Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spread Sheet for Tracking April Avengers 08

Wow! Everyone has done so well! Don, I'm glad you said something about the exercise. I'm wondering if that's happening to me. I'm literally working my booty off at least 5 days a week. I'm running, lifting weights, and yoga one day a week. I'm eating a very healthy balanced diet and with all the exercise you'd think I'd be loosing, right? WRONG!!! I gained 1.5 pounds last week. I know muscle weighs more, blah blah! I've been in the same plateau for a couple of months; however I am toning up quite nicely and loosing inches. I don't know if I just need to work through and keep going or what. Maybe I should back off a little? Any advice?

Don,

Yes, that is WONDERFUL! You have this band thing down to a science. I have trouble eating many foods a lot of the time. It seems finding that right fill to hit your sweet spot is very hard. I am trying to decide if I need a bit of an unfill. I have 2.0 cc in a 4 cc band. I did better at the 1.6 level I think. I walk 4 miles 3 x week. Now that the weather (kansas) will be getting cooler, I will join a gym so I can circuit train. I see you do that so maybe I will see the pounds start to fall off as well!!! Keep up the wonderful job.

Gina ;0)

Gina, What is leading you to question if you need an unfill? There is a very fine line between being just right and big trouble. I just went thru that. With my band at 7.5cc I was throwing up after eating about 3 times a week (TMI.. Sorry). Removing just .5cc completely eliminated that and put me back on course.

Wow! Everyone has done so well! Don, I'm glad you said something about the exercise. I'm wondering if that's happening to me. I'm literally working my booty off at least 5 days a week. I'm running, lifting weights, and yoga one day a week. I'm eating a very healthy balanced diet and with all the exercise you'd think I'd be loosing, right? WRONG!!! I gained 1.5 pounds last week. I know muscle weighs more, blah blah! I've been in the same plateau for a couple of months; however I am toning up quite nicely and loosing inches. I don't know if I just need to work through and keep going or what. Maybe I should back off a little? Any advice?

Bea,

How intense are you working out? I was going too hard and not losing at a rate I was happy with. My recommendation is to watch your pulse as you work out and keep it in the 65-75% of maximum range. The formula for max heart rate is 220 minus your age. Another strategy is to throw your routine a curve ball and change it up.

Don,

I am having some issues with throwing up frequently. However, the past 10 days were pretty good until yesterday and yesterday anything I put into my mouth came back up. I have now correlated this to TOM. A week before and during I obviously get alot of swelling inside and this is causing it. It was very nice to have some "normalacy" for a couple of weeks. I also lost 5 lbs. in that time so I know that when I am able to eat my body doesn't think it is starving and holding on to that FAT! I am only going to eat Clear liquids for a couple of days and see if that helps. These bands seem to be very fickle.

Talk later, Don!

Gina

Don,

I am having some issues with throwing up frequently. However, the past 10 days were pretty good until yesterday and yesterday anything I put into my mouth came back up. I have now correlated this to TOM. A week before and during I obviously get alot of swelling inside and this is causing it. It was very nice to have some "normalacy" for a couple of weeks. I also lost 5 lbs. in that time so I know that when I am able to eat my body doesn't think it is starving and holding on to that FAT! I am only going to eat Clear Liquids for a couple of days and see if that helps. These bands seem to be very fickle.

Talk later, Don!

Gina

Yup.. the band can be fickle (but I think its better than being re-plumbed with a RNY). Just a very slight change in fill can make a significant difference. A half cc made a huge difference for me between throwing up and being just fine. It does sound like you may be on that fuzzy edge between too full and just right. Taking a small amount out might be the ticket. Id like about half of my half cc back... :w00t:

I try to stay away from sugar, without denying myself completely of sweets. I also work out about 3 times a week on the ellipitical at work for 30 minutes. Drink lots of Water as well!

I think the rate you lose kind of coorelates with how much you need to lose. If you study the spreadsheet you'll notice most of us who were the heaviest before surgery, have taken it off quicker. I am only 5' 2'' and was 278lbs. before I began my preop diet. I lost 21 lbs. before surgery, which I felt was a lot of weight to lose in just 10 days. I'm sure most of it was probably Water weight.

However, I do know for a fact that the amount of lean muscle an individual has, the faster their body will burn the fat off. This is why men tend to lose weight faster than women. Most of my weight is around my abdomen, but my legs have always been very muscular (like body builder legs, literally). Also, studies have shown that people who carry the majority of their weight on their abdomens have an easier time shedding the weight. Everyone loses weight differently, so I think my success has been due to my own geniune physical makeup more than anything. Still it seems we've each been successful in our weight loss no matter at what rate we're losing it.

Edited by asingingdiva

Time for my 6 month post op update:

I am now under 200 lbs.!

My current weight as of today is 192lbs. for a total loss of 86 lbs. so far.

Please add to our spreadsheet, Thanks!

I found out that I made a boo boo on my weight. My beginning weight was 271 and I went for 6 month post op and I am 211 with a lost of -60. Please update me :thumbup:

Please update me. I have been trying for 3 months to get my weights in. It just won't work. My October weight for 6 months out is 174. Total lost is 66 Lbs. Thank you so much, Vikki

I must be an idiot because I have never even seen the spreadsheet to add my numbers in. I am a slow loser but keeping at it. Having had 4 fills and 5.5 cc's in my 10 cc band, I have finally gotten some restriction for the first time so I am excited to get moving along. Congratulations to all of you, I am so jealous but know in the end, I will get where I want to be. I am getting married Oct 3, 2009 and REALLY want to be a size 9....

Happy 7th month Bandiversiry everyone.... Its been a challenging month. Im one pound away from Goal #2 and the 'century mark'. Maybe next month...

I still cant add the data so hopefully Gina will come thru again and add it to the spreadsheet... Thanks..

Nov 3 281/-99 T minus 31 and counting to final goal.

I wonder if the cold weather makes your body 'change' and start protecting fat or Fluid?

Edited by dsk

Wow Don!! You are doing so awesome! I know you feel great!! And the weather probably does affect our bodies somewhat.

GiGi - please update me for October if you don't mind. 198.5 / -48

Hello, All,

I got everyone updated! Great Job. YVONNEB3....I would be glad to add you to the spread sheet if you want me too.

Hope all it well with each and every one of you!

Gina