Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

I am planning on going to the Monday group as well. I'm scheduled to see Dr. R for my first fill on July 20th. He actually just referred me to an oncology surgeon who I see on the 13th. During my LAP-BAND® surgery he saw some lesions on my liver and sent me for an MRI about a week after surgery. Well turns out I have 5 Adenoma tumors on my liver. They are typically benign, unless they get too big. So I guess I have to see this other surgeon to find out if they will just monitor them or if I will need surgery to get them removed. I wonder if it will affect me getting my first fill??? I am one of those unfortunate people who has discovered that I can eat anything right now Carol- HaHaHa. Though I am down 52 pounds so I haven't lost complete control yet. Anyone else familiar with Adenoma Tumors? :ohmy:

I sure hope everything goes okay!! I'm sticking with the diet plan for stage 3 but I've gained 4 lbs. No cheating,

I guess I'm getting more calories than the shakes gave me.

I'm not going to worry about it though. I see Dr. R on the 26th and hope I get a fill then. See you Mon.:)

I am planning on going to the Monday group as well. I'm scheduled to see Dr. R for my first fill on July 20th. He actually just referred me to an oncology surgeon who I see on the 13th. During my LAP-BAND® surgery he saw some lesions on my liver and sent me for an MRI about a week after surgery. Well turns out I have 5 Adenoma tumors on my liver. They are typically benign, unless they get too big. So I guess I have to see this other surgeon to find out if they will just monitor them or if I will need surgery to get them removed. I wonder if it will affect me getting my first fill??? I am one of those unfortunate people who has discovered that I can eat anything right now Carol- HaHaHa. Though I am down 52 pounds so I haven't lost complete control yet. Anyone else familiar with Adenoma Tumors? :)

Sounds like you're dealing well with a stressful situation! I'd think you'd be ok to go ahead with the fill. Either way, I'd head in for my scheduled appointment and tell Dr. R at that appointment and let him decide what to do. I've been relatively unfilled since March and am having foot surgery in 2 weeks---so I've waited for a fill. (ONLY because I know that the anesthesia makes me sick and I can't deal with being tight and sick....) Looking forward to seeing you guys on Monday. Just a warning--Phyllis is away. It will be someone else, just for this month. Keep up the good work, ladies! See you next week. :ohmy:

I won't be there on monday, I have other plans.

Have fun everyone!

Aaaww you will be missed

See you guys tonight :thumbup:

Jay and Paige you better come to the next meeting. I think it went well last night and we didnt scare off the staff :grouphug:.

Hammered home some good topics like planning meals ahead and drinking Water. This week I will focus on these two habits

~Mel

Hi everyone,

I haven't been around in a while. Glad to see new bansters & regulars :-) I've been pretty much just maintaining my weight. Have not had a fill in MONTHS but don't feel I need one either. I'm still not overly hungry. I just need to be eating the right foods & stay away from JUNK food. I'm trying again! :-) Have a good one all!

Hi everyone hows the week going? Good to see your post Heidi :unsure:

Ive been doing well with drinking 6-8 glasses of Water daily and eating a lot of salad and veggies but having huge issues with night time eating. Once I start its like I cant stop. I know you all get relate. Hoping a small small fill will get me more restriction and end the night time hungry horrors.

Oh a new thing Im trying is adding spinach to my Protein Shakes in the morning...turns it green but you dont taste it at all.

Heres more information so you dont think I'm whacked

http://greenmonstermovement.com/

~Mel

Edited by tinywishes123
spelling

I had my first fill today... 4cc's. I have done pretty good about sticking to the liquid (protein shake) diet today but did just have a 1 oz piece of cheese- I was just sooo hungry!!! I ate it really slow and took really small bites. How long after a fill do you guys stay on the liquid diet?

I also saw the dietician today and got a copy of the food records they have. I'm noticing that I seem to particularly struggle with comming up with dinner ideas. Any suggestions? Hope everyone is doing well!

PS- Carol, I didn't see you at the group last Monday. Hope everything is okay. I know you had been planning on going.

YaY on the first fill Jennifer! You sound like you have been doing pretty good on your on though. I can't WAIT to get this ball rolling. I have my last appt w/Dr. Lautz tomorrow. That is when he will find out that I've gained 15 pounds...so not looking forward to the side eye he is going to give me.

Tiny..I love spinach but this newbie won't be putting them in her Protein Shakes for a long long long time.

Have a great day everyone!

Hey everyone....I am back! I am coming on my second anniversary of the band, and have lost a total of 30lbs... I have been very discouraged because it took SO long to find my sweet spot...I am not sure if I have even found it yet!! I took a break from the band for the past few months and am now ready to get back into it... I am going to try and make it to the meetings because I need the support... Dr. Robinson actually called ME because I haven't been in...I was completely shocked because I didn't even think he knew who I was!! Looking forward to chatting and sharing with people on this thread...I see a lot of new people have joined!! Katie:)

Hi to my old friends Paige and Mel!!

Hi Katie Good to see you back here.

Dr R's office called you? Wow. :unsure: So did you make an appt? Please come to the Monday Faulkner meetings if you can

Had my final appt. w/Dr. Lautz this morning and things took a major major turn. Due to some esophagus problem I'm no longer a candidate for the lap band. As the band gets tighter I would may not be able to swallow. He is willing to perform a bypass and feels like I would be successful.

So needless to say I'm slightly devastated by this news. I've done my research and I was all set and prepped for the band. Now I have to start this whole thing over. I'm about 80% sure that I will have the bypass because I just can't continue living with this weight. I feel like I've tired to do this on my own and I'm just not successful.

I'm going to give myself the weekend to get my head right. I will make a final decision on Monday

So I guess this is goodbye :biggrin:

Hey there, Katie! Welcome back!!!

I'm planning on going to the next support group, on August 9th. In fact, I scheduled a fill for that day. I haven't had a fill since the winter....and the last 2 times I went were for un-fills. I had foot surgery at the Faulkner on Thursday and was shocked by the ignorance of the post-operative nurses with regard to my post op care with a Lap Band. I asked several times about liquid meds or even small pills. They didn't have a pill splitter in recovery. Ridiculous! They kept telling me I had to eat to take the pills, but I explained I need to drink BEFORE I ate or it would wash back at me....oh, what a challenge! I had my surgery there intentionally, assuming I wouldn't run into problems. No such luck! My surgeon was shocked that I haven't any pain.....and told me I had to take the oxy for at least 48 hours. I'm moving on to Tylenol today as I hate how the oxy makes me feel. I can't believe people take this crap recreationally! Gross.

Geni--sorry to hear that plans have changed for you, but they're just trying to do what your body needs. They don't want to be unsuccessful or have you not able to use the band as a tool. If they recommend that you have GB instead, do that. Keep your chin up---you'll do fine!

Hope you are all having a good summer. See you soon! :smile2:

OH, and Katie---we've been going to the meetings over at the Faulkner instead of the Brigham. Parking was a nuisance at the Brigham, and more expensive, too. Also, too many newbies at that site. We have a great mix at the Faulkner. :smile:

Hey all -

I'm a newbie. Banded by Dr. Vernon on July 7th. The band hasn't "kicked in" yet, but I'm doing well with sticking to the nutrition plan.

Today was my first 'cheat' - I had about 3 bites of ice cream during an ice cream social at work. The pre-op me would have downed a full bowl and only stopped because others were there.

Since I'm not that restricted and I can eat, I have to be very careful not to overeat. It's all about learning to listen to my body.

I would love to join you all in the post-op groups. Looked on B&W and the Faulkner site and couldn't find the information. Can someone fill me in (pun intended) on when they are?