Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies Bandiversary Month

I'M OFFICIALLY IN ONE-LANDER AS OF THIS MORNING !!!! YAY!!!:biggrin:

Jeni

We are step in step with each other Chica!

I saw 199.0 too this morning!

I'm so happy!

Congrads on getting below 200!

I've pumped up my exercise the last 2 weeks and started to re-think my menu...still haven't seen the scale move any...I want to be to goal (around 130) by my 40th birthday..August 16th...that's around 20 lbs in 20 weeks..I CAN do this!

Hello Marchies!!!

I am soooooo loving my band. I have stuck to my workout plan and the weight is steadily coming off. Looking back at this last year I can honestly say it has been the best year of my life. I am blooming and loving and appreciating my self so much, and I think others are starting to also (LOL). I use to joke with my gorgeous sister and I would say that I was invisible. I seems that people are starting to recognize me these days (LOL). I have so much energy and I am living life and not just watching others enjoy it. I hope this journey is going great for everyone!!!!

Congrads on getting below 200!

I've pumped up my exercise the last 2 weeks and started to re-think my menu...still haven't seen the scale move any...I want to be to goal (around 130) by my 40th birthday..August 16th...that's around 20 lbs in 20 weeks..I CAN do this!

That is absolutely doable!

Don't get discouraged if the scale doesn't move right away. It will!

Are you eating lean Protein? I got into the hamburger habit, because it goes down easily, but it's not lean...

Woot Woot Year Number Two with the band!

I went to the Marchies 08 thread to give a little shout out. It's amazing that we were living thier lives just a year ago. It's some powerful reading if you need to get motivated go and read. Wow.

Weighed in at Curves today - 198.4 pounds! I have lost 117.1 pounds and of that 87 pounds of body fat and 67 inches. Can't wait to see what the next year brings! I will Celebrate my bandiversary on 3/29/08.:thumbup:

Jeni

We are step in step with each other Chica!

I saw 199.0 too this morning!

I'm so happy!

:welldone2:LOL!!! Thats awesome... I was happy to see that we both got there at the same time...:huggie: I was wondering am i the only one who cant wipe off this cheesey grin off my face all day??

:w00t::laugh::blush::cool2::thumbup::thumbup::lol::biggrin::smile: :thumbup::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_shocked::success1::waytogo:

Edited by Jeni 85

Hi All,

I too can't believe it's been a year aleady! It's been a great ride but the last few months have been rough. I have been going up and down the same 4-5 pounds for four months now and it's just so frustrating.

I started out at 338 and am now at 261 - a total of 77 pounds lost since surgery on March 6th 2007. I'm really thrilled with this loss, but I've only lost 3-5 pounds since November. I guess my frustration comes from the fact that I'm so far from my goal weight (150-180) and am losing faith that I can really get there.

I'm glad I came back to follow-up on all of your progress - it's been awhile since I've been to the site and you're all doing great. I'm inspired by your progress and need to get my weight loss moving again. Just sitting here reading your posts has made me choose a bottle of Water right now instead of my usual night-time snack of low cal/sugar ice cream.

Thanks to all for your inspiration!

Hilari

Banded 3/6/07

Dr. Powers, Long Island NY

WTG, everyone!

Jeni and Juli--wow, welcome to Onderland! Woo hoo! :Dancing_shocked:

ThickChick, how did your mammo go today? :thumbup:

Mine was interesting, what I thought was a big cyst is really a GIANT calcified thing, most likely fat necrosis that calcified from either my breast reduction several years ago or from more recent trauma (not that I can think of any). It is HIGHLY unlikely that it is cancer, but I will be referred to a breast surgeon for any further recommendations. It's about the size of a golf ball so if it's not cancer I'm not sure I want it removed. It will leave a huge hole. Anyway, that is the latest update there. I hope it went well for you in Texas!

On a better note, I hit the 170s yesterday, at 178.8. Nice! And I was able to run for 20 minutes without stopping on the treadmill. When I started running a month ago, I could only do 5 minutes at a time. I'm way excited about that.

Glad to hear people's scales are moving and things are going well!

Thanks Gwen:w00t:

alaverde lala jeni & juli....holy crap! you all have something to be proud of..what a great weight loss over the last year.

I'm with hiliraous...haven't done much this winter, but stepping it up and hoping to see results soon. I LOVE salmon, that is my all time favorite Protein, cottage cheese and tuna is good too.

gkeyt..what a great job with the running. I've been trying, I can run about 1 1/2 minutes on my treadmill, or when I walk at the indoor ice rink, I can usually run 3/4 of the way around..How did you build up your stamina?

My problem is I can't get enough oxygen and i'm huffing & puffing.

I have short legs and 4.3 mph on the treadmill is running for me.

I'm really proud of everyone here...keep up the good work

Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

I've been trying, I can run about 1 1/2 minutes on my treadmill, or when I walk at the indoor ice rink, I can usually run 3/4 of the way around..How did you build up your stamina?

My problem is I can't get enough oxygen and i'm huffing & puffing.

I have short legs and 4.3 mph on the treadmill is running for me.

Well, first I walked for a long time. I kept trying to go faster and faster (over about a year) on the treadmill, at an incline, until finally I sort of felt like running, like I would get the urge to start running when I was walking at a brisk pace.

So eventually I got up the courage to start running, when I was alone in the gym. LOL. I could only run for about 3 minutes at a time at first. I did that in intervals--run 3 minutes, then walk for 5, then run again, etc. I did a total of 45 minutes but only about 10 minutes was running at first. I worked that up to about 15 minutes of running before I read this article:

How To Start a Running Program

about how to do this. It told me that I was basically training too hard, because my heart rate would get up to about 172! (that's not as crazy for me as it sounds, but it is too hard) So I slowed down, got a heart rate monitor, and figured out my training zone, which is a HR range of 145-165. Now I stop when I get higher than 166 or so, and over the past month that time has improved greatly so I can actually run 20 minutes straight on a good day. (Today I could only do 11 minutes straight, though. :() The HRM has been a huge help.

BTW, because my resting heart rate is relatively high, I used a method for figuring out my training heart rate zone that takes resting heart rate into account. Here's a good article that describes it:

How to Calculate Your Target Heart Rate - wikiHow

Hope this helps! I used to HATE to run until I figured out that I needed to slow down. Yep, I am a slow runner, but I can actually do it and I don't want to die--I actually look forward to it! Amazing. Good luck! :embaressed_smile: