Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your NSV's!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to all of you guys!!

I've gone from a size 22w to a size 16w!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....we won't discuss the part about the "tire" sitting on top of the waist band....LOL

ailbhe, doesn't that feel great? I just love getting up and figuring out how my look is going to be that day!

luvinke, what a great feeling! I bought a pair 18 misses from Wal-Mart (which tend to run small) and I was able to put them on, but they were a bit too squeezy at this point. I was so excited though, because I know that once they fit good, it's no longer the women's sizes for me anymore. I can actually find some better, stylish clothes to wear. :thumbup: ...and not to mention, no more women's size $$$ either!

New clothes! Yay. Well three new shirts. from 26/28 now I have three new 22/24!

They look good too.

My shirts were falling off my shoulders at work and showing too much cleavage.

Yay! (not the cleavage the clothes)

My husband and sister told me on yesterday that they can see my collar bone, now that has been covered under fat for years. I feel so good hearing that I just can't stop smiling. People are really starting to notice.

I was at work today when someone finally asked how much weight I had lost. It is very noticable now and I am out of xs and into XLs. I was shocked whe I put on some really old work clothes and it wasn't that they fit, they had room to spare.It felt great.I am working myself up to buying a new bathing suit for the summer. it is a great idea to get rid of the big big clothes. in the past I kept them and when I gained, I started to wear them again.

I was at work yesterday, carrying samples down the stairs, when my pants fell off!, they were tight before surgery. I was so happy to give them away. I have boxes of cloths, from the last couple of years, and don't need to buy any. On the plane last week, my seat belt was 6" longer than before. another 1/4" and I would have had to get an extention before.

only thing boobs are 6" smaller around now, but I'm so happy! working out is the greatest.

Congrats Donna and Babe I am happy for both of you. I have a new NSV to share, I took pictures over the weekend at home to play with my new camera and printer and these happen to be the first I've taken since being banded - I couldn't believe my eyes, I said "WOW" when I saw myself, I could actually see my own weightloss and I didn't see it before, I actually thought that I looked smaller almost a version of skinny (in my mind). My husband and kids kept saying of course you look smaller you have lost a lot of weight. I know i've brought a couple of Junior sundress but "WOW". I can't believe it either and I love exercising now too. It's funny how our lives change. Let's keep up the good work, we are on a roll! This is for us:thumbup:

Vacation NSV

for the first time in ages i buckled my seatbelt on out flight and didn't need an extender....also i used to fear airplan lavatories, that i might get stuch or something wqually horrible...i went in and had enough room to accompany my daughter too....woohoo i am feeling so much more normal

peabody

40lbs down

peobody, that is so great!! Keep up the good fight! :thumbup:

Well, we haven't posted in this thread in awhile. I'll like to share a few recent NSV's I've had. Anyone else?

I went to the Dentist's Office, no not the NSV - I do actually go out once in awhile... anyway as I'm instructed to sit down and wait for the dental hygienist to call me back, I turn around and immediately size up the chairs. For anyone who has been as large as me, that is one of the first things I do. I guess this will be something that will stick with me for a long time. Anyway, I notice the chairs are actually rather small, with the thin arm rests even - way small for me at 330 lbs! I would have immediately not even wanted to try. Well, I figure, OK, I can do this. So, I sit down and find that I fit rather nicely. My legs barely touch the arm rests. WHOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Smilin' all day from that one!

My other one is, well bitter sweet to say the least. So, I have to go to LB's because they are the only store with a bra that works for me. My bras right now are a 40D. They are big, period. My cups are like open invitations for peeping toms too. I knew I probably needed to get a downsize in the cups as well. So, I go in and the nice young lady asks if I want to be sized for a bra. I say sure, since I'm not sure of my size anymore. She measures me as a 38C. My boobs have deflated: bitter. I have finally gotten out of the 40's: SWEET! I am in the smallest size now that LB's carries as far as bras: bitter and SWEET! Now I just need to find out where I'm going to get my bras after I shrink out of those.

Excellent NSV´s. Maybe no one has had this problem before but...I've not been able to pop the trunk from the inside. But arm wouldn't reach, but lo and behold! I can now!

I hear ya, Little Miss Band-Aid! Why is it the boobs and butt go first?

NSVS:

I've gone from a 26/28 to a 22 in jeans. Some 22's are even loose. Can't wait to get into a 20. I can't remember the last time I wore that size!

My stomach doesn't touch the steering wheel in the car anymore.

I finally put the sleep apnea machine in the closet. Don't think I'll be needing it anymore!

Before surgery, I had heartburn almost daily. I ate Zantac or Tums like candy. I don't remember the last time I had heartburn! I'm so glad to be rid of that!!

Thank you Tskelli. You helped me to focus on some NSVs instead of the 2 pounds I gained. Pretty sure it's Water since I made really salty carnitas and drank a ton last night.

Anyway, I too have been heartburn free since my surgery. Really nice to live without that. And I can no longer use my stomach to steer while I open a straw or whatever. It just won't reach the steering wheel no matter how hard I push it out. Yay!