Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

ok this is making me very mad! i have been approve for almost 2 weeks and nothing from dr.miles office. i have called everyday they been open(except when neomie was not there). and nothing. i told them today i need to talk to her or someone that knows what to do next. shes always with another patient. i think they need to get another person to help out with this part. oh, and i also email her 3 times.

Gosh Jason, you have more patience than I do.. I would be sitting in that waiting room waiting to schedule if I couldn't get a response any other way. I know they are very busy but DANG!! After having to wait 6 months and meet all the requirements... it's got to be very disgusting to be put off like that. I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I hope you hear something soon. Keep us updated!!

Jason, I had the same experience with Neomie. You just have to be persistent but patient with her. Kill her with kindness! Before you know it, it will all be over.

Missy, I had my first fill yesterday! What time were you there?? I got there about 1:45 and then on to Ashley for my one on one and I was out of there by 3:00! Anyone that asks for a numbing shot is just a big old baby, it was nothing. Anyway, she only gave me 2cc's in my Realize band since I seem to have some kind of restriction already. I can't tell any difference yet, but I haven't eaten anything solid yet. We shall see.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first weekend of no physical restrictions. I was in the pool from Friday morning until Sunday night, with a few breaks for thunderstorms. I'm so sore from swimming like mad. Swam again yesterday morning before work, which I love to do.

Shawna, I know what you mean about eating on the go. I've started carrying a Wal-Mart bag around, with things I can eat. As far as BCBS claims, they paid Schmitt first and then the hospital, just paid the anesthesia yesterday and I'll owe some on that, owe Dr. Schmitt's office $153.00. Hopefully, that's it!

I wish some of you girls would come to the support group meeting. I think it really helps. Last one was my first since surgery and I can't tell you how it made me feel to have those not yet banded ask ME questions. This month's (19th), we're meeting first in the room where we had nutritional class at 10:00 before going over to the room with all the "non-banded".

Good to hear from everybody!!

Gosh Jason, you have more patience than I do.. I would be sitting in that waiting room waiting to schedule if I couldn't get a response any other way. I know they are very busy but DANG!! After having to wait 6 months and meet all the requirements... it's got to be very disgusting to be put off like that. I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I hope you hear something soon. Keep us updated!!

i try to be savedbygrace. and try 1 year, i wish it was only 6 months. its been along road and im ready to come to the end of this one and start the road of losing, weight that is.

:thumbup:but on a great note. i got of hold of here this morning. and she gave me a surgery date. can we say 8-26-08. im so happy, and my wife is to. that is the first opening dr.miles has. i have waited this long i can wait another month and a half.im sure it will go by fast. so now i just got to set up my nutrition class today.:biggrin:

i try to be savedbygrace. and try 1 year, i wish it was only 6 months. its been along road and im ready to come to the end of this one and start the road of losing, weight that is.

:thumbup:but on a great note. i got of hold of here this morning. and she gave me a surgery date. can we say 8-26-08. im so happy, and my wife is to. that is the first opening dr.miles has. i have waited this long i can wait another month and a half.im sure it will go by fast. so now i just got to set up my nutrition class today.:biggrin:

Congrats Jason! I know you're excited and the time will fly like you can't imagine.

yes im very excited. now at the support group when they ask if anyone has a surgery date i can say YES!

Di,

I also was at the doctor's office at 1:45... but in Dr. Touliato's office! :smile: (I hijacked the Schmitt and Miles thread a long time ago!)

This will be my 3rd fill but still really nothing. I can still eat more than a cup of food at a sitting and I am STARVING... like stomach growling/burning hungry after just 2 hours. I know some of it has to do with the exercise I have been doing as I can tell it has jumpstarted my metabolism but I have been making it on willpower and I'm just scared it won't last forever. I find I am starting to crave some of the things that I used to eat that aren't necessarily the best choices. I have only craved them, though, and not actually followed through, thank goodness. :scared2:

BTW, way to go on the scheduled date, Jason!

Di,

I also was at the doctor's office at 1:45... but in Dr. Touliato's office! :smile: (I hijacked the Schmitt and Miles thread a long time ago!)

This will be my 3rd fill but still really nothing. I can still eat more than a cup of food at a sitting and I am STARVING... like stomach growling/burning hungry after just 2 hours. I know some of it has to do with the exercise I have been doing as I can tell it has jumpstarted my metabolism but I have been making it on willpower and I'm just scared it won't last forever. I find I am starting to crave some of the things that I used to eat that aren't necessarily the best choices. I have only craved them, though, and not actually followed through, thank goodness. :scared2:

That's right, I forgot you were a stowaway!!

You know, I could probably eat more than I do, but I don't. I eat portions I'm supposed to be eating. And I have eaten some pretty good stuff, even have wine with dinner on the weekends and I'm still losing weight. I stay under 1000 calories pretty much, but Portion Control is the real thing. And exercise. I know (as in hope) with more fills, the danger of easing back in to overeating will be impossible. Keeping a food diary keeps me honest with calories/fat/carbs/protein. That has always worked for me, but this time I'm not stopping.

Count me in as a stowaway too!! This is by far the most active topic and it is so great to read all the posts!! I do have a daughter who lives in Birmingham and I have told her about the great responses to this topic, I am hoping that she will begin to think about lap band. I have just had my first office visit at another doctor's office that is closer to where I live - but reading all these great posts makes me want to switch docs, but it also really inspires me too!

I wish you all continued success and look forward to reading this topic daily!

Smiles,

Patricia

Count me in as a stowaway too!! This is by far the most active topic and it is so great to read all the posts!! I do have a daughter who lives in Birmingham and I have told her about the great responses to this topic, I am hoping that she will begin to think about lap band. I have just had my first office visit at another doctor's office that is closer to where I live - but reading all these great posts makes me want to switch docs, but it also really inspires me too!

I wish you all continued success and look forward to reading this topic daily!

Smiles,

Patricia

You know, you don't have to be a patient of Dr. Miles/Schmitt to attend the support group meeting at St. Vincent's East, third Saturday of every month, 10:30. You might want to bring your daughter, too!

Oh my gosh Di4ua, that is wonderful news, thank you so much for the info!!!!!

I would also get to meet some of you and I would love that!!

Thanks again!

Patricia

You know, you don't have to be a patient of Dr. Miles/Schmitt to attend the support group meeting at St. Vincent's East, third Saturday of every month, 10:30. You might want to bring your daughter, too!

Well bandsters.. today was the day.. actually less than 10 mins ago.

I've officially had my first pb and let me tell you.. IT HURTS!

Actually the pb part feels like relief. The pain and after is

undescribable!

As I sit here and type this.. I've thrown up 2 more times... Take my

advice and CHEW CHEW CHEW!!

HAHA I've never quoted my own comment...

But make that about 5 times now..... Not just PB'ing.. THROWING UP!!

Well bandsters.. today was the day.. actually less than 10 mins ago.

I've officially had my first pb and let me tell you.. IT HURTS!

Actually the pb part feels like relief. The pain and after is

undescribable!

Ewwwww!!!! I am so NOT looking forward to this happening. I chew pretty darn good, I think it's eating too fast that will get me. I eat slowly, until I'm distracted, I've noticed. I need to work on that. If I eat within an hour or so of going to bed, when I lie down, well really half sitting up reading, I have pain, that feels like I just had surgery again. I always wonder if that's the same feeling. But, when I lie down on my side or stomach, it doesn't hurt. I've been thinking it's gas, but I'm not so sure anymore. Anybody else have this?

Grace... I feel for you and I feel for myself as well-- I've got lots coming my way when I get banded. Keep the real people info coming our way, we love it!:thumbup: