Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This thread is going to be sooo inappropriate!

OMG, I had to go to the "Poo Pourii" website. It says:

"Spritz the bowl
before
you go and no one else will ever know."

Sorry, that absolutely cracked me up. I know some people who will be getting this in their stockings this year for Christmas, and no, they have not had any type of WLS!!!

I'm reading the Duodenal Switch Forum. Why on earth would anyone do that to themselves after reading some of the stuff on there? :regular_smile:

Shit a brick.

WHY can't I stay away from junk food? BECAUSE IT TASTES SO DAMN GOOD, AND THAT'S HOW I GOT TO BE ALMOST 300 EFFING POUNDS TO BEGIN WITH.

WHEW! Sorry, I really had to get that out.

That is hilarious. That is a real actual website? unreal.

I can't even believe anyone would get that surgery. I only read one post from someone who wanted her surgery reversed because of the stink. Wouldn't you think that you would research this surgery before

getting it? Are those people crazy? I do burp a lot since banding.

I also get gas when I eat my high Fiber Cereal, but I have nailed it

down that it comes 4 hours after I eat it. Needless to say, I don't eat

it on the only day that I work all day.

Edited by Oregondaisy

I have to agree. No one's hunting down "DS Talk Forum" and bashing DSers. Here, it's been a combination of A) laughing at something that is, quite honestly, slightly amusing in a sad way (charcoal suppositories and inflating undies), and :lol: venting. Everyone deserves to be able to vent in a safe place, and this is our safe place. If we were going and invading a DS forum and posting shit for everyone to see and attacking people left and right, then I could definitely see where the outrage would be coming from, and I'd probably be just as outraged. But the fact is, that isn't happening.

I think DSers can't take a bit of their own medicine. Seen the OH band forum when they get started? They are referred to as Nazis for a reason.

This thread has been therapeutic and what the real issue is... why do we feel we need a therapeutic thread?

I didn't tell a specific person about this thread intentionally. I *knew* she would go running to the DSers to tattle. That's her style, get everyone ELSE bickering and then sit back and claim the high road while watching from the sidelines.

I love laughing and this thread makes me laugh. Right, wrong, or indifferent it makes me laugh. I'm going to continue posting links as I see them.

I think the links that were posted by the OP were from a DS board, so it sure looks like someone hunted them down. I'm all for debate but this is just catty and making fun of people who are trying to fight obesity. Not cool.

Oh my goodness, Susan! Of all people who in the world are *you* to talk about catty behaviors? Seriously, can we say projection?

Oh dont get your charcoal panties in a twist.

Everything is fine, Lapband patients made one choice, and DS patients made another. If what you read is offensive, stop reading it.

Please, save the whole 'how dare you' diatribe for a group of people that are more apt to listen. We have ALL struggled with various negatives from ALL of our surgeries. Nothing is perfect, and everyone has their own preferences.

Myself, I prefer the fact that I am turning into a health nut. I prefer the fact that I now get up and exercise everyday. In fact, if I DID happen to lose my band, I have SOLACE that I would be able to maintain, and continue losing weight because my LIFESTYLE has changed.

I LOVE this post. Excellent.

Great point about the "how dare you" diatribe. Kind of hypocritical, eh?

But I think the first sentence is priceless. ;o)

I read your blog. What else do you have to do? And, since you are so capable of changing your life and overdoing on exercising...why the hell have ANY surgery?

You live on YOUR side of 200 pounds and YOUR side of band experience and YOUR side of 30 years old...and somehow think you know more than I do. Maybe, someday, you'll know half as much.

And I don't have charcoal panties...I have VS undies on right now. Maybe someday you''ll be there, too.

Sue

More double standards, I see. You whine and stomp those feeties over anyone daring to tell the truth about stink issues but yet you attempt to slam dunk someone because they can do what you didn't? You know, your attitude is the very attitude that caused this thread to be started and the roaring laughter to continue.

Some people are fine with not continuing to eat like a heifer. Some of us prefer to exercise and eat like a normal person. If a DSer can't get a grip on food issues and they can't drag their odoriferous body out and run a few miles... maybe they should get DS. Not all of us need that extreme. We are good to go with restriction and a change of LIFESTYLE. That is something that takes determination and something I think many who get DS don't appear to have.

