Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your NSV's!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday my husband said that my boobs now stick out further than my stomach. I must now take a side photo of myself to see if this is true - but if it is....hooray!

Yesterday my husband said that my boobs now stick out further than my stomach. I must now take a side photo of myself to see if this is true - but if it is....hooray!

What an outstanding NSV!!!

I was looking at my side profile in the mirror today and thought that if I didn't have my saggy tummy and my love handles that I would actually be rather pleased with the way I look. That's not too bad considering I just started losing weight about four months ago! Guess I shouldn't complain about this taking so long huh? I think I am losing inches right now. I've noticed my watch is feeling more loose so something is happening. I've been trying to drink more Water today and continue with my yard activity. Got the weeds in the back pulled and tomorrow I will mow, etc.

Oh! I do have one NSV. My husband stepped on the scale tonight and he has put on a couple of pounds since going back to work. So between my losses and his gain, we now weigh the same! For a while I was as much as 30 lbs heavier than him. Not anymore! I should mention that he has lost a bunch of weight lately and was actually losing weight faster than I was for a while. I never liked weighing more than him although it has been nice that we could share our Harley tee shirts LOL

I have a vanity in my bathroom that is a mirrored, 3-door cabinet. I used to be able to stand in front of it, and my boobs would be in the first mirror, and my butt in the last one. I could never really see myself whole.

Now, my reflection fits in the middle mirror, with nothing sticking out the other side.

I have two NSV's to share this morning:

#1: I am out of town right now, and as I am walking up to sign in to my motel room, there is a surveillance camera monitor right next to you. You can see what they see. It was the weirdest thing, it catches you from the behind view. I looked at it, and immediately thought, "who is that"? I looked behind me and realized, IT WAS ME!!!! How cool is that???? I smiled and realized my ass is sooo shrinking... man that will never get old! LOL!!

#2: Ok, what could have turned out to me a major disaster, turned out to be so liberating for me. When TOM calls me, I always fall off the wagon. Well, he's calling and like a zombie, I went straight for the salty chips aisle. I bought a full size bag of Doritos as always. Yes, I can eat a full bag in a matter of two days. Well, I was going for the gusto, and before I knew it almost half the bag was gone. I thought consciously that, I really couldn't even taste the damn things anymore. So, I sat there feeling defeated because so far I've had a freaking good month. I started to feel fear in my heart, because I made a goal of 259 by March 31st, and I am so damn close to making that goal. I immediately took that bag, violently crushed the chips inside and took the bag to the sink, filled it with Water, poured the Water out and threw the bag straight in the trash. It felt so good to do that!! Mind you, it had been over three weeks since I'd eaten one solitary chip! Well, I start today with day one (again), but a new sense of relief from this addiction! Woohoo!!

I've had several this week! First time the number on the scale started with a "1" instead of a "2", I'm down another size (from 20 to 16 now!) and this week was the first time that someone at work said, "Wow, you're really losing weight!" Only one person at work knows about my band. I don't know why, but my metabolism is really turned on this week. I've been losing almost a pound a day since Monday!

Irene,

What a great way to kill/purge/vaporize that old addiction!!! Feel that old monkey jumping off your back....i do so crave me some doritos nad other chips....and even when i'm really restricted those soft carbs so go down easy!!!!damn them HEEHEEHEE

Go Irene Go you can do it

and me too

Amanda

mY NSV FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS I AM WEARING PANTS WITH

NO ELASTIC!!!!

even i can now see how my backside is shrinking

Way to go Double V's

Congratulations Peabody! It's a great feeling isn't it?

Keep up the good work!

Thank you Peabody, it was so great! I have not craved any chips today at all. I cannot describe how wonderful it felt, it was almost like I felt like I defeated them in a sense.

Sounds like you too had a great NSV, and yes we are so kicking but over here in VV land. :smile:

I have yet another as a matter of fact! It seems like I am have at least one a day right now. This was is a real kicker, it must have been the sodium from yesterdays "chip episode", but my port site feels a little sore today. Well, I was telling my husband and it is kind of poking out and you can feel it. We were sitting side by side and his arm was around me, so he reaches around from the back way to try to feel it. It was the funniest thing, he rubs his finger along my rib cage and says, "yes, I can feel it!" I started laughing so hard, and I told him, "no, that is my ribcage - I know you have not felt my ribs in a really long time". He started laughing so hard he almost started crying! That was so great! My ribs had been hiding out for about a decade - and my hubby finally noticed for me that they have returned. How great is that!?

irene

welcome back to your ribs!! even though there are times when i think that $%^&*@#$%** scale should be moving....it may not but my body is still changing. That just mystifies me....but okay i accept it.

VV's forever

Amanda

Hey Guys,

This weekend I was putting some jeans on that used to fit me really tight and when i was going to put them on I noticed that i no longer have to suck in my tummy to make them fit!!! It felt awesome!:puke:

Great NSV's everyone! I am feeling a little discouraged. My scale has not moved much since I saw my surgeon a month ago. I see him again this afternoon and am going to just walk in with my head high. I did not change my diet; just think I have hit the "Great Plateau". Have lost 46lbs since 11/20 and need to stick with how well that went.

I have one month left out of my six month pre-op diet. Think I will kick-start my diet tomorrow by doing 2 days of Protein drinks. Something's gotta give.

Anyone else have that box or bag filled with your "skinny clothes" that you put away years ago because you figured you couldn't wear them, but you couldn't bear to throw them away?

Pulled that box out of the corner of my closet this past weekend - and I fit into every single thing. I have apparently gone from a size 24 to a size 18 in the last 3 months. WooHoo!!!