Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

List your lapband confessions here.

okay,

today i kept my healthy meal plan, drank my Water didn't get my excercise...and did have a crappy dinner milk and Protein bar, a piece of cheese and a few chips, 1/2 cup of s beach Cereal...no time to cook..my daughter has a virus with T 103...so just grab and go

but overall pleased with turning things around i need a bit more fill...

amanda

Lets see. I was banded on Feb.27.

1. no preop diet (but no last meal either I at least didn't do that)

2. started eating runny mashed potatoes 5 days later very slowly

3. have not excercised yet- what I am most dissapointed about

4. had a cheese omelette two days ago. Not all at once but I am not supposed to have eggs for another week I think

5. put REAL sourcream in my mashed potatoes two days ago. And a lot of it.

These might not sound dramatic but they feel dramatic for me.

I crave ice cream, which my nutritionist said NO...but I am cheating. So I buy the slimmer bear klondike bars. They are small the chocolate melts down to nothing and they are 100 calories. chocolate and icecream are my downfalls but these let me have my fix without feeling like a bad horrible person.

I have a weakness for ice cream, too. And, they said no, also.

But I gotta have my fix, so I limit it and account for the calories. :huh2:

You're not a bad horrible person, but I also don't think you are helping yourself out at all. Between mashed potatoes and ice cream, you are taking in a LOT of carbs and that will sabotage your weight loss. You and I are carb addicts. The more carbs we ingest, the more we want, the more we eat, until we are out of control. It is our drug of choice. It makes us feel good. Part of getting the band is physically, the majority of it is mental. We have to change our way of thinking about food. What is more important, ice cream or not getting diabetes or high blood pressure? This is really a major lifestyle change. I'm not saying that a treat every now and then is going to hurt you, but to be cheating this early in the game is not good. I remember before surgery when I was on my pre-op diet, my husband got me some ice cream on a day when I had been particularly good on my calorie and carb intake. I could "afford" it intake wise, so I had a 1/4 of a cup. I make it last as long as I could! LOL I love ice cream dearly, but it's not something I'm going to be able to have for a while unless it's a special occasion and in very small amounts. It's definite NOT something I keep in the fridge! :huh2:

Are you logging your food intake on FitDay or another equivalent site? I think if you start doing that (if you aren't already) it will be an eye opening experience for you. My doctor has me on no more than 30 gms of carbs a day excluding green leafy vegetables. After a two week plateau (normal for right after banding), I have dropped 10 lbs in nine days. The band will work for you, but you have to work with it. The band will only help with Portion Control, you have to feed it the right things.

I believe it's just FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal

It REALLY helps to track EVERYTHING! You can see what works and what doesn't. What impact increasing/decreasing your calories, carbs or Protein has. You can also track your weight and your exercise/calories burned on it. The online version is free or you can purchase the software that you can download onto your computer. The free version is generally good enough though. Make sure to itemize your custom foods as well. Certain brands of things that you may eat all the time that aren't in the general food log. I have my Protein shakes, salad dressings, cheese, anything and everything, even my Vitamins.

LOL, yeah fruit is not something you should be consuming on a regular basis. Way too much sugar! I'm only supposed to eat it sporadically at best. meat and veggies! (and be careful for some of the veggies as well!) sweet peas, corn, lima Beans, and others have a higher carb count so you have to watch those. I know we didn't get the bad to have to diet anymore, but the simple fact is that we (the general population) eats WAYYYYYYYY too many carbs that the body can't use for energy and then gets turned into fat (not healthy for our liver either!) I confess, I am such a carb addict it's not even funny. But if I want to get to the weight I want to be, do the things I want to do that I couldn't do because of my weight, and live a longer, healthier and happier life, then I need to cut back on my carb intake drastically to a much more normal quantity. I'm just really glad that chicken wings aren't high in carbs! LOL (as long as they aren't breaded :huh2:)

Hi. I have a love of ice cream too. I have an alternative that helps me now. I use one cup ff plain yogurt, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 2-3 packets Equal, about 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and a scoop unflavored whey Protein Powder. Blend in a blender. I usually put mine in a wide mouth thermos and carry around all day. It will usually get me through Breakfast and lunch with a few things added. I guess you could add a splash of milk if you wanted a thinner smoothie. I hope this is helpful. Have a great day.

Confession: I ate 2 fish sticks last night that my daughter left uneaten.

JaxBandster: Thank you so much for reminding me about that site. I used it a couple of years ago. I went on today to log my food for the last week (still not finished), but I was appalled at the amount of carbs I was eating! Yesterday I was at 1000 calories (highest since surgery) but I had 111 grams of CARBS!!!!! I didn't realize bananas, milk, and veggie Soup had so many carbs!

So here's the average from FitDay for the past 6 days:

Average Calories/day: 647

Average Fat grams/day: 25

Average Protein grams/day: 49

Average Carb grams/day: 61

Not at all what I thought it was going to be. I'm interested to hear how many of each y'all are getting? Who's counting?

So here's the average from FitDay for the past 6 days:

Average Calories/day: 647

Average Fat grams/day: 25

Average Protein grams/day: 49

Average Carb grams/day: 61

Not at all what I thought it was going to be. I'm interested to hear how many of each y'all are getting? Who's counting?

That's a great idea! I need to get back to logging so I can do that too! Based on what I'm seeing above, I would recommend trying to increase your calories at least a couple of hundred! Protein looks pretty good but couldn't hurt to be higher. Carbs aren't horrible but lower is better. Definitely work on the calories though (maybe through increased protein), it will absolutely help you take the weight off!

I confess that I have no trouble staying on plan all day long. Nights have been the challenge for me. This has always been an issue for me and I have slipped lately. I am 17 days post op and on puree/mushys. Last night I had some Peanut Butter. I have no restrictions at all yet so I had no problems with it except for the guilt.

I have had some frustation because I lost 25 pounds pre op but have only dropped 3 pounds post op. I get on this site and read about how everyone has dropped so much in the same amount of time and i get upset. I know that except for my small peanut butter issue, I have been on task and even walking 2.25 miles 3x a week. I will forgive myself and start new today.