Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Exercise Challenge

Yeah, I'm definitely going to start C25K tonight, but you may be right...they might burn me out. Plus one of them is bringing their lab to run with us, so he is probably WAY more conditioned for it than I am.

I don't know...I think I would rather do it alone. I'm too much of a loner, but what can I say?

LOL It's not a blowup pool, goofy! It's in ground, but no deep end...called a play pool. My neighborhood has postage stamp sized yards...main reason we bought here...hate yardwork. So the pool is only about 40 feet long...maybe not even that. But you can come swim laps with me anytime...you perv, you! :wink:

Okay, I feel like an idiot because I can't figure this out...

Any tips on getting podcasts onto my IPOD? This is what I'm trying to get onto it (I use ITUNES):

Podcast running jogging walking training injury injuries

Podcasts

Ok, upper body last night. Went decently. Reps were 9 for each exercise, so it is switching from strength only to endurance as well.

This morning was another 65 minutes on the elliptical for 5.38 miles and 1105 calories. Back in tonight for lower body.

Still looking for a decent road bike so I can start off with biking outdoors as soon as the snow melts and it gets a little warmer.

Steff.

Sorry no clue on the podcasts. I cant stand my daughters IPOD and i just hate itunes. I stick with an MP3 player. I know there is a place on the i pod for podcasts.

Yeah i think you will do MUCH better running alone for now! Set your own pace.

Thats funny about the pool. I was imaging doing laps in my daughter 'Wiggles' pool.

I too can not stand yard work. In fact i just signed up for a maintenance plan to have a company do it all this year (how lazy am i?). My wife LOVES a perfect yard but i just dont have the heart to spend hours every week on it. And we are both full time now.

BTw..I loved that wet suit article! LOL

Good job Ceradad!

Today:

45 min run (4miles)

10 min walk

20 min swim.

Okay all hit the gym last night. I did pretty well even though I didn't feel so hot...Elliptical for 30 minutes, and strength training, Zumba class. Okay so I am back at home today with a sore throat...Whats up with that, trying not to get discouraged but I went to the doc because I don't want to be sick during clinicals. Then since no infection just sore throat and red ear tubes, I get no meds just ibuprofen, which I can't take...Ugggghhh, I am trying to be positive but gee whiz....Okay I hope your workouts are going good...Okay it looks like a missed a lot of posts!!! I hope your all having a great week! On a brighter note the sun is shining in OHIO!!! LOL!

Yeahhhhhhhhhh for Jess!

Sorry you not feeling so good again! geez your poor lady, werent you just sick a short time ago? i know Clinical is tough too, my daughter tells me all about it.

The Sun is shinning here too...but tomorrow and Fri snow is predicted. Dang it.

Im on the road again on Sunday...Lovely Pittsburg this time.

My gosh! All you people with snow still! I planted hot weather annuals today in the flower beds at one of my for-sale houses! I know we get hot here, but I couldn't take all that cold! BRRRRRRRR!

I forgot to post my workout again yesterday...what's up with me? I think my mind might be on overload right now, but of course I'm Super Woman and nothing affects me, right? Ha...right.

Yesterday was biceps and triceps for about an hour. My workout partner had to leave early, so we shortened it up a bit.

Today was chest for about an hour and a half. I wish, wish, WISH I could increase my bench press more than I am! When I can do my body weight, I'll be happy! :biggrin2:

On the other hand, I am starting to really "lean out" in some places, shoulders and biceps being most affected so far, so the focus on them is paying off some. It's amazing to be able to really see the muscle I've put on without that fat layer over it so much! Now my focus area will be my upper back for a bit while maintaining the rest. This is REALLY HARD and painfully slow for women.

Stef, it sounds like you pretty close to Super Woman! You go girl, it sounds like your making awesome progress!!!

Whosyadaddy- My daughter was sick all weekend, so I guess it's my turn now...Yuck! I hear I am going to be running to a lot of codes for clinicals, so yeah I am a little scared, but I am way better hands on learning verses book learning. Okay take care!!

Stef:- you are superwoman! it is meant to hit a crazy heat wave high of 40F today. Wow. Hope it lasts.

Jess:- Hope u get pretty as quickly as possible. i got to find a place i can buy Fuze by the create.

Weight lifted 45mins

Spin Class 45 mins

today.

I must be getting fitter as there was a new lady in spin today and she about died in there. She was skinny and looking at me like 'how the heck can YOU do this?' LOL.

Thanks, guys and gals! I love you folks!

Daddy, glad to hear about your "heat wave"...<chortle>. Yeah, break out the shorts and sunscreen, dude! :thumbup:

Jess, I hope you get to feeling fantastic very soon! And good luck with your school! You'll do great!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was something different...we did legs then an ab workout. We NEVER work abs. I always do them on my own. It was cool, though. I've never done standard crunches on a slant board....WOW. That was hard! He set the incline on the steepest grade, of course! Six sets of those and then six sets of knee raises. Never done knee raises before, either. Very cool. I'm so sore this evening. I love it! I've got new moves!

