Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you name 1, or 2 things you would love to do once you reach your goal?

1- I want to go into a shoe store (ALDO, preferrably) and buy a really sexy pair of peep toe stillettos and never again have to settle for whatever comes in a wide width. 2- I want to go on a tropical vacation with my husband and son and feel comfortable in an unfamiliar place for the first time instead of worrying about who is staring at me...

I want to tie my shoes on the top, not the side.

I want to build a sandcastle with my kids and not tell them "no, not right now" because I don't want to be embarrassed trying to get back up from the sand.

I want to buy clothes because they are cute, not because they hide me

I want to hug my husband and be able to melt into him, not just feel like I am smooshing my tummy into him

i love this thread!!!!! everyone should respond, it is gut wrenching, fantastic, sad, and truely inspiring!!!

I want to be able to buy cute little t shirts to wear with jeans, instead of long ones....... I want to be able to take my 2 1/2yr old son to the waterpark and let him have fun, instead of saying "maybe next year" because I'm too self conscious to put on a bathing suit in front of everyone. I want to have my sex life back and feel comfortable in front of my husband naked!!

I can't wait to get banded so I can start living life!!!!

Get back into riding motorcycles, take my 4 yr old granddaughter to the zoo, the fair, etc... without getting winded, take my dog to the dog park to play, be more social and spontaneous, work in my yard and not be embaressed to wear shorts & tank top in the front yard! buy new clothes....the things I would feel more comfortable doing w/o this xtra 100+ lbs...the list would be endless!! LOL

Geez, this is a wonderful topic to discuss. Kudos for thinking of it.

I want to ride a rollercoaster again (though I dont think I'll be waiting for my ideal weight to do that). I want to take up jogging. I want to ride a horse along the beach in Cozumel with my mom and sister. There's a million things that I don't/can't do because of my weight. I want to spend all day at Disney World and not feel exhausted by the end of it. I want to take up Tennis. I want to borrow clothes from my little sister and actually be able to fit into them!! I want to shop at a normal people clothing store.

I'm getting so excited just thinking about it!! (SQUEE):crying:

I'm only just starting my journey, but, assuming I get accepted and have it done, there's no limit to what I want to do.

I want to take dancing lessons. I want to travel. I want to buy clothes I actually like, in colors other than black, instead of just what hides me sufficiently. I want to wear a bathing suit in public - which I've never done. I want to turn heads. I want to go to my next hs reunion instead of skipping it again. I want to not be the "jolly fat girl' of the group anymore. I want to be one of the "pretty girls" instead of just the one with the "pretty face". I want to be healthier like my beloved grandfather (rip) wanted me to be. I want my parents and my granmother to not worry about my health anymore.

The list just goes on.

I want to wear tank tops and look good in them. I want to be able to go swimming anywhere and anytime. And my ultimate dream is to run the boston marathon.

I want to get dressed up and hear my husband say what he used to say "Dang you are sexy" instead of what he says now...a really bland "You look nice".

Guest Leslie2Lose

I will cross my legs, I will wear skirts again (that don't go to my ankles), I will to SHRED my Lane Bryant card (hell - lets burn it too). I will play with my kids - peroid. I will be able to truly hug my kids and the'll wrap their arms aorund me. I will be SMALLER than my husband (for once in our marriage and as long as he has known me). I will be beautiful - not only on the outside, but in.

I will not be the FAT mommy any more. I will not be so tired all of the time. I will not give up!

Wow I make lists like this all the time to inspire myself to loose weight and this is the first time I truly actually feel like theses things will happen.(I'm in the beginning stages and ahven't had my surgery yet)

-I want to fly without feeling uncomfortable and travel all over.

-I want to go horseback riding again

-I want to buy a wedding dress I love when I get married not just one that covers my fatty arms and fits

-I want to shop wherever I want to for things besides accessories

-I want to live a long life

-I want to not constantly just think of all the things I would do if I was thin but actually truly do them and make a difference in this world!

My hope for all of us is that we can remember this list when we are faced with temptation and that we can work our butts off to get to our goals!!!

Go Us!!!!!!!

I want to get dressed up and hear my husband say what he used to say "Dang you are sexy" instead of what he says now...a really bland "You look nice".

Amen sister!!!! I also can't wait to buy sexy lingerie...not xxl cotton briefs

(granted they are from Gap) but something that can't be mistaken for one of my toddler's shirts when sitting on the bathroom floor :wub:

I can't wait to not feel dread while walking through the mall and seeing my reflection on the all store windows....

1. Keep up with my husband and friends while mountain Biking, hiking, walking etc
  2. Walk on the beach in Hawaii without feeling like everyone is staring at me
  3. get a hot get up and do some pole dancing!

I want to see sky between my thighs! 10 years ago, I could do this!!

I want to be able to squat down to the ground AND get back up again without struggling.

Wear shorts in PUBLIC.

My family went on vacation to the beach last summer ad while I had settled on the fact that I was probably the biggest person on the beach, I was just having fum watching my husband (who is very fit) and my 6 year old little boy play.

We went to the go-kart track one evening and they were so excited for us ALL to get to ride. I could not ride because the seat belt would not fit and for the first time I saw how my weight was not only affecting me, but my family was suffering. I could see in my little boy's eyes the disappointment and embarressmant.

More than anything I look forward to just Riding the Go-Karts!