Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Shawna -- WOW, what a difference! You go girl!

Maybe this will be the fill that helps you. My MD wasn't pushing for fills because I was still losing weight but I told him that starving after 2 hours just wasn't acceptable because I was having to survive on willpower. I've done a lot better with it than I thought I would but I think that's just because I have been so excited about finally losing weight. It literally has been about 4 years since I have been able to lose weight....&*#@ PCOS! :)

I still haven't decided if this is it, as far as fills go, for me or not. I think I am there but it's really hard to tell because I'm not sure if I'm still swollen or not.

eggs ... gotta love 'em. About the only way I can eat them is if DH makes them because he adds milk or something that makes them supermoist. Otherwise, they ain't going down!

Good to hear from you girl! Keep up that Water -- we certainly need the extra hydration around here! :biggrin2:

Di -- We must have posted at the same time! I know what you mean about burning the candle. Whew! I'm ready for it to slow down around here. Quite unusual for me, though, I use the exercise to help me de-stress. It's pretty funny because now when I get mad, I want to go run. At least you haven't gained during all this! Way to go! :)

Di -- We must have posted at the same time! I know what you mean about burning the candle. Whew! I'm ready for it to slow down around here. Quite unusual for me, though, I use the exercise to help me de-stress. It's pretty funny because now when I get mad, I want to go run. At least you haven't gained during all this! Way to go! :wub:

Well, I weighed this morning and I lost two pounds overnight!! I know exactly what it is, too. My husband has been out of town since Sunday, so I'm NOT eating too late at night. He's just going to have to get used to eating by himself :thumbup:.

Hi All just wanted to tell you my first embarrassing PB experience... Well yesterday we went to Spring Valley Beach and were having a great time. We decided it was time for lunch. Well I brought some chicken fingers because my mom was insistant on having sandwiches and for me bread is something I have to be very careful eating. WELL. I ate about half of my chicken finger (which were cold - which probably was part of the problem) and noticed it was getting stuck:scared2:. I tried to burp (I know its gross - but sometimes that will ease things through), well nothing. My husband has learned the "Oh crap" look on my face :blink:and is staring at me. I am thinking there is no way I am purging in a garbage can in public and the restrooms were WAYY to far. So I sat there for another minute trying to will it down and then I felt the urge to cough and when I did out it popped with all the slime:drool:... I grabbed a plastic bag to cover my face and then a towel. I immediately put my plate in the trash can and appoligized to everyone. But I dont think the kids really noticed thank goodness. Cuz they kept on eating...LOL. The worst part was my mom was there and I want her to get this surgery sooo bad. I want her to know that its really not that bad, but I am sure that this was another reason for her not to get it...

Oh well just thought I would share with those who werent there to witness it....lol:biggrin:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

=)

Shawna

fordgal88, sounds like your springvally trip wasnt that great. sorry you had that happen. maybe your mom will look past that and see its worth it.

im still counting the days down to get mine. aug 26 is getting closer.

did any of you come to the support meeting. i didnt get to talk to many but i did talk to james. he so funny. i also got me some smoothies they sale there to start dring to get ready for the band.

Oh Shawna you poor thing. I was at work when I had my first one and it was MAJOR!! I thought I would be ok as long as I had my door closed but gosh I never imagined that kind of pain!! Then after about 3 pb's .... it became full blown puking. I felt terrible for about 12 hours. I haven't have the least bit of restriction since then. I'm worried that it my have slipped? Gosh I hope not but I should have 5cc's in a 10cc band now and was feeling restriction before that happened (OBVIOUSLY haha) I got back 7/31 for my third fill. I hope to get back on track then. I haven't gained any.. thank God but I am hungry alot sooner since that episode.

Jason - I didn't go to the support meeting. I would love to but it's a 2 hour drive from here and gas is killing us already.

Di- Congrats on the 2 more pounds!! I look forward to seeing the scale move again myself. We missed like 4 days in the gym and finally made it back today so hopefully it'll show up in the morning.

As far as eggs, they are hard for me too! They just seem to heavy... or they did before the PB episode. Haven't tried them since then but the way I seem to feel now, they wouldn't bother me :ohmy:

Missy I have PCOS too! Just finished a round of provera and THAT kicks in my raging fits! I could have shot a red light out the other day... it was like the 3rd one in a row that stopped me... and it almost set me over the edge haha. Can you tell any positive effects of the PCOS since the recent weight loss?

i called naomi and i have a band date of sept 9. i have to see the nutritionist first. Question: Naomi did not mention a pre-op diet will i get this info from he nutritionist? how is dr. schmitt's pre-o diet structure?

OMG Shawna!

I didn't know you were on here??? I got rid of my myspace account. I am a patient of Dr. Miles and I am waiting on my surgery date. I have to finish up my sleep study and then my EGD. I am getting excited! Message me back if you can!

April

Hey you!

