Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

Hey there! Need a little advice/reality check here. So, has anyone had Rachel as PA for Dr. Robinson? I went in yesterday for a fill. So this was my 4th fill...I was soooooo looking forward to it because I have been at a flippin STANDSTILL on the scale for far to long. I know my weightloss will be slower than most be come on man!

So at my last fill I should have been up to 6cc. She pulls out the Fluid and says....you aren't at 6...more like almost 5! Ummmm, that should have been my fill in JULY! So she gives me 1 more and writes in my chart "between 5 and 6 cc".

I don't know what to think about this? Does fluid like evaporate? Shouldn't I have been at 6 and getting to 7 yesterday? I am definitely not at the sweet spot people talk about. I have some restriction but can def. eat more at a sitting than I should with the band.

It's a little early to see if this amount will help or not. It is the morning after and I am "tight"....er.....we shall see. What do you all think? Is that weird? Should I call and get some clarification? ANyone have Rachel before? hmmmmm..I seriously don't want to wait yet another month to get a fill that I already had in August (amount wise)....kwim?:thumbup:

~Holly

How you doing now Bostonmama?

I dont have Rachel but I will tell you I had an issue with discrepancy in my reported band level btw the PA's (2 different ones) and my Dr. So much so I thought I might have a leak. So I got a fill and went back 2 weeks later to make sure it was still all in there and it is. This could just be an error in reporting your fill level.

thanks for the reply, tiny! :thumbup:...I guess I was thinking the same thing....damn, maybe I sprung a leak! Haha. I guess I shouldn't fuss about the actual number but how tight it feels. This last fill, last Monday...I have noticed a nice considerable difference. I am def. tighter..specially in the morning...and get fuller, sooner. I need to be thankful for that!

I am wondering if this is the sweet spot or will the next fill do the trick. I guess only time will tell! Did anyone make the support group meeting last week? I couldn't....kids are too needy these days! :thumbup:

I am heading to the group today. Anyone else? I had another fill last week. I am now at 7CCs in a 14CC band. Still don't have too much restriction- at least I don't think I do. I have been trying to eat smaller portions but certainly do not have that "get full quick" feeling... mainly I am just experiencing more things getting stuck more frequently. I have a bad habit of eating too fast, so I am sure that is contributing to that. BUT I am working on it. So how do you know when you are at your sweet spot? What makes it so damn sweet?? HaHaHa

Hey Jennifer!

I am actually going in for a fill this afternoon at 3:45! I forgot tonight was the meeting night! I might be able to swing it. It's at 6pm right?

I don't know if I am at my sweet spot...I am hoping this fill today will do the trick. One can only hope!

I might see you there tonight!

Holly

Good luck with your fill this afternoon. Hopefully they figured out your correct fill number. I just was getting caught up and reading everyone's posts (above) because I haven't been on the site in a while. I do think Rachel the PA definitely messed up because you have always been 1 CC ahead of me and I was there last week and am now at 7CCs. I do believe the group is at 6pm. I missed the group last month because I was on vacation in New Orleans at the time.

Hi everyone! Jennifer it was nice seeing you again tonight. I feel better when I go to the support group meetings!

Hope to see a few "new faces" on the thread too. Where the heck is everyone these days?

Had Dr. R give me my fill today and man that hurt like hell! What's up with that? He did confirm that I had 6 cc's in there, and he agreed to give me .5 more. Maybe this will do the trick!

kinda sad I wasnt able to make last nights Faulkner meeting but I will try my darnest to may Novembers. Life and work has just been so hectic.

Jen the sweet spot ? Thats a hard one but I think the common theme is if you arent hungry between meals and are able to eat dense Protein with out pbing and are able to keep your calories down and lose weight. Its a fine line that IMO gets harder and harder achieve over time. I had a 2nd unfill but Im think Im going to stay with this level of restriction. Not losing but I can eat salad/veggies and most protein without an issue. Breads and carbs however do cause me problems as long as I follow the guidelines and Portion Control (of course I do struggle with these lol)

bostonmama once again I had differences of fill levels reported btw the PAs and my Dr. Im fine with it as long as I am not losing any Fluid.< /p>

How is everyone else?????

