Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

List your lapband confessions here.

Ok I confess.....

Last night instead of going straight to school... That evilness subconcious knocked out my lapband diet angel.....and ...made me

decide to stop at WallyWorld(WalMart)....

for what....for some SUGAR!

sugar free candy that is....hey..hey I know what you are thinking ...it is not as bad as some of these other posts...but calories are calories...no matter what it is that you eat....

(ha! I recognize that today...what about last night....dumb..dumb)

any hoot......I convinced myself I was going in to buy a bag of the sugar free peanut crunch only.....ha.....

I bouth a bag of the sugar free peanut crunch...a bag of the sugar free reese's Peanut Butter cups and a bag of sugar free coffee chews.

So I go back in the car...drive off to school and while driving had about 4 peanut crunch's, 3 Peanut Butter cups and 2 coffee chews....

there went a hard days work of exercising!

Oh...and then I hide the bag and receipt in my bag and left it in the car last night....

after class guess what I was doing...yep ..:teeth_smile:.pucking......

Darn that evil voice for winning......

I was just out of control!

Point is....we are no different than alcoholics...a sip of that drink...is still a drink!:crying:

OK this may not be what you are looking for but this is my confession.

I will be banded for 5 yrs 4/1 I did great the first yr lost 165 lbs but with many struggles I was soooo hungry! all the time!!! All I ever ate was protien shakes h2o and mushy foods I was very disaplined my first yr. well all went to heck in a handbasket and started to eat anything I could get down I was just hungry sad to say everything BAD for me ie. Cookies shakes, ice cream...... need I say more? thank God I maintaied my weight but now I have been slowly going back up. and I should tell you in these past 5 yrs I got out of a relationship and into a good one and married, and had a baby a year ago. and gained NO weight during my pregnecy!!! for a first time! well now I just can"t seem to get back on the wagon. I tried I go to meetings and talked to my band DR. because I cant eat anything good for me, meat is out of the question. no matter how much I chew. raw veggies, fruit... all plugs me I can't even eat yogart with chunks in it. I just want to eat a salad with onions, peas baco bits and ranch, and HO how I LONG for a roast beef sandwich w/ cheese, lettuse and mayo on whole wheat bread. my to fave things I havent had in 5 long years! I really am thinking about having my band either removed and have a bypass or try it with drained all the way I have a 4cc band and when I got pregnant I had my fill taken down to 2cc from a 3.5cc and I cant tell any difference between the two so I don't know if nothing will help. sorry this was so long but this is what I have been doing the last 4 yrs eating nothing but junk! junk! junk! as I'm eating M&M's now :crying: I'm hungry!

Have you had an x-ray? That would seem to me the best first step to see if your band has slipped or eroded. The raw veggies might be tough to get down, but you should be able to eat yogurt. I would think a follow up visit with your surgeon is in order.

But I have to admit, last week, I bought Reese's eggs for.....well for me, but I tell people it was for my kids. Anyway, I ate one, really slow. Then I ate another. Then I hid it in my van. The next morning, I ate three of them. Thankfully, my son found them and put me out of my misery by eating the rest with his friends.

Michelle that is hilarious, I work in a hospital and made the mistake of going to the gift shop, well lo and behold they have Ziff's Peanut Butter eggs for Easter...well GOOD LORD now I'm addicted to those bad boys, so smooth, so creamy, and again just like a milky way if you leave it in your mouth long enough it becomes a liquid--so in my head I'm sticking to the program:w00t:

Boy oh boy will I ever learn???:crying:

Oh and just in case anyone is wondering about the alcohol thing, I drank two mango martini's last nite and was three sheets to the wind. I'm definately going to be saving money on my bar and fast food tab.

Oh man did this thread make me laugh! I was very curious to see what others are doing in the face of HUNGER! Of course everyone will cheat to some degree. I too have had some rather hungry moments... when I tell those near me "to stay away... You look like a steak to me right now!" I am still losing weight even though I've yet to be filled, but I've stepped up my exercise to twice a day on the exercise bike for an hour per session. I expend according to the digital readout 350 calories per workout. When I cheat I'm trying to cheat with Protein and cheese.These really fill me up. So I know I'm eating more than is recommended, I think at least I'm not eating sugar or sweets. I have cheated by eating pretzels at work when I was starving and didn't have any snack with me and I grabbed a hanfull of trailmix with M&M's in it another time. These were still in my freezer from before surgery. I then threw them away so I wouldn't be tempted in the near future. I'm really surprised at my will power during this whole process... I have the least amount of will power of anybody I know, but I'm managing to be consistent with my exercise and fairly consistent with my diet. The first month I think is the hardest as everybody is adapting to the new routine and hunger feelings and food soothing issues. This web site has helped a ton! Keep with it... you'll love yourself more and you will succeed. Lots of people have and are doing so right now! Great Thread!

Do we really have to use the word "cheat"? I HATE that word in conjunction with diet!! Hell, I hate the word "diet". I prefer the "everything in moderation" motto. I had two glasses of wine last night. SO WHAT?!! I didn't punish myself by feeling guilty. What good would that do? I also jogged for 45 minutes and had 2 Protein drinks and a small chicken breast. Should I jump up and down and say "yay, I made good choices...hang a star on me!!