I called Naomi like you said and she was rude. I don't know if it was because I sent her emails first or not. I have to have the EGD and the nutrition class. I am finishing up my 2nd half of the sleep study on Thursday the 31st. I am hoping to get my date soon!

Hey April!!!

Yep I have been on here for a while. I was banded on May 6. Small world huh?? I hated the sleep study, I had soooo much trouble with it because of a stupid defective cpap machine. Give me a call sometime my number is still listed. Otherwise ever thing else is so far so good. I just had my 2nd fill last monday (June 21). I could really see a difference for the first few days. I still have good restriction but I think the next one might be it. I have noticed that I am not as hungry and I do get full a lot faster.

How is everyone else doing? I missed the meeting last week because of our "staycation" but hopefully there will be no problem making the next one.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Shawna

Oh we are doing great! Finally was able to move out of Center Point back out in Warrior. I am getting SO excited. I told Joe and Jim that this is going to be a new "lease" on life for me. I have been big my whole life and I was tired of it! I am going to do this for me and no one else!

Let me ask you something....what all do you eat? Like fruits and veggies? Do you eat any sugar?

i called naomi and i have a band date of sept 9. i have to see the nutritionist first. Question: Naomi did not mention a pre-op diet will i get this info from he nutritionist? how is dr. schmitt's pre-o diet structure?

Congrats on having a date!!!! It'll be here before you know it. Dr. Miles was my surgeon but I assume they have the same preop instructions. The only requirement I had was 24hrs of liquids... nothing after midnight...( I think) I know there was no 2 week restrictions etc.

Keep us up to date!!

Grace: Thanks for the info. I really was confused after i got off of the phone with naomi. she was going so fast and not giving much detail. I do have a pre-op visit three days before surgery. Also she said that she would call me back with the date for the nutritionist visit-is that how it works?

Alabamagirl: I am so sorry that u r having a hard time getting more info. especially after having been approved for several months now. I think that the office (miles and schmitt) may be getting too busy for them to handle, but that still is no reason to be treated rudely or made to feel like you are inconveniencing them! Sometimes even the lil receptionist is rude and dry. Girl, I am a go getterby nature -this is my life not some joke! If u push me then i'll push u back (very professionally of course :thumbup:) I wonder if there is a suggestion box in the office....Maybe the next time u speak to someone who is being rude to u in the office drop this line "my ins. will pay for this surgery at this center because it has been deemed a Center of Excellence, however my treatment at this point has been less than excellent. Perhaps if I file a grievance with my ins. co. concerning this office I may be taken a little more seriously. But I don't want to have to get to that point because it would be unfair to the surgeons here and their professional reputations. So we need to figure out a solution that will be beneficial to all...(very professionally of course:sneaky:)

Oh we are doing great! Finally was able to move out of Center Point back out in Warrior. I am getting SO excited. I told Joe and Jim that this is going to be a new "lease" on life for me. I have been big my whole life and I was tired of it! I am going to do this for me and no one else!

Let me ask you something....what all do you eat? Like fruits and veggies? Do you eat any sugar?

We are still in the same place, we did buy the house next door (the one before you get to ours) and we are renting it out (its only 2 BR. and 1 BA). I like it out here. I love the schools and everyone is so easy to get to know.

You have to do it for yourself. I decided to do it, because I didnt want to end up like my mother. I wanted to be sure to be around (minus the chance of getting hit by a truck) to enjoy my kids and grandkids (Tyler and Kaytlyn are 17 now....UGH!).

On a typical day this is what I eat -

BFast - Fiber One Yogurt (After you get some restriction this will really fill you up)

lunch - Usually a small microwavable ravioli or smart one or salad

dinner - whatever I make for the family (Which sometimes I will take for lunch the next day - it is funny how much I like leftovers)

I do not drink any sodas at all. I know that they are evil and probably were a big reason I ended up here to begin with. I try to drink at least 48oz of plain Water a day (no crystal light - just water) I take 3 bottles to work with me and poor little bits at a time in a cup and drink it that way - I dont know why but it just seems easier that way. After that I allow myself either artificially sweetened Kool-Aid or 1 Vitamin Water (I LOVE THAT STUFF). I do have a small serving of ice cream or maybe a bite of something sweet every once in a while - I believe that this is a change but I am making changes that I know I can live with. If I said I am not going to have sugar then I know that is all I would want. I am trying to be realistic.

I know my biggest problem was Portion Control. I grew up in one of those you have to clean your plate households. So now I eat off of a dessert plate. It really works! The hardest thing is not drinking with meals. I am doing a lot better with that. I just dont fix a drink when I eat any more.

Hope that helps a little.... Glad to see you here!

=)

Shawna

OH that helps a lot! A girl I work with is going Thursday night to the seminar. I have to be there for the 2nd part of my sleep study so I am going to take her to the seminar then go to the sleep lab. I am getting excited now. I just hope after getting this taken care of I can finally get a surgery date!