And for those of you who run or cycle...here is an invaluable item. These guys are pretty funny, too, as you will see. I've included the whole email:

Hello Stefanie:

Thank you, again, for your recent Road ID Order (Order # xxxxxx-xxxxx). You have made a very wise investment in your safety and peace of mind - it's quite obvious that you are a highly intelligent individual.

We are thrilled to have you as a customer and hope that we can count on you to spread the word about Road ID. In fact, to make it fun to spread the word, we created a unique coupon for you pass along to your friends! Here's the coupon number:

Coupon Number: ThanksStefanie359657

This coupon is good for $1 off any Road ID order. It can be used up to 20 times in the next 30 days.

To make things even easier, we wrote a sample email that you can forward to your buddies. You can find the sample email below.

Thanks again for spreading the word about Road ID.

Be safe out there,

Edward Wimmer

Co-Owner

800-345-6336

SAMPLE EMAIL: Feel free to copy the following text and paste it into a new email to your friends.

**********Begin Sample Email**********

Hey Everyone,

I just ordered one of the best products ever. It's called a Road ID - perhaps you've heard of it. If you haven't, go to their website and check it out. Road ID is a great product that could save your life someday.

When I ordered, they gave me a coupon that I could pass along to my friends. Here's the coupon number:

Coupon Number: ThanksStefanie359657

The coupon is good for $1 off any Road ID order placed by 04/26/2008. To order, simply go to
or click the link below:

If you prefer, you can call them at 800-345-6335.

You can thank me later,

Stefanie Stanphill

Oh by the way, their website is awesome, the customer service is outstanding, and the owners are very smart and good looking.

**********END Sample Email**********

Okay...NOW where did everyone go? :blush:

Today woke up sore as &^%*!!!!! Did a TON of landscaping yesterday and my legs are so sore from all the stooping, crouching, getting up, kneeling down...ant bites on my hands....arms sore from digging so many holes for flowers (somewhere between 150-200!!!). So anyhow, I slept in this morning...took it easy before going to work out. Felt better after moving around..."note to self", right? But this evening I've been sitting around and now I'm sore again! UGH!

Today was back day...went real heavy again. Boy, I need to make myself do that more days than not! It feels great! Plus we are adding abs in every day now, so I'm glad for that. I was real sore from yesterday (first hard ab day) so I couldn't do quite as much today, but I made myself do three sets of crunches and three sets of knee raises....gotta get broken in...can't quit!

Tomorrow I'm not going to the gym! Can you believe it? I have GOT to get another long ride under my belt, so I'm going tomorrow. I hope to cycle at least 60 miles tomorrow...80 would be optimal. Then I want to do the same on Saturday and Sunday if the weather holds. I hope it does! My big ride is rapidly approaching!

Sorry, off on Wed and SWAT training yesterday. Then, off to monthly appt.

So...Wed., I did 2 hrs 10 minutes of cardio. Breakdown was: 65 min. in elliptical for 1105 calories/5.38 miles. Treadmill for 40 minutes (ran 1.85 miles @ 5.5 mph/1% incline, walked .25 mile @ 4 mph/1% incl, ran 1 mile @ 5.5/0 incl, walked .42 mile @ 4 mph/2% incl) for 700 calories and 3.52 miles. Another 25 minutes on elliptical for 2.1 miles and 430 calories

Totals-11 miles and 2130 calories.

Thur. morning was 65 minutes on elliptical for 1110 calories and 5.38 miles. Last night, upper body workout w/10 reps per exercise. Feeling a little sluggish on weightlifting. Don't think I am getting enough Protein. Going to get some Muscle Milk today after work before doing legs and cardio as I am working early day shift today.

Sidenote: (Stef, you'll love this one) I stopped off at a local bike shop on Wed. They stopped carrying Giant bikes last year and had a closeout on them. The one I wanted was normally btwn $500-600. closeout was for less than $400. They only had one in their entire system that was in my size left. It was put on a truck and at the store I went to by yesterday. Lucked out. Here is a pic of my new bike:

giant_fcr3_07_m.jpg

Considered a fitness bike, so I can do my sprint triathlons on it. Took it for a quick 2 mile ride as soon as I got home from working out. Could have done much more, but it was only in the upper 30's and I was in shorts and no gloves. Already got a riding partner from my softball team. He is more into it and wants to do a 50 mile roundtrip trail when it gets warm, so I'm going to have to get going on training for it.

Wow! That's amazing, Ceradad! Giant is a great bike. I need a triathalon bike before the end of the year...I wonder if Giant makes them? Dunno. I'm so "stuck" on Specialized, though! I'm not typically a brand-conscious person on anything except for purses (Coach) and boots (Justin Ropers), but Specialized seems to fit me so well that I am a huge fan now.

Did they put your bike on the trainer and fit you to it, Ceradad? If not, you will want to do that. It will make a HUGE difference in how long you can stay in the saddle and still be able to walk! LOL