My PCP told me if I adhere to the 80/20 rule, meaning eat well 80% of the time and exercise, I should do fine. Just my 2 cents......moderation seems to be the key for me, and it is certainly something I didn't practice prior to the band!! :tongue:

Another thought,

It seems everybody does their eating and exercise a bit different than the next person. I agree there is no one right way to follow the WLS program. I read on this web site the point is to stick with it..... either step up the exercise or eat a little less and the weight will come off. I'm really trying to find the right food combination which will allow me to lose the weight and be healthy in the long run..I am very serious about keeping this weight off permanently.

Do we really have to use the word "cheat"? I HATE that word in conjunction with diet!! Hell, I hate the word "diet". I prefer the "everything in moderation" motto. I had two glasses of wine last night. SO WHAT?!! I didn't punish myself by feeling guilty. What good would that do? I also jogged for 45 minutes and had 2 Protein drinks and a small chicken breast. Should I jump up and down and say "yay, I made good choices...hang a star on me!!

My PCP told me if I adhere to the 80/20 rule, meaning eat well 80% of the time and exercise, I should do fine. Just my 2 cents......moderation seems to be the key for me, and it is certainly something I didn't practice prior to the band!! :tea:

That is my philosophy on this whole thing. I CANNOT stick to something if I feel like I am denying myself. I don't plan to cut out anything unless it makes me sick. I'll just eat less of it. Of course, that's after my initial pre-op period, because I am sticking to that. I am terrified of band slippage or something getting messed up. I also hate puking. I did, with dr permission, start mushies a little early (yesterday as opposed to Monday) but I'm only doing the mushiest, almost liquids right now. Even when I do "cheat" (and I hate that term also), I won't let myself feel guilty. If I wasn't a compulsive overeater food addict, I wouldn't be here right now.

Now, I will say, this has been the hardest time of my life. I am a full-fledged food addict and I miss food soooo bad. The other day, I wanted to lick saltines with my broth because I was too scared to eat one. Today, I actually did lick my daughter's McDonald's cheeseburger patty (well mostly because I was teasing my kids, but yuuuuummmmy). I felt really desperate a couple of days ago and just wanted to give up, eat and tell my doctor to take the band out. I have serious health issues, including sleep apnea, PCOS, high BP, and a weight related surgery trauma (not during my band surgery, a past one). I HAVE to lose weight. I started at 350 and I'm 5'6. Today, I was 328. I know that I may always be on the heavy side...I'd be happy to be under 250 because when I was I had no co-morbidities and had energy and felt good.

Jaime I agree with you, that is why I am hoping the tool of the lapband works for me. I eat large portions, dont tend to graze too much. Where I see thees. lapbanding helping is either I vomit, which I totally detest, the food or I eat smaller amount. The excerise isnt an issue either for me. ust keeping the weight off is.

Jaime I agree with you, that is why I am hoping the tool of the lapband works for me. I eat large portions, dont tend to graze too much. Where I see thees. lapbanding helping is either I vomit, which I totally detest, the food or I eat smaller amount. The excerise isnt an issue either for me. ust keeping the weight off is.

I'm not a grazer, either. I eat huge meals, when I eat, which would be like 2 times a day. I had a really bad habit of not eating Breakfast then I would be starving by lunch. I also used to eat a lot late at night. Now I'm making a point of getting up and eating right away, even just a carnation instant Breakfast.< /p>

ok ok confession!... well yesterday at work we had a "nacho" buffet basically we laid out all the toppings to a deluxe nachos.. man you guys should have seen some of this people's plates.. super loaded!! well I was like "ok the chips are soaked in cheese and chilli if I take a bite I should be ok. Figured it was soft enough to swallow ok.. yeah right!. ONE bite my but!.. I ended up eating a plate of it.. totally forgetting about the band and then it happened! PAIN!!!.. I felt so bad! I was sweating and sliming all over the place!!

BUT damn were those nachos GOOOD!!!

HUGZ!

OMG, nachos would do me in. So when can we have chips again? LOL

So today i was feeling all hungry(the urge came back this past Wednesday) I ate FRIED CHICKEN!! I can rationalize it and say it was just one chicken leg, but that just led me to wanting more! DAMMIT! At first I was annoyed at me but then I realized I stuck to that mushy mess for 2 weeks faithfully one piece of chicken I can shake off and get back on the BAND WAGON.

Tomorrow im back on track.

Good luck everyone

OK here goes........

I had one ice cream (low fat) on day 4 as we were out and I couldn't find anywhere that served Soup (and I DID try)

I had half a twix stick because I was dying for some chocolate.

I had half a milkshake.

I had an oat bar which hurt when I ate a bite so I didn't eat it.

And I had 2 chips (french fries).

It looks awful when I write it down. Not even 2 weeks post op. It didn't feel that bad when i was doing it but now that I've seen it written down I'll be more careful.