Tova you around? I so need to talk to a vet bandster.

Good seeing you as well Holly! I also always leave the group feeling better!

good to see you too JEn! Where the heck is Paige and the rest of the vet crew? looks like TIny is i=missing you!

A few days late and a few dollars short---been crazy with work and life. Sorry I forgot about the meeting this week. When is November's meeting? I go back in next week for another fill. Been at 4.0 for about 6 weeks now. Working out again and not losing weight, though I'm not shocked.

Tova,

I know you mentioned you gained when your band was all let out--I'm seeing Dr R. next week, and for the first time have gained nearly 10 pounds. I'm a little nervous about how he's going to be about it. I figure I'm eating all the right stuff now, just WAY too much of it. I'm hungry all the time---tummy grumbling, the whole 9 yards. Just a little anxious about what he's going to say....

Hope you guys are well. :wink2:

I am right there with ya nota. Gained about 15lbs total :w00t: since May. Ive been trying to lose it but I cant my volume down to reduce my calorie intake. My hunger control is ok except at night, I have one thing, then its something else then on and on. Still have a bit of restriction on some days others I can eat a lot. Able to eat salads which is great and very little pbing unless its tough meat or skins.

I will check my list but I think the next meeting is Monday Nov 8th

Edited by tinywishes123

OH, Tiny...my issue was that I gained that much in like 3 weeks!! I've been at 3.5 and 4 CC since my hospital visit in early Sept. I just started working out again about 3 weeks ago. Yep--totally coincided with my weight gain. I'm not a believer in that whole "muscle weighs more than fat" thing. I know I was hungrier when I started working out. I ate more. I ate healthy, but tended to eat more fibrous foods and not enough Protein. Funny enough---I saw him today. I was in by 4:19 for my 4:30 appointment. I never even had a chance to fill out the paper that we do before each appointment. I was out before 4:30. He didn't even mention my weight gain! He simply told me it was "a good time for a fill". Oh, and to think I agonized about it!!! So he put me up to 5.0 cc's. Hoping the restriction will help with the hunger!!! Staying away from Halloween treats and candy hasn't been easy.....

Hey all,

Super new here... going to the info session over at the Brigham tonight. Does anyone have any good info about who's the best over there/what to avoid/etc? I'd love some insight!

Thanks so much!

Welcome, Baby!

I hope the info session went well for you. I know there are other programs in the area that do not charge a program fee, but one of the very important aspects of this program is the aftercare----the visits with the nutritionist and the support groups. Many of the area hospitals do not offer these, and I've personally found them to be essential. (I had surgery 3 years ago this Dec.) Let's face it---this can be a VERY lonely experience. Your surgeon likely will never have actually had the surgery, and few friends have, if any. Having a group of people to help you through this is essential. One major word of advice---the surgeons in our program will operate at either the Brigham or the Faulkner. You can do follow up appointments at either one as needed---but the Faulkner offers only private rooms. I had mine at the Brigham, but I think others would agree that having your own room would be a fantastic benefit!!!

The support group meets at both hospitals, as well. It would be a good idea to attend one if you're really interested in having your surgery at one of these hospitals. We have all sorts of people in our groups---from prospective patients to some as many as 4 years+ out. Hope you've gotten some answers to your questions. If not, shout them out. People will answer when time allows. Good luck on your journey. :thumbup:

HI everyone -

Guess I am really out of the loop, work, family and life have really been keeping me busier than ever.

I am sorry you are having a hard time with gaining and loosing weight and I guess we are all in good company. I went in this past Monday and Dr R put in .5cc. I feel slightly tighter than before but I know it can take a week or more to really feel it.

I also need to get back to the gym on a regular schedule - things have been out of control.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone at the meeting this month

Tova:thumbup: