Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

List your lapband confessions here.

That's a great idea! I need to get back to logging so I can do that too! Based on what I'm seeing above, I would recommend trying to increase your calories at least a couple of hundred! Protein looks pretty good but couldn't hurt to be higher. Carbs aren't horrible but lower is better. Definitely work on the calories though (maybe through increased protein), it will absolutely help you take the weight off!

Thanks! I will definitely try to increase the calories and decrease the carbs. What is normal/recommended for Protein and carb grams? I think my doc said 60 grams of protein a day, but he didn't say anything about carbs.

Thanks! I will definitely try to increase the calories and decrease the carbs. What is normal/recommended for Protein and carb grams? I think my doc said 60 grams of Protein a day, but he didn't say anything about carbs.

I don't count carbs, but I do look at the quality of the carbs that I am eating and try to focus on high-Fiber foods like whole grains (I can eat bread but I haven't had a fill yet) and vegetables. More veggies than fruits. And no sugar, of course.

Thanks! I will definitely try to increase the calories and decrease the carbs. What is normal/recommended for Protein and carb grams? I think my doc said 60 grams of Protein a day, but he didn't say anything about carbs.

My doctor says no more than 30 gms a day excluding green leafy vegetables (don't count the carbs in those). That may be too stringent for some but it's working for me.

I don't count carbs, but I do look at the quality of the carbs that I am eating and try to focus on high-fiber foods like whole grains (I can eat bread but I haven't had a fill yet) and vegetables. More veggies than fruits. And no sugar, of course.

Thanks for your input. I'm not doing sugar, bread, Pasta, rice, etc. I'm just very surprised at the carbs in other foods and how they add up. I think I need to count them right now just so I'll be more selective and educate myself on foods I didn't know were high in carbs.

Some foods that surprised me as far as amount of carbs: aspartame, milk, veggie Soup, bananas, other fruit, and grits. Grits shouldn't be a surprise really. But the banana is what really floored me. 28 grams of carbs!

My doctor says no more than 30 gms a day excluding green leafy vegetables (don't count the carbs in those). That may be too stringent for some but it's working for me.

Thank you! I'll work on getting down to that!

Holy cow - what happened to this poor "confessions" thread? I found it pages back. Does that mean you've all started behaving perfectly? Say it ain't so - because i've got a doozy of a confession and I need to own up right now.

First - the background is important. Vanity made me weak today. I was feeling vain because I was wearing a cute new outfit of adorable 1X blouse with size 18 pants. I was also feeling vain because I shot the first of my video blogs today and it turned out pretty damn cute. I've been asked to blog my progress for my doctor's website. I choose to believe that I have been asked to do this because I am a model patient - the very picture of lap band compliance, positive attitude and steady weight loss. (no proof that this is the case, but I'd like to think so)

Anyway - full of this vanity, I went off to volunteer at church tonight, wearing cute new outfit. We are doing lots of services for Easter, so I was there for a long time. food was provided for volunteers - a healthy assortment of deli meats, cheese, veggies and fruit. Lap band heaven you say? Sure - unless over the evening you feel so svelt in new outfit that you accidentally eat a half pound of cheese and smoked turkey. And, because my volunteering involved greeting people at the door (and it's a wicked cold Easter in the Midwest , my friends) I felt justified in ordering a hot Black Forest cafe mocha from our coffee bar. Nice.

I came home and confessed to my husband - feeling sick to my stomach and guilty, guilty, guilty. "I ate a ton tonight" I say. He smiles, "That's very naughty" he says. I reply, "Yes...I'm a bad girl." He grins again, "A very bad girl." Clearly this conversation is doing nothing to hold me accountable.

Later same night - I'm hosting an Easter Breakfast tomorrow for friends, so I'm preparing by cooking 3 lbs of bacon tonight, so that tomorrow I can just warm it up. While DH and children are busy playing video games, I sneak bites of bacon, telling myself that I am just eating the burnt bits. The dog sits nearby me with a shaming look on his face, which says, "If that was really burnt you'd give it to me....and hey - aren't you on some sort of diet?" I tell the dog to shut up and nibble bacon until my stomach starts to gurgle in protest.

I think between 3pm and 10pm today, I have likely eaten 2000 calories. More than I've eaten in 3 days over the last few months probably.

Now don't reply and tell me it's ok - and that everyone falls off the wagon. I need accountability! Tell me I'm completely out of line and deserve to have nothing but Atkins shakes for 3 days in punishment!

Aarrgh. But I feel better having confessed.

But I have a really conservative goal - in fact - I'm going to change it right now! Watch that there ticker.

And plus - that shouldn't mean I can be bad, should it? Maybe that's why I'm struggling right now - I think - gosh, I'm halfway there, why not relax. (hence the stealing of malted chocolate eggs from my children's Easter basket this morning).

I've decided that there are just too many yummy treats on Easter - so I'm giving myself a weekend off plan to Celebrate hitting the halfway point (of my old goal). Here's my deal with myself - easy on the carbs and portion sizes - but otherwise, have fun this weekend and have a few treats. Monday, it's back to business. Someone ask me on Monday if I behaved!!

Well, we obviously all have eating problems or we wouldn't be here in the first place. It's nice to have a place to confess these sins without people being appalled.

We won't talk about how much chocolate I've eaten today. We're having Easter Bunny for dinner tonight, I think.

Becca...you are hysterical!! And the fact that you are almost halfway to goal is AMAZING!! I'll be happy to give you that finger-wagging "uh-uh-uh" you are looking for :thumbup:, but then I'd be a TOTAL hypocrite!!

Yeah, last week was bad for me. My evil demons of stress eating reared their ugly heads :crying:. Between the pizza, hamburger, steak and red wine, I think it's safe to say I fell off the wagon!! HOWEVER.....I did workout like a madwoman and fortunately the scale has stayed put. But it doesn't feel good to know that I didn't stick to my healthy eating plan. I didn't even do the "everything in moderation" thing, I basicaly ate like sh*t all week!! So, I'm just going to have to dust off the crumbs (literally) and focus on the week ahead, starting with a butt-whooping workout first thing in the morning!! Can't look back...can only look forward and the reality is there are going to be good and bad weeks throughout this journey.....such is life!!

Confession over. Hang in there Double V's!!

-Amy

Hi All

My easter weekend menu

chocolate chocolate CHOCOLATE!!!

I couldn't eat my turkey dinner because I was so full from chocolate, however found room for pie and cream and then had a little snack of Chocolate later that night. I hope my children eat all of the gorgeous velvety brown stuff while I'm away getting my first fill.

PS its my daughters 18th birthday today. I don't think she'd appreciate a slimfast instead of a cake.

Nicole

I agree. I ate more yesterday than I have eaten in months.

Family get togethers always have things you hardly see at any other time. Homemade baked goodies.:wub: