can't keep anything down at all. I was suprised to hear you can eat 2 eggs in the morning. I can not eat in the morning, without a PB, after hot tea or coffee it loosens for the meal in the midmorning.

Glad to hear you are fine. Have your favorite meal before your're filled back up. Just remember to work it off!!!

YIKES!!! What is it with eggs? I tried some yesterday and after 3 or 4 bites, I was stuck! Not doing the egg thing again! It is to bad because the Protein is so good!

I started PBing after my last fill. The last time it was so bad, I drove to the market, bought pineapple juice and Adolph's meat tenderizer, waited in line for a $300 order to get checked out before me, then went home, put a half teaspoon of the meat tenderizer into 2 oz of pineapple juice and drank. I could feel the blockage dissolve immediately. It happened again last week at work, but this time I had the meat tenderizer in my purse. I mixed it with warm Water, and voila, instant relief. I learned about it elsewhere on this forum. Hope it helps.

Edited by cathgr8
sp