One can get surgery and use it as a tool to lose weight and others need to change their body so they can eat as they wish. Whatever works, right? One requires more work and lifestyles changes and the other requires ... well, mega odor eaters. I'll take the lifestyle change any 'ol day over being written up at work for stench issues or watching my bathroom wallpaper dissolve in front of my eyes. Ohhh! Then there are the complaints from family members and voting on which anti-stench product is more appealing to the nose. How many anti-odor products are on the market right now to help you folks out with that bathroom problem?

You really can't have it both ways here, darl'en. You can't throw a temper tantrum like a 3 year old whining that people are being mean to you and inappropriate and then attempt to slam dunk someone for not reaching their goal as fast as your... how many surgical years do you have under your belt now?

Either take the high road or admit you whine like a 3 y/o. But don't you dare come here and pretend that you are better than anyone else. No rational person will buy it.

Cheers.

That is hilarious. That is a real actual website? unreal.

I can't even believe anyone would get that surgery. I only read one post from someone who wanted her surgery reversed because of the stink. Wouldn't you think that you would research this surgery before

getting it? Are those people crazy? I do burp a lot since banding.

I also get gas when I eat my high Fiber Cereal, but I have nailed it

down that it comes 4 hours after I eat it. Needless to say, I don't eat

it on the only day that I work all day.

There is a reason so few docs will do DS. If you ask a DSer they claim it takes such great skill most docs don't have it. That isn't true. While it may take skill to do DS it sure doesn't take a lot of integrity. The reason the skilled docs WITH integrity don't do the procedure is because it is dangerous.

What I can't wrap my brain around is if someone does 20 minutes worth of research on DS they have to see the many many many down sides of the procedure. The stink, the mega Vitamins, the writes ups at work for being stinky, the dissolving bathroom wallpaper, drops for your toilet as to not offend the block when you "go" as well as the charcoal underdrawers, the charcoal suppositories, the fights between family members over stench, the need for more bathrooms in the house, (the list appears to be endless for this problem)... what in the hell possesses someone to actually go through with this surgery? How can one be so anti-lifestyle change that they prefer that over running a few miles daily?

I'm just sorry that some have such an inability to make positive changes in their life that they must take this route. Don't want to eat right? Have DS surgery. Don't want to change eating habits and quantity? Have DS. Don't want to exercise? Have DS. Want to eat like a cow? Have DS. Can't get a grip on food issues? Don't even try, just have DS surgery.

I'll take hard work and restrictive over stink any 'ol day.

Edited by WASaBubbleButt

Oh my goodness, Susan! Of all people who in the world are *you* to talk about catty behaviors? Seriously, can we say projection?

No but we can once again say catty and obsessed. Gee why don't you block me here like you did on OH and like you typically do to everyone who disagress with any of your verbose diatribes over there. Just like Sandy does.

No but we can once again say catty and obsessed. Gee why don't you block me here like you did on OH and like you typically do to everyone who disagress with any of your verbose diatribes over there. Just like Sandy does.

I swear you people need to get over this OH thing. Go back over there.

Susan, I blocked you on OH because you were annoying me and quite frankly, I was tired of the behaviors. Most of the people I have blocked on OH are DSers that are ... a little out there, they attack banded folks non stop, they slam dunk anyone that has a band, and they clearly have issues as well. I also have a slew of Dee's IDs blocked. More than half are actually Dee.

If you don't like it I guess you'll have to find a way to cope with it. I'm really not sure why who *I* choose to block from *my* account bothers you so much. You have complained about it here, on OH, and in PMs. Susan, it's my account, I can block anyone I wish. It's really not something you should worry yourself over.

Cheers.

I have to say that PC or not I have always cried laughing at toilet humour and this time was no different! The post by the guy in the checkout queue made me pee laughing (a side effect of having 6 kids NOT the Lapband!!)

I dont care about the DS v Lapband row, I made my choice and even though I have my ups and downs with it I am happy with the choice I made.

All of teh forms of weightloss surgery work for different people, I have always been a yoyo dieter, I CAN diet, I just couldnt stick with it, I guess for someone who has never been able to start the diet then death from a heart attack or stinky farts is really a no-brainer.

Nina x