Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

List your lapband confessions here.

Ok here are my confessions: 1. I suck, I have no will power and slight restriction (thankfully, I have no idea what would happen if I didn't have that). 2) I completely sabbatoged myself. I was doing good, back on track then my son's birthday. We had a huge bash, tons of Cookies, cupcakes,and brownies, coney dogs...well lets just say that the stressball that I am, I took it upon myself to graze all weekend witht the leftovers. 3) I have been off my thyroid medicine for 2 months so I can have a scan done (of which I have had to reschedule 2 times) and I know thats helping with my eating issues. I am feeling way guilty and sucky!!!! So I am here tonight reading posts, and looking at the awesome progress pics, not completely surrounding myself in sorrow, but needing that boost to get myself out of this freaking hole. I have already planned my week (www.startyourdiet.com) and hopefully I can stick to it!!!! There is my confession, I feel so much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrrrggg! I hate when I type out a long post and hit some button and lose it all. So, here I go again with this.

I'm had a bad weekend myself. I bumped up my calories for a couple days to break my plateau. It worked but now I'm having a little trouble getting back one track. It's getting there but still a few bumps.

I use www.thedailyplate.com to track my stuff. It has a huge database and lets you enter partial portions. Like if I have half a pear I can put .5 in the serving and it will calculate the calories, Protein, carbs, etc. It also tracks your excercise and the calories you burned. And you does things for excercise, daily calories and charting weight lose when you enter your weight and activity level. Great site and free.

I have had a bad week, and this weekend was no different. I definately need a fill. My appt with my doc last Thursday was cancelled so I will get my fill on the 3rd. I can't wait. I am eating WAY too much and feel hungry all the time. I ate a whole plate of nachos at lunch today. This is soooo not normal for me. I have got to get control of myself. We are eating out with family tommorow, so I am going to give myself tommorow and the Tuesday I am hitting it hard and heavy. I have come way too far to look back now!!

I didn't have a bad week or weekend but I am still in this plateau phase. It has been 6 weeks and the scales haven't moved in that time. I have had a fill, and I go back for another in 2 weeks.

I am eating so much less than pre-band you would think that the weight would be coming off. In fact when you look at it:

22 Feb - Band date - lost 9kg on Opti

22 Mar - start solids - lost another 4kg

26 May - 2 months later and I think I have lost 2kg all up

I am doing all the right things - watching what and how much I eat, eating slowly, not drinking when I eat, exercising. I am wondering what more I can do and I am to be honest a little freaking disappointed!!!!:):angry:

Bad week for me too. Desperate for a fill. It's like I'm not banded....at least that is how I felt, but then I realized that I have been slowly getting into the habit of drinking when I eat.

Today I stop that. Today I stop that. Today I stop.

So far so good.

I'm not going to talk about what I have eaten. I just can't do it. The only plus is the 2.0 of exercise I did do. Which is 2.0 more than I usually do, but I the food...

But I'm not going to drink while I eat. Not an hour before or an hour after and we will see how much of a difference that makes.

Ezma- It's always hard to reduce again I think. You get out of your habits. It helps to break that plateau, but it's hard to make yourself stop again. Especially when eating more caused you to lose weight.

Peeks- I'm sorry your frustrated. I'm having a huge slow down right now to.

Hi all. I need some advice.

I've been on holidays last week and even before I left I had started falling into bad habits again. Biscuits dipped in tea, ice cream etc. It got worse while I was away as we were in a resort which had really crap food choices. It was all steak and chips, burgers and chips etc so i pretty much survived the week on chips.

I lost a lot of weight the week after my last fill but gained a pound or two and have remained the same since. I have good restriction but I'm not handling it well as I love eating so am going for things that go down easy and mean I can eat a lot. I've just realised that. God, it's so obvious. I feel when I am full and continue to eat. I had a few pbs on holidays. Once in a shopping centre in Barcelona. I was in Mc Ds (not my choice to go there) and was enjoying a chicken royal burger (what was I thinking :unsure:) and it got stuck. I couldn't find the toilets and had to discreetly pb into a bin nearby. A woman asked was I ok and I lied and said I was pregnant and she let me use the staff toilet. I felt so bad :thumbup:.

Anyway, clearly my issues with food are still there. I'm self pay and counselling isn't part of the package and I can't afford it to be honest.

Any advice how to get out of this awful habit and get myself back on track????

Well, first good step was coming here. Once you say it out loud or on a screen it takes the shame away so you can get back on track. And realize that's all it takes is the decision to stay on track. Now, we have to make that decision several times a day and can do it even after we have a set back. Just choose to make the next 10 minutes healthy, then make another choice. Now I realize it's not an easy choice to make all the time but I find it much easier if I look at it as a small choice.

I've also found it helpful to go back to basics. If I'm having a hard time staying away from bad foods I go on mushies for a day or two. Kinda snaps me back in shape. It's much easier to do this one right after a fill since I'm scared. LOL

Another thing that might help is surrounding yourself with health. I surf the web for health, diet or fitness stuff; listen to podcasts about bariatric surgery or health; watch shows about it when I find them on; read magazines on healthy eating, health, yoga or even dream stuff about what I want to do when I get thinner. Though some people do better with distractions.

