Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Everyone Please Help Me

Christina, for what it's worth, I think you made the right decision. Or at least, I think you made the decision I would have made, so there, you see my bias... :(

I can tell this has been a rough patch, trying to decide what to do. I hope you have some peace now.

And don't forget, no matter what, we will be here to support you!

Christina!

I read your first post and now your last and a few in between and I have to say, I totally agree with the choice you made!!! I would have done the same thing at your age, especially if I had your beauty, brains & personality!!!

I have always said you are gorgeous gal, both inside and out, and deserve the BEST in life! You are a NATURAL!!! You are young, beautiful, talented, intelligent, outgoing, ambitious, funny, and so much more!!!

I always say that EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON...and you shouldn't look at it as a negative thing! Maybe since you have had so many questions and concerns about HAVING the surgery, you were actually trying to find an excuse NOT to have it....An ALTERNATIVE maybe....but you didn't have one...at least not until NOW!!!

Remember I told you it took a while for my insurance company to approve, and that I was TOTALLY ready and prepared for it when it finally happened. You are still questioning it a few months later, so maybe THAT is the sign that you should wait. And usually they give you a deadline when you have to have the surgery....find out the date and at least you would have that as backup!

As someone said earlier....the band will ALWAYS be here. This opportunity in the acting business doesn't happen but once. And when opportunity knocks, you should answer the door! Do it while you're young!!! You have to at least TRY!!! I can see you in a few months if you don't...you will be wondering why you didn't at least give it a shot. Who knows? Nobody does...that's the whole thing!

Talk to your friend....get on the show if you can...try your best....if you succeed, then AWESOME...if not, then what better way to prove to the insurance company that you need the surgery?!?!?!?!?!!! What more proof would they need than that of millions of viewers??? :glasses

I say GO FOR IT GIRL!!!

Look at your name......I'LL SUCCEED!!!...and I KNOW YOU WILL....no matter what you do!!!

Keep me posted.....Remember me when you become Thin, Rich, and Famous!!! I am always here for you!!! And I would love to be able to say I knew you when!!! Because I do!!! And if things don't work out....which, how could they not work out???...I am still here for you...whenever you need me!!!

HUGSSSSS & Fingers Crossed!!!

Nancy* :banana

I got called by a local casting office for the 1st run of Biggest Loser. I am basically a private person, I didnt go for the audition. Plus there was no way I could leave my job and kids for 10 weeks. My older daughter did a phone audition for the 2nd run. Is that the one they are still casting. My daughter auditioned months ago.

I wish anyone who gives it a try the best wishes. It just wasnt my thing.

Patty

I got called by a local casting office for the 1st run of Biggest Loser. I am basically a private person, I didnt go for the audition. Plus there was no way I could leave my job and kids for 10 weeks. My older daughter did a phone audition for the 2nd run. Is that the one they are still casting. My daughter auditioned months ago.

Patty

I just got off the phone w/the gal who I WAS TOLD was dating the producer. It turns out its her neice who is dating the guy- his name is Ben Silverman. The gal whos neice it is was, was supposedly supposed to(if thats a sentence)tell me months ago about this & never did till two days ago. So I told her give my # to your neice & have her call me with any info. But like Pattys daughter I think this audition may have been for mnths ago & not now. We will see soon. I May have gotten my panties in a bunch for nothing;0)

Christina, Even if insurance approves and you have a date, the actual date of surgery is YOUR choice. Also, weight loss with the band is not guaranteed...you have to utilize many of the strategies they'll use in the TV show program...and you don't even know if you'd get picked. I say pursue the show and band simultaneously. You may not get selected for TV...then you have your answer. If you get picked, then you can list the Pros and Cons of both and decide. Good luck to you.

Elizabeth

8-28-03

-60 after 10 months

-40 (gained 20 back) after 18 months following fill removal due to slipped band

3-10-03 band re-positioned

Whatever happens, good luck to you, Christina. I'm afraid I'm with Alexandra and Scotty on this one; from what I can see, reality shows turn the contestants into objects of mockery. The networks make a buck making fools out of people. I guess if you win, of course you can laugh all the way to the proverbial bank. It certainly wouldn't be my thing -- but with your acting background, this might be right for you. Have you had further thoughts about whether you'll get banded even if you don't go on the show?

It certainly wouldn't be my thing -- but with your acting background, this might be right for you. Have you had further thoughts about whether you'll get banded even if you don't go on the show?
Hi Zoe- When I think about it... weightloss & feeling better about myself is my #1 priority. So I am more excited about the band than the show. It was more like a question of when to do the band & the frustration of having already waited 5+ months. Also was the band my last choice or should it be the show first?(I have been studing about the band & other WLS for 2 yrs total)

But I have a God Can, anyone else know what I am talking about ?? I love it & got it when i went through my divorce. So I wrote down my thoughts on the show & the band and asked God what he thought was best. Than I folded up the letter & placed it through the slot in the can. Now the trick is to let it go & wait for his answer. The premise is when you can't---God Can. So I am waiting & gathering info & praying.

I am leaning more towards what BigT said-it seemed as if he(I assume that your a He- sorry if your not) was in my head. Meet the producor - talk about other shows- get the band & than after lossing weight-Go for it!

Christina,

Good Luck with whatever decision you make. If its the show, please let us know so we can root you on. If not, we will all support you with surgery!!!

Patty

Chistina,

You mention that you are not too excited about the show. You also wonder if God is trying to tell you something. Well, most of the others have by now gotten irritated with me because I tend to focus on the bad side of the lap band. Yes, the band helps to lose weight, but hard work helps aswell. Maybe the show isn't what you really want, but something in you is not sure about the band either. I knew my insurance would aprove me because their United health care and they're the best. However, I really didn't think about the following questions in detail....

1. Is this really my only option?

2. Am I just lazy and looking for the easy way out.

3. Will I be okay never eating what I want. (without the band you can still eat what you want but in moderation)

4. Do I want to deal with my skin sagging? ( your skin will sag more when you lose weight fast. When you do it on your own, you exercise and build muscle and lose SLOWLY, alowing your skin to go back.)

5. Am I truely emotionally ready for this.

And so on.... I was 236 on 2/16/05 day of surgury, and now I am 219 today. Yes it's nice to lose weight, but something in me was not 100% ready for surgery. And maybe that is why I would rather not have the band in me today. My husband had lost 10 pounds on his own since my surgery. He goes to the gym at least 3 times a week. He walks during his breaks at work, and He has a nice salad for either lunch or dinner instead of a big plate of Pasta. I know now, that I could have still done it on my own. I honestly thought to myself, I am tired of trying so hard to lose weight and just gave up. But anything in life is hard work when you want to succeed.

I believe in you. Try the show if your comfortable enough. No one is going to think " Oh my gosh she's huge!" People are proud of the people on the show and think, "Good for them, they are really trying to do something for themselves and they deserve all the respect in the world."

That's just my 2 cents. Hopefully you really think this through, and if you are not 100% sure about doing the surgery, then don't. However, if you are 100% sure then go ahead.

Hey,

Go for the band. The band will help you keep the weight off forever. I lost a lot of weight on Weight Watchers only to gain it all back. How discouraging!

Good luck!

I would "go for it". You said you could lose the weight with trainers and a chef.

If after you have done the show, won the money, become famouse, you start to gain weight you will have money to get the band!

Seems like a no brainer to me.

I got my band being l94 lbs and 5'7. It may seem extreme to many, but I was not going to wait until I was 250lbs and I was headed there. Family history and all that. I am a woman of prayer and I prayed about it. I had "peace" in my spirit.

If you are a woman of prayer than God will give you peace about which direction to go. Slow down, breathe and pray. If you feel a smooth, velvety, green light about either than do it sister!

I know that you will make the right decision and God will make a way for you and your dog, LOL

Well, most of the others have by now gotten irritated with me because I tend to focus on the bad side of the lap band.

However, I really didn't think about the following questions in detail....

1. Is this really my only option?

2. Am I just lazy and looking for the easy way out.

3. Will I be okay never eating what I want. (without the band you can still eat what you want but in moderation)

4. Do I want to deal with my skin sagging? ( your skin will sag more when you lose weight fast. When you do it on your own, you exercise and build muscle and lose SLOWLY, alowing your skin to go back.)

5. Am I truely emotionally ready for this.

And so on.... I was 236 on 2/16/05 day of surgury, and now I am 219 today. Yes it's nice to lose weight, but something in me was not 100% ready for surgery. And maybe that is why I would rather not have the band in me today.

I know now, that I could have still done it on my own. I honestly thought to myself, I am tired of trying so hard to lose weight and just gave up. But anything in life is hard work when you want to succeed.

Norma, I, for one, love your perspective on this board. It's a big dose of reality! I have carefully asked my self these questions as I prepare for Band surgey, and I appreciate so much what you have to say. I will be much more prepared than you say you were, and for that I thank you. I hope your Band journey turns out well despite it all, and thank you. Don't hold back on us, okay?

Christina, let us know how your meeting with the producer goes. It could really lead to something else AND tighten your resolve about your Band. You never know where a well-placed hand shake will take you!

Kathy,

You are very welcome! I just want to make sure that others don't have such a hard time with the band like I have, emotionally. Counceling is always a good idea BEFORE the procedure. I have my first counceling session tomorrow. I am doing a lot better than I was the first 2 weeks post, however there is still a lot of new changes that I am dealing with.

Take care!

My opinion usually isn't worth much since I'm the wild one of the bunch, but girlfriend, Opportunity is knocking on your door! Go on the show, go, go, go! If you lose the weight through diet and exercise, there's a small chance that you'll keep it off. Ya never know. The Band isn't going anywhere - it's not a once in a lifetime chance. Be a star, baby!

Ok, A. I would so do the show because after it if you still want the band you will have the money to pay for it insurance or no insurance.

B. You will learn sooooooo much by doing the show..

C. The reason I got serious about my weight was because of this show.. No kidding. So look at all the people's lives that you will change by doing this not just yours!!

D. If it's a god thing let it be a god thing.. The most important thing is that you have already made the choice to change and with any diet, on t.v. or with the band or no t.v. and no band, it's your choices that will make it a sucess or not..We all can do it!!

E. I will so watch you if you go on the show.. If not I will be seeing you here.. Good luck in your choice!!! If god gives you one!!! Maybe he will make it easy for you and only give you one option..

P.S don't worry about what your coworkers will think before losing the weight, think about what there reaction will be after you have lost the weight, you will be such an insperation to them all!!!