Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Exercise Challenge

Today went much better. Thanks for the comments. After I left work yesterday, I was mentally drained.

Today I'm working the late day shift, so I went in to the gym this morning (late because DD got up @ 0415 throwing up:frown:. DW spent the day with her). I was able to get my upper body and 85 minutes of cardio in.

One thing I've learned is that the first day back to lifting after my non lift/recupe week off SUCKS. Almost feels like I've been off lifting for months. I can handle the weight easy enough, just feels heavy. Oh well, I'll get it back.

Glad you are feeling better, CERADAD! Is your daughter feeling better this evening, I hope, also? And you still got your workout in...what a trooper!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was chest day for me, and it went really L-O-N-G. We worked out for about two hours and 15 minutes...I'm wiped out. But there was three of us today, so that makes it a little longer anyhow. Time for a shower and relax!

Thanks Stef. By the time I got home, DD was doing better. Sounds like DW is going to keep her from daycare this morning and then drop her off at kindergarten this afternoon. Seems like it was only a 24 hr bug, thank goodness.

Got my cardio in this morning. 65 minutes on elliptical for 5.26 miles and 1087 calories. Lower body this evening.

OMG, DADDY! Sold the blue beauty before having the replacement?!?!? You're better than I! I could not be without a motorcycle! I want a Super Glide so bad, I can taste it! I like my Softtail, but really jonesing for the Super Glide I eyeballed last year in the showroom. Such a sweet ride!

What kind of motorcycle do you want next?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I went for a bike ride...32 miles today. Going again tomorrow, I hope!

I after either a Kawaski Ninja 650 or a Yamaha FZ6...im just not a cruiser guy (A huge sin in the state where Harley started!)

I forgot to tell you i dropped by bicycle off on Sat and got a bunch of assc's on it and a spring tune up...should pick it up when i get back.

been 5k running every other day to get ready for my first big run in April.

Where'd everybody go? I'm off work for 2 days and this thread kind of dies.:shades_smile:

So, Tuesday night I did my leg workout, still feeling it.

Wednesday, non lifting day and off from work, so here is what I did:

Swim-6 laps

Bike-55 minutes for 16.5 miles and 747 calories.

Treadmill-Ran 3.1 miles straight, then walked .7 miles in 45 minutes. Total-3.8 miles and 755 calories.

Elliptical-35 minutes for 2.7 miles and 552 calories.

Thursday, upper body again followed by 65 minutes on elliptical for 5.22 miles and 1080 calories.

Working the early day shift today, so I will get both workouts in this afternoon. I was going to get up early to walk my dog, but it's snowing again :success1:, so no go there.

OMG...I'm sucking at posting! I just looked back and I haven't posted since the 17th...Monday! That's horrible! That's the bad side of hubby being home for a few weeks. But the ONLY bad side! LOL He left to go back offshore yesterday. :smile: But I'll have a little more time to post.

Okay...

Tuesday was legs for two full hours.

Wednesday was shoulders for 45 minutes. My workout partner royally pissed me off and I walked out after cussing him out. I still can't believe we got into a fight.

Thursday was biceps and triceps for an hour. Hey, it doesn't take as long when I work out by myself! LOL

Today, Friday, was back for an hour. Same reason.

I don't like working out by myself...too many people try to start conversations with me when I'm alone. My workout partner is a big scary-lookin' dude and no one bothers us! LOL

Sorry, CERADAD! I won't make you "carry" the thread all alone!
:(
I miss everybody else, too! Where'd you guys go?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DADDY - Too funny about the cruiser comment! We are total opposites there! You're not a cruiser type, and I'm not a "crotch rocket" type! Reminds me of a movie...ever see the movie "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" with Don Johnson and Mickey Rourke? If not, you should! I even have a pair of roper boots that my mom got me in 1984 that I have had re-soled I don't know how many times because I love them! I wore them today, as a matter of fact! (That relates to the movie of sorts, so now you have to see it if you haven't!) So now you have two nicknames...1)Daddy and 2)Marlboro Man! (I'm Harley, ya know! :cheers2:)

And just as an aside...regular doc gives me great news today...who the heck finds out they are diabetic AFTER banding and losing most of their weight?!?!? This is really messed up.

Stef, you were diabetic before you were banded and doc didn't tell you? Okay I was confused. Diabetes is so scarry. I knew I would get it if I wouldn't have had the band. I may have already been and just didn't know it. I was one who had the Gestational Diabetes, so I knew I would get it. I can't really imagine how hard I was on my body, being at my highest. *Okay so I have to chime in on the bike thing. My dad used to have Harley's my whole life. Not sure I could ever ride on the back of a sports bike. There is just something about the sound of a Harley. I can still close my eyes and remember the sound.

I am back...After a hard week of finals, it's over...Thank you God! I worked my butt off, got the grades, and I am off to clinicals. I am going with one of my friends to go scrub shopping!! I am so siked...Anyways I am off all week after Monday's training and I so plan to be at that gym.