Hope that helps some. Cheering you on from here.

ezma, those are great suggestions and some I already do myself.

That being said, I have been really bad since Friday. I have been eating so much fast food and not taking into account portion sizes. It's almost like I don't even have a band on right now! I already made the appointment for the next available fill and that will be on June 13th. That is still 3 weeks away so I need to get back into good habits. Well, it doesn't help that it TOM, so I'm just hoping that is the only reason for my bad behaviors. I think it has to be a little bit of both, since I have been getting hungry alot and craving salt in mounds.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

Today is my 10th wedding anniversary. My husband and I decided to go to lunch to Celebrate since we would be kid-free all day. I wanted to plan ahead so I looked over some menus online. We decided to go to Applebees and I was going to get the garlic herb chicken off their Weight Watchers menu. Then I decided I REALLY wanted some chicken tenders, so I ended up ordering the chicken tenders basket, with fries. I ate two of the tenders and most of the fries. Oh well. I'm not going to beat myself up about it. It was soooo good too. LOL That was the first time we went out to eat since my surgery, other than fast food a couple of times and pizza once. That is huge for us because we used to eat out at least 3 times a week, often much more, before I had surgery.

Jamie! :lol: Congratulations on your anniversary and thereby your chicken tenders were warranted especially if this was your first trip out of your kitchen! That's the positive..you have been so good NOT to go out so one trip doesn't mean it will be a habit does it? :eek: I'm doomed if it does! :lol:

LilMiss! :) Like you said GF..tomorrow is another day and your optimism is on target again!! You have got it going so well even if you have a little boo boo on the weekend you know what to do to fix it! :thumbup:

Ezma! :huh2: You are the bomb! You are doing so good and my DH agrees! :smile2: I told him of how you are studying all the other tools available on the web and I am impressed..so much so that I told my DH that I'm checking out the site you wrote about.:biggrin2:

ailbhe! :redface: I had the same problem during my 4-8th weeks..that scale would not budge..then when it finally did..it fell 8 pounds..so don't give up! I still catch myself overeating..not listening to my body until it's almost too late and end up with the same experience I see in your written word! :lol: My DH still tells me at every meal I spend with him..chew chew chew and take your time! But I admit..I'm a glutton and he is a marvelous cook! So you had a holiday..now you're back home and can get back into a routine and that may be just what you need to get off that plateau! Just hang in there!! We'll be in your corner!!:thumbup:

RSG! :redface: Way to go..you are getting your exercise down now and sweetie I have to give you credit for being able to identify the drinking while you eat may be the error?? I get so thirsty when I eat..but alas I try not to drink 15 min before and an hour after (which is really really hard)!:scared2: But you are doing so great!!:thumbup:

I just love this forum where you feel a kinship to all because let's face it..we've all been guilty..at least once or twice?? :lol: The main thing is we get right back into the swing of things and press on!!:wink2:

Upward and onward banded soldiers!~

Thank you all. I really needed to see something like this this morning. It's been a struggle recently and I'm hungry all the time. My friend at work who's studying to be a nutritionist says it's cause my metabolism has changed. Yippee? Anyway, this was what I needed to hear to face the day with a "Can Do" attitude.

Queen - you're the best. You're always there with encouragement and optimism for everyone. Thank you.

I also no longer feel restricted. I followed the diet up until I had to puree my meat. I ate it ground instead...which lead to eating what I want by week 6....not over the top, but just about everything I seem to be tolerating. I definately need a fill as I don't feel full anymore. Anyone have similar experiences?? Loss is only 20 lbs total.

Jamie! :) Congratulations on your anniversary and thereby your chicken tenders were warranted especially if this was your first trip out of your kitchen! That's the positive..you have been so good NOT to go out so one trip doesn't mean it will be a habit does it? :thumbup: I'm doomed if it does! :)

Well, that wasn't my first time out completely. I've had McDonald's with my kids a couple of times (I order a grilled chicken without the bun or mayo) and we've had pizza a couple of times. I've always accounted for the calories and adjusted the rest of my day accordingly. I have no idea what the nutritional information was on my chicken tenders though so I just had a normal dinner and decided not to stress over it.

I had my band May 7, I tried to do the pre op diet but I couldn't stand the Opti fast 800, so I decided to just cut back on the Coke until Surgery which helped me lose 4 lbs. before surgery. I did have a big "NO NO" coke 2 wks post band it didn't bother me, but I then drank a few days later lime sherbert punch with sprite well alll I can say I thought I was going to die from the pain and pressure in my chest.

Other than than that I have been eating very small amounts, becauseI had to go back into MD office due to severe back pain and stomach only to find out my band is to tight so she aspirated .5 cc of saline out of band now I have a negative pressure as the MD puts it. I was also told I'm one of the very rare patients that can feel the band.

Biggest problem I'm having is staying hydratred this past week I started vomiting along with dry heaving, and terrible stomach pain and burning. I was admitted to the hospital gave 8 liters of IV fluids and I had a upper GI and I was scoped to make sure everything was OK after vomiting, and all I needed was nexium and hydration.

I find it hard to sip, sip Water, cyrstal light, etc. when all I ever drank was COKE (probably close to a 2 liter a day) I wish now I would have had the will power to stop the COKE, and take a small bite of food and walk away. At least I'm down 20 lbs.