Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

hey everyone, tomorrows the big day! I am very excited, but not so excited about the Miralax, lol. Just wanted to drop by. hope to see everyone at the july meeting.

congrats!!! and best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!:):thumbup::)

Hi all, i really hope someone will read this. I was banded yesterday and cant drink more than 1ounce at a time. I get hiccups, and feel like i will vomit. i prpbably have has 6 or 7 ounces today and its 2pm. i dont know what to do, is this normal? thanks

Hi all, i really hope someone will read this. I was banded yesterday and cant drink more than 1ounce at a time. I get hiccups, and feel like i will vomit. i prpbably have has 6 or 7 ounces today and its 2pm. i dont know what to do, is this normal? thanks

Were you able to hold down your liquids yesterday at the hospital? If so you are probably ok, just restricted from surgery swelling. I had similar problems my first full day but am much better today (day 4). Just drink what you can SLOWLY as you adjust to your new stomach. If it isn't better tomorrow call the doctor.

Hi again. I have a Protein Shake question...where you able to get in all your Protein during full liquids? Today was my first full liquid day and I just got down 1 shake. Thanks!

Did you just have surgery or just get a fill? I think or it sounds like you just had surgery.

After my surgery there were SEVERAL days where I could drink VERY little your stomach swells alot due to the band "foreign object" being on it. So give it some time and it may feel like you have a lot of pressure there, thats normal too.

Good luck!!!

Edited by kaninag

I had that big fill Thursday and have been doing ok with it but it's just weird. I fixed fish Friday night and I couldn't eat it. Wasn't because it wouldn't go down...wasn't because I couldn't eat...was because it tasted terrible. I baked it the way I always do but yuck! So we did the bbq thing yesterday, hamburgers, ribs, chicken....tried a hamburger but it didn't taste good either. The chicken was great. Weird isn't it how some things taste good and some don't?

thanks for the advice, yes i was banded 3 days ago and it is finally going ok. I still can't take in more than 2-3 oz an hour, but im pushing on. hope everyone had a great weekend

sorry everyone but my net was down. but its working again.

and for the ladies having problems drinking. its ok. just din't push the liquiid down so soon. yes you need to drink as much as you can, but you got to give it time to heal.

you will see a big improvement over the next few days trust me. and im so happy to see that ya'll are doing great. keep up the work!

debbut, i know where you are coming from. it happens to most of us. the things we liked pre banded sometimes don't taste good anymore. i have tried many new things that i didnt like before and now i do like them. it is so weird.

on a side note. i almost made my goal for the trip this week. im down to 304 and i was wanting to be down to 299. but im feeling better anyways.

Hi all. Just checking in....I got my staples out today and am down 14 pounds in two weeks (one week preop and one week postop).

Debbut-how are you doing since your fill?

Readyforchange-how is your liquid consumption going?

Anyone ever hear from Venzwife?

I hope you all had a good fourth!

on a side note. i almost made my goal for the trip this week. im down to 304 and i was wanting to be down to 299. but im feeling better anyways.

Great Jason. That is very good.

On another note, I won't be able to make it to the meet and greet. I don't know if you read any of the other threads but I am going through a very rough time right now. There is no way I can sit in a car for that long. I have trouble with the 20 min. to work. If you need info just go to the posting just to post thread. I really wanted to come so I could meet everyone. I hope that there is a large turn out.

Thanks Jason.

Hi all. Just checking in....I got my staples out today and am down 14 pounds in two weeks (one week preop and one week postop).

Debbut-how are you doing since your fill?

Readyforchange-how is your liquid consumption going?

Anyone ever hear from Venzwife?

I hope you all had a good fourth!

getting the staples out is a great feeling. im glad to see you arte doing great. and 14 pounds wow thats great!

Great Jason. That is very good.

On another note, I won't be able to make it to the meet and greet. I don't know if you read any of the other threads but I am going through a very rough time right now. There is no way I can sit in a car for that long. I have trouble with the 20 min. to work. If you need info just go to the posting just to post thread. I really wanted to come so I could meet everyone. I hope that there is a large turn out.

Thanks Jason.

im sorry you want be able to be there. i will make sure they are alot of pictures took.

is everything ok? i hope you get better soon.

Just checking in and seeing how everyone is doing? Everyone planning on attending support group next week? I will be there! I sure do miss it. Of course now that weight loss is getting a lot slower, I need all of the help I can get. haha!

Hope everyone is well!

=)

Shawna

Hey everybody! Just wanted to de-lurk :tongue_smilie:) and say that I really enjoy reading about everyone's esperiences. I have my 3rd required dr visit next week (BCBS Plan) and will also have my consult with Dr. Miles next week. Did anyone else here find it helpful to 'lurk' pre-op? Reading all this ahead has really given me peace of mind about my personal journey and helped to gradually prepare me mentally.

Hey everybody! Just wanted to de-lurk :confused:) and say that I really enjoy reading about everyone's esperiences. I have my 3rd required dr visit next week (BCBS Plan) and will also have my consult with Dr. Miles next week. Did anyone else here find it helpful to 'lurk' pre-op? Reading all this ahead has really given me peace of mind about my personal journey and helped to gradually prepare me mentally.

Bama this site has helped me also. It keeps my mind off food in the evening and it has contributed to my weightloss.

I needed extra piece of mind so i let my wife be the guinnie pig a have surgery 5 months before i did so i could see first hand what to expect lol.

best of wishes.

Greg

Hi all just checking in. I had my staples removed and it feels so good!! I still have a long way to go, im drinking 45-55 oz a day now. I also have lost as of today 20.7 pounds. I can't wait until i start "soft" foods next thursday. Right now I can eat about a teaspoon or two of pudding and i ma stuffed! I came out of surgery with restriction, and had to be put on steroids to get down Water. Has this happened to any one else? thanks