Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This thread is going to be sooo inappropriate!

Oh dont get your charcoal panties in a twist.

Everything is fine, Lapband patients made one choice, and DS patients made another. If what you read is offensive, stop reading it.

Please, save the whole 'how dare you' diatribe for a group of people that are more apt to listen. We have ALL struggled with various negatives from ALL of our surgeries. Nothing is perfect, and everyone has their own preferences.

Myself, I prefer the fact that I am turning into a health nut. I prefer the fact that I now get up and exercise everyday. In fact, if I DID happen to lose my band, I have SOLACE that I would be able to maintain, and continue losing weight because my LIFESTYLE has changed.

Everything is fine, Lapband patients made one choice, and Duodenal switch patients made another. If what you read is offensive, stop reading it.

Please, save the whole 'how dare you' diatribe for a group of people that are more apt to listen. We have ALL struggled with various negatives from ALL of our surgeries. Nothing is perfect, and everyone has their own preferences.

Myself, I prefer the fact that I am turning into a health nut. I prefer the fact that I now get up and exercise everyday. In fact, if I DID happen to lose my band, I have SOLACE that I would be able to maintain, and continue losing weight because my LIFESTYLE has changed.

Yeah Angelica!!!!!!!!!!! Well said. I think that is what most of us lapbanders get into this for. Striving to have a much more healthy lifestyle and therefore good health in general.

Everything is fine, Lapband patients made one choice, and Duodenal switch patients made another. If what you read is offensive, stop reading it.

I read your blog. What else do you have to do? And, since you are so capable of changing your life and overdoing on exercising...why the hell have ANY surgery?

You live on YOUR side of 200 pounds and YOUR side of band experience and YOUR side of 30 years old...and somehow think you know more than I do. Maybe, someday, you'll know half as much.

And I don't have charcoal panties...I have VS undies on right now. Maybe someday you''ll be there, too.

Sue

tee hee

SUE ANGRY.

You know, the whole, fighting on the internet thing, its kinda retarded, but I will say this, Sue, I am so glad you lost the weight you needed too. I'm sorry that youre angry over your 3 years with the Lapband.

I'll make my goal weight, I dont need you to have faith in me, I have faith in myself. I dont need to be over 30 to understand what is BEST FOR ME.

Oh, by the way, thanks for reading my journal, its full of my own insights, that again, I dont need your approval or anyone elses on.

Good Luck, God Bless!!

Hearts (but no farts)

-A

RNY vs LAPBAND

This is the kind of crap the OP was talking about. In that thread somone wanted to know the pros and cons and of course lapband people and the most of th Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery'ers are pretty a target with their comments then couple Duodenal switch'ers gt on and start hollaring about how much better their surgery is and how lap bands kill people.

Its funny you can post that the lapband is safer even when the numbers prove it yet Duodenal switch'ers scream foul.:thumbup:

Everyone on these boards warn people what the band is a tool and not a magic pill. And DS'ers and revisionists claim banders keep that quiet dcause most of them either jumped into it too fast or didn't understand what their specific problem is with wait.

I didn't even click on the link. But funny you picked that one. I just met the OP in that thread at a DSer gathering in Santa Monica on Saturday! The band SURGERY is a safer SURGERY...and that accounts for, what, an hour or two of your life?

What is NOT safer about the band is that each year, more previously successful banded people become unsuccessful as complications--which come later with the band than they do with other surgeries--develop.

What is NOT safer about the band is that half of all the people who ARE banded are STILL Morbidly Obese and still dying from that disease.

So the procedure? Sure...that hour of your life, you are definitely safer getting the band. But EFFECTIVE? Not so much and the rest of your life you pay for that hour of safety.

What makes the band dangerous is that people who are dying from morbid obesity before getting banded are still dying from morbid obesity after banding...and yet, there cheerleaders keep cheering.

I got rid of my band...but I sure didn't get rid of my STOCK in what is now Allergan. There's a sucker born every minute and the more people who believe their crap, the cushier MY retirement is. LOL

Sue

tee hee

SUE ANGRY.

You know, the whole, fighting on the internet thing, its kinda retarded, but I will say this, Sue, I am so glad you lost the weight you needed too. I'm sorry that youre angry over your 3 years with the Lapband....