Easter is killing me, since I still have the little ones...Uggghhh candy all over my house...I did get only small baskets this year even for my kids. I did a few more toys than chocolate, but I had to buy them a little..They will get like three baskets so, I don't want to over do it.. Okay so I am not sure if I am hitting the gym today or not. Daughter was sick with the stomach flu, and we still seem to be having a small fever, but hey I won't complain because I have all week off.

Okay well I just wanted to write in and say, "HI". Hope your all having great workouts. I will write in after I work out.

Steph: I'm sorry to hear about your diabetes! I was borderline for a while (after the band) and the doc put me on Metformin anyway. I found that it controlled my sweet tooth. I guess because it regulates your insulin. Anyway, maybe the meds will help your weight loss and then you can go off them? That's what happened to me. Just trying to look for the silver lining... I wish you the best.

Wow..Steff...hope your ok!!1 thats really a big deal....yeah the whole anti crusier in me is the Eurpoean shinning through i guess..:thumbdown:

I miss you JESS!..dont worry ill be posting in full force this week.

OK HUGE deal for me...today 298!!!!!!!!!!!!! Below 300. at this rate im gona do 200lbs in 12 months.

Oh no...sorry to be confusing! I never was one to really go to the doctor unless I had lost a limb or something! LOL So I have this new doc...LOVE HIM...and he ran every test known to man because I basically have NO medical history to speak of. I went yesterday for my follow up to my new patient consult...get the test results, etcetera. That's when I find out I have the best cholesterol panel he's ever seen, my cardio test is amazing, everything is phenomenal...and then there's this little glucose/insulin thing. Jeez. I was gestational diabetic with both my pregnancies, like you, Jess. But my kids are sixteen and nineteen! He said I've likely been diabetic for some time and didn't know it. We're hopeful that it will reverse itself with medication and weight loss, as you said, Karey. Thanks for the well wishes from you, too, Marlboro! <wink> Thanks to all...I'm really not that worried about it...I just thought the timing was a real kick in the pants. I have every confidence it will reverse. I AM DETERMINED! :thumbdown:

I miss you, too, Jess! And I'm glad you peeked in, Karey! Now we need Ceradad, and Suzzzie, and JM...and everyone!

Hey, Daddy...I don't care what you ride, as long as you ride! (No inuendos, today! :)) Bikes are awesome! But the MOST AWESOME THING IS YOU! Under 300! I have never heard of a bandster losing as much as you in the first year! You are tops! I'm so impressed!

Edited by TexasFire67

Hey, Daddy...I don't what you ride, as long as you ride! (No inuendos, today! :thumbdown:) Bikes are awesome! But the MOST AWESOME THING IS YOU! Under 300! I have never heard of a bandster losing as much as you in the first year! You are tops! I'm so impressed!

Hey Thanks!!! That means so much coming from a pro like you!!!

Im getting my reg bicycle back from the shop next week and i cant wait to ride outside. for now i will just keep hitting the spin class.

Another weird thing will be looking for a wet suit if i decide to do the triathlon this yeat.

How funny! I was just reading up on wetsuits today! Go check out Slow Fat Triathlete for hilarious inspiration! Yes, that's right...Slow Fat Triathlete! She is funny...be sure to read the story about putting on her wetsuit for the first time! There's not a lot of "meat" to this website, but it does give pointers in different directions for tris and it gives you confidence that you can do your first tri. I'm going to check out her book, by the same name, at Barnes & Noble and figure out if I want to buy it.

IT'S OFFICIAL! I start running tomorrow! The guy who lives next door (other side...not the pervert) and the guy on the other side of him...they are starting running tomorrow and invited me along. I said I would TRY to run, but no promises yet! I wish ANY of the girls (the wives) were going, but they won't. At any rate, I hope I find that I CAN run and I get hooked on that, too! LOL After that, I'll need to find a pool to train in, as my gym doesn't have one. My pool is a "play" pool and won't do at all.

Happy Easter everybody!

And OH! Went 24 miles on my bike today! (Can't wait to start hearing about your rides, Daddy!)

Hi everyone. Glad to see everyone back again. I got a little lonely last Friday on here.:wub:

Friday afternoon I did both lower body and cardio at the same time.

Saturday morning I went in and did 2 hrs on the elliptical for 2100 calories and 10.5 miles.

Sunday, because of Easter, no workout.:)

This morning I did 65 minutes on the elliptical again for 5.35 miles and 1100 calories. Upper body tonight.

Stef, sorry to hear about the diabetes. You're right, that's messed up.

Steff...thanks i checked her out. Be careful on the running.! Im begging you to try the couch to 5k program! I think its awesome you will be running but running with two other people? im worried they are going to burn you out super fast.

Now i know your super fit so you could start it at week 3 or something. But so many new runners give up early because they start with too much.

Ill come and do swim laps with you in the blow up kiddie pool. (ahh geez that sounds like one of your neighbours)