Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Exercise Challenge

I know i should take english! look at my pitiful spelling.

Too funny! :drool:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I couldn't take it any longer...I went for an unfill today. My fill was a full CC last time, three weeks ago and I lost 17 pounds in that time. I haven't been able to eat much of anything. I tried to be a trooper, but it was really starting to piss me off. Then when hubby and I were at Olive Garden last night and I couldn't eat Soup?!?!? Oh no! I left a message and got in today. She took out .4 CC and I went to Jason's Deli tonight. IT FELT SO GOOD TO ACTUALLY EAT SOMETHING! I couldn't eat very much at all, of course, but I didn't get stuck on the first bite, either. It was awesome! I feel so much better now.

Hey all I just wanted to check in...Had a long orientation day..I got good news, I thought I did so bad on my final today, and my teacher didn't score to of my questions right and then she ended up giving us like two points. Then I took my last quiz today and I got two points higher than before!!! I was so happy! It seems silly, but this Pharmacology class has been kicking my butt!! I know someone upstairs is helping me out because boy I am sure thankful for it!! I went for a walk today.It was like 50 degrees and well that is just awesome, so me and my dog went for a walk. It was a good just to get a little bit of exercise..I was so excited at lunch today, one of the cashiers looked at me and said, "Wow you have really lost weight haven't you, and well that made me feel so good because sometimes I wonder, if I am the only one that sees it!! Okay you all have a good night!!

Whosyadaddy!!! Congrats on the fill!! You are rockin!!!! Stefanie, I can't imagine being overfilled, but I am so glad your feeling better!! It's not worth it if your miserable!! I bet that food was delicious

NY Girl: You will love this thread!

Hi everyone, just checking in. My surgery went well. The muscle repair hurt alot, but I am already able to get up and down by myself and walk straight. I can't tell you how much I think that exercise has helped me recover. Just being able to do a squat and rely on my leg muscles has been a big benefit. Also, don't have that much bruising etc. I think that exercise has made all the difference. Besides the pain from the actual procedures, I think this recover has been easier than the lapband recovery. Keep on exercising. It rocks! Can't wait to get back to the gym! Hopefully, I'll start reporting in April, we'll see what the doc says!

Karey,

I saw your pics!! You look like your doing fabulous! I am so happy for you and I am glad your doing so well..Please keep us posted!! Take care!

Karey-welcome back. Good luck on your continued rehab.

Jess-great news on the tests! Keep it up.

daddy-keep up what you are doing, keeps me inspired seeing your success!:angry_smile:

Stef-sorry about the overfill. Hopefully, with the unfill, things will get back to normal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, now for my update. Yesterday, I was off from work, so I went in the morning to the gym right off and tried my own little indoor triathlon. Swimming went not too good. I ultimately swam for just over 1/4 mile but had to rest for about 30 seconds btwn each lap.:cursing: Knew it was going to be my weak point, just gotta work on it on my off days when I don't lift.

Showered off real quick, hopped on a regular exercise bike, and did 45 minutes on a cross country setting. Made it 12.2 miles in that time.

Hopped off the bike, refilled the Water bottle real quick, and hopped on the treadmill. Ran 1.25 miles @ 5.5 mph, followed by .5 miles @ 5.0 mph, .75 miles @ 5.5 again, .2 miles @ 4.0 mph, and then .4 miles @ 5.5 again. Total of 3.1 miles in about 35 minutes, running almost the entire time. That, to me, was the most impressive. Did not think I would run that much after swim and bike. Figure I burned btwn 1550 and 1600 calories btwn all 3.

Went to my first MN Wild game last night. I don't know much about hockey as I grew up in IA, but had a blast. However, did not get to bed last night until 2300.:cursing: Still got up this morning for cardio. 50 minutes on the elliptical for 4.02 miles and 825 calories.

CERADAD - Thanks for the well-wishes...I am MUCH better now, and still losing. So I am in good shape. It sounds to me like you did just great for your "trial run" triathalon. It's okay to rest, and you will get better. You have come so far in such a short time!

KAREY - Good to hear from you! Keep taking care of yourself and we look forward to you posting regularly when you are all healed up!

DADDY - You're doing great, too! But boy, you seem to get busier and busier...I don't know how you do it. Kudos!

JESS - Great news on the tests! Oh and on your previous comment about no one understanding how important exercise is to you...I know what you mean. I catch "flack" about working out so much, but it makes me happy and it makes me feel good...I'm addicted! So you keep on keeping on with your exercise. Just keep your life in balance and all will be O-TAY!

Oh and on your previous comment about no one understanding how important exercise is to you...I know what you mean. I catch "flack" about working out so much, but it makes me happy and it makes me feel good...I'm addicted!

Absolutely! I find I NEED to exercise or I just don't feel right. On my non lifting weeks, by the end I almost feel as if I am "jonesing" for a lifting workout. Which is one of the main reasons why I put those in every 6 wks. Otherwise, I find I start to get burnt out and find excuses to not go in and workout. I'd rather take a week off and recupe than stop altogether.

Absolutely! I find I NEED to exercise or I just don't feel right. On my non lifting weeks, by the end I almost feel as if I am "jonesing" for a lifting workout. Which is one of the main reasons why I put those in every 6 wks. Otherwise, I find I start to get burnt out and find excuses to not go in and workout. I'd rather take a week off and recupe than stop altogether.

That's great that you have found what works for you. I think there is SOMETHING that will work for everyone if they would just keep at it long enough to find it. The rewards are so great!

Absolutely Stef. The important thing to remember is to just get in their and move. Even if it is walking around your neighborhood. Which, btw, seeing as it is finally getting decent up here, I can start to do with my dog. (Funny sidenote, my german shepherd has always been skinny for a gsd. Now that I have been losing weight, he has gotten fat. Guess I forgot to walk him enough while I've been working on losing weight. Poor guy.:angry_smile:)

But, the important thing for people to remember, is that this lb tool is a triangle. You need the lb, diet and exercise to be truly successful with it. You leave one aspect of it out, and you are not living up to your abilities.

Ok im checking in ...super busy at work trying to get ready for a week away on OHio plus non stop tech support and all the rest of it..

FOund some GOOD info at the y today on local runs and triathlons!!!

There is a 5k to sign up for ...then 2 triathlons this summer and a weird 5krun bike 15miles then 5k run too. i love it... i love events like this...

the tri's are like $50 but i know they have to do alot to get them on.

Cant wait...taking my bike in tomorrow for a tune up...i cant wait to ride her outside.

this morning i ran 4k (had a headache) and swam 1/4mile

daddy....after trying, and failing pretty miserably, to swim 1/4 mile yesterday, if you are swimming even most of 1/4 mile straight my hat goes off to you. Wow! That kicked my butt. My shoulders are a little sore, but my ribs are just now getting much more so.:biggrin:

CreaDad...yeah its weird...swimming doesnt bother me much...i been swimming every other day at least since Aug 07...i almost use it as a cool down after running.

Youll get better at it really fast. Buy good googlees and ear plugs! make it so much better.

Hit the gym today,I worked out on the eliptical for 30 min and strength training. It felt great,but I can't wait for zumba tomorrow...I am hitting the books this weekend pretty hard, but i have to make time for some zumba...Anyways. I am ready to get to Thursday because it is my last final...Thanks all for your support...Ceraded, I agree totally about the triangle. I know I have to change it all... I am hopeful about summer going to look for someone who wants to play tennis...I love early morning games, so I hope to find someone who can go with me...Okay well have a good workout weekend! Thank God it's Friday.