Hearts (but no farts)

-A

I'm not angry about my time being banded. I'm a little miffed at Allergan, because it lies and cons desperate fat women into making them rich. But I'm not mad enough to sell my stock! LOL

GS, you can step off with all the comments about how we're all still dying from MO. I may still be MO, but my journey isn't finished yet. And since I was diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol during my pre-op testing, my doc wanted to wait and see what happened after my surgery before he started me on any meds. Turns out, I haven't needed the meds because since the surgery, I eat a lot healthier.

Health is NOT only measured by weight, and whether someone is obese or morbidly obese. You can take your blanket statements about that and shove them up your darkside.

I got rid of my band...but I sure didn't get rid of my STOCK in what is now Allergan. There's a sucker born every minute and the more people who believe their crap, the cushier MY retirement is. LOL

Sue

:thumbup: Wow. I feel bad that you have such strong anger towards the LapBand/Allegan and the people here on LBT. I never thought of myself as sucker.

I am being banded on April 10th. I am a Registered Nurse who happens to work in OR. I've also worked in ICU and ER before now. I have chosen the Band based on a lot of research and my personal experiences as a nurse to patients who've had RNY and DS. I can tell you truthfully, there are a lot of bad things to come those surgeries. Things go very well in the beginning, but the human body will take drastic measures to sustain life. I am not here to argue with you. I am here to get support, learn and share my experience. It's good to see both sides of the coin, but some people take it too far and become nasty.

My doctor does more RNY surgeries than any other type of WLS. He says it's because MOST people are not GOOD CANDIDATES for the LapBand. It requires discipline! You MUST change you lifestyle or it will NOT WORK! The other surgeries allow you to 'cheat' and still lose weight. But there is a price for any of these things we are doing to our bodies. No surgery? Stay Morbidly Obese. Surgery? There are possibilities of (LapBand related) productice burp, erosion, slippage,(RNY and DS related) malnutrition, hairloss, osetoporsis, losing teeth, liver problems, foul smelling odor, dumping syndrome, infertility, and God forbid...gaining the weight back (any of the surgeries)!

There are no surgeries as of yet that don't come with some kind of price. You made a decision for YOU and what YOU could handle...leave it at that. No need for nastiness. I'm sure you have some words of wisdom about life with a Band, but just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean you should discourage others in their Quest.

I didn't even click on the link. But funny you picked that one. I just met the OP in that thread at a DSer gathering in Santa Monica on Saturday! The band SURGERY is a safer SURGERY...and that accounts for, what, an hour or two of your life?

What is NOT safer about the band is that each year, more previously successful banded people become unsuccessful as complications--which come later with the band than they do with other surgeries--develop.

What is NOT safer about the band is that half of all the people who ARE banded are STILL Morbidly Obese and still dying from that disease.

So the procedure? Sure...that hour of your life, you are definitely safer getting the band. But EFFECTIVE? Not so much and the rest of your life you pay for that hour of safety.

What makes the band dangerous is that people who are dying from morbid obesity before getting banded are still dying from morbid obesity after banding...and yet, there cheerleaders keep cheering.

Sue

Apparently you don't read numbers but thats ok. I can also post the 50 threads I found from Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery and Duodenal switch'es wondering if they can get revised to get a lapband too. So its not only lapbanders that don't finish.

As for the smell thing that this forum was about? About 90% of the Duodenal switch'ers posting about how they don't stink always seem to follow up at the end with "When I do stink I (insert gross remedy for bad smelly person here)"......

Not saying they all stink but its definitly a problem and definitly is wide spread.

Last thing, your proving the OP right. You look at the banders on OH and most of them try to give honest opinions, while a majority of the Duodenal switch'er just start spewing hate for all surgerys. Just like here I said the band is safer and healthier, yes in the short run and long run it is.

The only thing most of us have against Duodenal switch'ers is their attitude, which you're clearly showing now. Oh and thanks for investing in a company that helps other people. I try to do the same when I buy stocks.

Apparently we all see why the lapband didn't work for you and why you chose a riskier more life altering method, it cuase you don't have a work ethic and blame everyone for your own faults and try to lie yourself into makeing bad choices.

Grats on losing weight, hope you gain back some self dignity you lost on your way.

Edited by snuffy65

HEy Sue, sorry you couldn't hack it with your band. I suppose I would be bitter too if I did not have the dicipline to handle it. Hopefully your DS doesn't fail you down the road either.