Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

please no DR HAUCUZ

I found the same to be true. The multiple listings...not replying to questions or subsequent posts to their thread...

Something isn't right.

Folks come to the board for all sorts of reasons. And when something goes wrong... post it. And they should.

But something isn't right with these posters, for sure. As They don't tell a 'complete' story. ...putting the band in the wrong place? Well, where did it get placed?

No answer. But if another doctor were taking over this case they'd tell the patient EXACTLY where it was placed...there is medical language for this. Inamed recommends such and such from the esophogas to the stomach. So, where was it placed? That way bandsters can actually see....evidence.

Dr. Huacuz was the one who did my surgery and I have recommended him time after time, when someone asked me. I've personally asked questions to these posters....but get no response. To me, something isn't right and it may not have been Dr. Huacuz that made a mistake...but the patient...as in her body not taking the band well.

But, we will never know because details are secreted.

Thats why you don't go to Tijuana for surgery. My heart goes out to you for what you've been through. If you are paying out of pocket, see if you can get into a study at an American hospital in your area where the lap band is half price. I did mine in a NY hospital that was doing a study. I paid 12000 out of pocket (they usually charge 25,000 for people not in a study). I know this costs more than Mexico but it was in an accredited hospital.

I saw a similar thing on Montel. A lady went to Mexico for breast implants. She came back to America and almost died. When they removed the faulty implants, they ran the serial number and saw that the implants were implanted into another woman before her!

They actually used 2nd hand breast implants in this poor lady. She is very sick because of this. I am a bargain hunter, but when you are dealing with surgery, don't go to a forgeign country. Your life is not worth a couple of thousand dollars.

I hada my band in dec 19 in Tijuana with dr. Haucuz he put in a wrong place now i had to do all again. Painfull, a lot money and he keep saying comeback here and I do for you for 7000 again. I am not that crazy, my life is more than money.:)

Thats why you don't go to Tijuana for surgery. My heart goes out to you for what you've been through. If you are paying out of pocket, see if you can get into a study at an American hospital in your area where the lap band is half price. I did mine in a NY hospital that was doing a study. I paid 12000 out of pocket (they usually charge 25,000 for people not in a study). I know this costs more than Mexico but it was in an accredited hospital.

I saw a similar thing on Montel. A lady went to Mexico for breast implants. She came back to America and almost died. When they removed the faulty implants, they ran the serial number and saw that the implants were implanted into another woman before her!

They actually used 2nd hand breast implants in this poor lady. She is very sick because of this. I am a bargain hunter, but when you are dealing with surgery, don't go to a forgeign country. Your life is not worth a couple of thousand dollars.

What does going to Tijuana have to do with anything? Are you suggesting that we don't have creepy slimy doctors in the US? We have PLENTY of them just like any other country.

Since one doctor is bad that does not make the entire country bad, that's just not fair.

I went to Mexico for a band and I have insurance in the US. I wanted the best opportunity to lose weight and meet my goals. My pick of surgeons was someone in Mexico.

That's not fair to slam an entire country because one doctor did something stupid and unethical, we have a practicing pediatrician in AZ that is a convicted pedophile. Does that mean nobody should get medical care in the US?

I am not slamming Tijuana and if you went there and had a good experience, thats great! I am just saying if you haven't been banded yet, it's not the best place to go for surgery. Read this article.

El Bohemio - BEWARE OF Mexico FOR CHEAP PLASTIC SURGERY

What does going to Tijuana have to do with anything? Are you suggesting that we don't have creepy slimy doctors in the US? We have PLENTY of them just like any other country.

Since one doctor is bad that does not make the entire country bad, that's just not fair.

I went to Mexico for a band and I have insurance in the US. I wanted the best opportunity to lose weight and meet my goals. My pick of surgeons was someone in Mexico.

That's not fair to slam an entire country because one doctor did something stupid and unethical, we have a practicing pediatrician in AZ that is a convicted pedophile. Does that mean nobody should get medical care in the US?

Hold on a minute! I have seen on TV just like you, patients dieing in the Dr.s USA clinic due to any number of poor decisions as well as shoddy workmanship. Plastic surgeries gone bad, Dr.s hiding from authorities yadayada! Its not just in Mexico.Its in the US as well.Do your research before you say something like this....grrr!

There is even a TV show about Plastic surgeries from hell...

P.S. Do your research!!

Edited by mattintosh

I am not slamming Tijuana and if you went there and had a good experience, thats great! I am just saying if you haven't been banded yet, it's not the best place to go for surgery. Read this article.

So what? There are equally as bad doctors in the US. Just in the Phoenix area alone there was a plastic surgeon that killed three patients before the board finally revoked his license. There is a practicing pediatrician that is a convicted pedophile. There are many docs that have a "letter of concern" in their board file for operating while intoxicated. Want an example of just one state alone?? Check it out:

Arizona Medical Board - Protecting the Public's Health

Check out the board actions for the last two years.

Just because it is Mexico does not mean all Mexicans are bad and they can't have a good doctor. Just because it is the US does not mean all Americans are good and we have only good docs. Quite frankly, we aren't a whole lot better than Mexico in many cases when policing doctors. Ask any OR nurse which docs she would let operate on her and she'll be able to count them on one hand.

You can find 100 articles about bad care in Mexico and I can find 1000 articles about bad care in the US. Do you know that the hospital I went to in Mexico has a lower infection stat than mayo Clinic and they have the same number of beds? They do the same procedures as well.

I have worked in the US medical system for 25 years. I'm here to tell you, we aren't all you make us out to be. Medical care has its good and bad. There are good docs and bad, same with nurses and hospitals.

I know of a nurse that I worked with that couldn't get her narcotic counts straight. She came up wrong each and every single time. She finally had to ask pharmacy to quit putting so much Ativan in the Pyxis because there were always 100 vials and she couldn't count that high. So they started keeping 10 vials at a time so she would quit making mistakes. Wouldn't a better option have been to put her to work in the laundry department?

There was an actor on 60 Minutes Sunday that was talking about how a US nurse gave his twin babies 100x the amount of Heparin they were supposed to receive. Those vials went through three different hospital employees and not a single one noticed that the strength of the Heparin was 100x stronger than the MD orders. Three babies died, most lived including the actor's children. The pharmacy technician filled it with the wrong drug, the pharmacist checking it didn't notice, the nurse administering it didn't notice either. The children were overdosed.

Just within the last two months it was discovered that two hospitals in two different locations were not cleaning their endoscopes properly and people were swapping spit and poop with one another. Now they all have to be tested for HIV and Hepatitis for the next six months.

There is a plastic surgeon in AZ who had his sterilization equipment break so he was soaking them in alcohol instead of sterilizing the instruments. He didn't want to spend the money or wait for parts so he just cleaned the instruments. Alcohol does not do NEARLY what people believe it does, it does not sterilize.

I can go on all day long with one example after another of the great care in the US. Shall I?

People die every single day in the US due to medical mistakes. Does that mean we should tell everyone to go to India for their medical care? According to your logic, that is exactly what we should be doing.

I was also a victim of Dr. Huacuz a few years ago and had to have it removed and then converted into a mini bypass in the US. My band slipped shortly after the surgery because it was not implanted corre ctly. Also my port was on top of my belly button, which was very uncomfortable. I called him several times but he was not very available. He suggested I was to go back to him to have another band placed but I was afraid. I feel fine now....

I found the same to be true. The multiple listings...not replying to questions or subsequent posts to their thread...

Something isn't right.

I don't agree with what someone tried to do to Dr. Huacuz but I can't say I blame them either. While I don't support the behaviors that Utahband did it also isn't something Huacuz hasn't done himself. As I have written on another thread, we caught him on another board posing as his own patient that just loved him. Then he came over here with the same ID and had a different career path and a different location.

What goes around comes around.

There are about 3 doc's patient coordinators posting here that have more IDs than they have change of underwear. They post claiming to be a patient and in reality, they are merely drumming up business. Nothing more. They tell how great their doc is, they do just about anything to pick up business.

But you know, when it comes to message boards there seems to be two alternatives. Delete everything (like some other boards do) that is the least bit bad about any doctor and people don't get the real picture, or ... leave it up and let people decide for themselves who has credibility.

I am not slamming Tijuana and if you went there and had a good experience, thats great! I am just saying if you haven't been banded yet, it's not the best place to go for surgery.

I disagree. If I was self-pay, I would seriously consider Mexico. There are a few doctors there who are more experienced and have a better reputation than any one I could find in my area.

But Haucuz isn't one of them. :biggrin:

I am lapbanderNC and Utahband is my friend obviously from Utah. For some reason she copied and pasted my posts several times. I asked her why she did that and she said that it was because she did not know how to express herself very well in English. What I can say is that each person needs to research for themselves what doctor is the best for them. I have also concluded that the ideal is to never refer doctors to anyone since they can have natural consequences and/or reactions during or after surgery and the person who made the referal can feel pretty uncomfortable. I am happy with my band which was place by Dr. Marsden - a fantastic doctor ( for me). But I can also testify that my friend, Utahband is truly struggling due to her second band surgery in less than 90 days. According to surgical records her band was an INAMED band, but the larger size which favored the slippage only a few weeks after placement. The band slipped towards the esophagus causing extreme pain and reducing oxygen. Now I reinforce... research yourself, this is only a support group and not an adverstisement for any physician place. I am done with the Huacus mess and I have very limited time to spend here. I have been a member for about a year and my post history is solely related to genuine questions I have had before and after surgery -- especially during the most critical recovery time.

I have found posts of someone in this very same thread addressing a patient of Huacuz who was near death because of a serious infection. I will look carefully for the post and refer to it next time I come accross it.

Whoops... Don't go to Bavaria either for surgery. They made a mistake:

>>A German retiree is taking a hospital to court after she went in for a leg operation and got a new anus instead, the Daily Telegraph is reporting.

The woman woke up to find she had been mixed up with another patient suffering from incontinence who was to have surgery on her sphincter.

Click hear Dr. Manny talk about medical errors.

The clinic in Hochfranken, Bavaria, has since suspended the surgical team.

Now the woman is planning to sue the hospital. She still needs the leg operation and is searching for another hospital to do it.<<

FOXNews.com - Woman Goes for Leg Operation, Gets New Anus Instead - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News