Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Brandy - Congrats on the first 50!! Way to go!

Mom - I feel extremely thirsty on the days I work out the most especially if it's hot or humid out. I have to get better about drinking more Water everyday. If you get to a point where you are thirsty it's too late, you are already dehydrated. The key is to stay hydrated so you don't get thirsty. I'm terrible at this. And if you are working out for 1.5 hours most days, you are going to be hungry sometimes, band or not. You are burning a lot of calories. I'm having a hard time getting everything in during the day. I've really had to re-evaluate my eating because on T/TH I might exercise for almost 3 hours because of my classes being back to back. On those days if I don't eat a little more than normal, I'm so hungry I can barely function. This means getting up earlier so I can eat enough to get through those classes.

Carol - Sheesh! So sorry to hear about your total unfill. Why on earth did your doc fill you so full if he didn't know where you were supposed to be? Maybe it's just me, but that seems excessive and now it's caused a problem. I'd be P-O'd to say the least. Hang in there! You'll be back on track in no time.

Wendy - I think we've all pretty much hit a plateau around 40 pounds. I had to "shake" things up a little to get going again. Of course, now I'm busting my booty in the gym and I gained 1.5 pounds this week! :thumbup: I'm hoping and praying it's because of TOM and next week I'll drop it plus some. Just keep plugging along and it'll start coming off again. I think another problem of mine is that I'm eating too many starchy carbs. I log everything I eat into mydailyplate.com and it's so helpful in showing you what's going on. I don't even realize I'm on carb overload until I see it in black and white.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

Shows you that these things can happen. Who'd think it. The thought that it could go in the sink kills me, but I understand about making waves. Listen, you know the system there and the surgeons so you just have to make it work within perameters you can live with at work.

I have been weirding myself out over a new scale. Mine died. Just died. So, I bought a new one that calibrates too. Trouble is they are a couple of pounds apart. And the doctors scale falls in the middel (and his is the best I"m sure). So, I decided to that it's too much trouble to keep adding 2 pounds everytime a weigh. And I've decided that two pounds is not the issue and every scale can vary so I'm going with the new scale and dropped myself down two pounds. This is really just for me anyway, because the surgeon's is the offical weight. I wish this was adjustable. If I take it back I may find the same with others. My scale did not exactly match the surgeons but at his office there's a variable in what I'm wearing that day. So, I'm throwing caution to the wind and that's that. But a week of thinking about it- LOL.

Wednesday's fill is tight! He said it would be and gave me the option. As I'd gained 2 pounds, I went with it. YIKES. Just getting down hot fluids. Water has always been the hardest to get downand still is. And as I couldn't eat in the mornings before....you can imagine now. So, I continue with fluids only in the AM and will attempt mashed potato with a little fish mashed in for Protein tonight or tomorrow. But I'm not complaining. I have the Jewish Holidays starting in two weeks and so I'd rather be tight and not hit the holiday tables too open.

Congratulations Brandy and everyone on perservance and sticking it out no matter what kind of week you've had.

Thanks everyone for your support. I am most certainly not giving up on this. I am spending a lot of time at the gym and I am still watching my calories. I will not let this beat me!

I am wide open (no fill), but I still can't eat like pre-band. No way. I have restriction without it. I get hungry quicker, but I am going to try to make this work for me until I get refilled. FYI: I made an appointment with another surgeon! Downside is, it's not until October 3rd and it's only a consultation. No fill. But maybe in the meantime my regular guy will fill me and get this thing back on track. I think he owes me that!

I really want to lose a total of 75 pounds by the end of this year. I don't think it's unreasonable, and for a few weeks I was on a roll and starting to really lose. I feel like that would give me a great edge on that mental motivation to be below 200. I want to lose 100 of course by our 'Bandiversary' so I have got to get refilled and back on track!

You guys are awesome and I appreciate you!

~Carol

Thanks everyone for your support. I am most certainly not giving up on this. I am spending a lot of time at the gym and I am still watching my calories. I will not let this beat me!

I am wide open (no fill), but I still can't eat like pre-band. No way. I have restriction without it. I get hungry quicker, but I am going to try to make this work for me until I get refilled. FYI: I made an appointment with another surgeon! Downside is, it's not until October 3rd and it's only a consultation. No fill. But maybe in the meantime my regular guy will fill me and get this thing back on track. I think he owes me that!

I really want to lose a total of 75 pounds by the end of this year. I don't think it's unreasonable, and for a few weeks I was on a roll and starting to really lose. I feel like that would give me a great edge on that mental motivation to be below 200. I want to lose 100 of course by our 'Bandiversary' so I have got to get refilled and back on track!

~Carol

I think you're doing awesome with your weightloss especially given all the issues you have had! You and I have the same starting weight... I was 267 only 2 pound difference, we have lost the same amount 50 pounds, we both have a goal of 75 by the end of the year! You're truely doing marvelous! Keep up the great work. Yes, in the meantime have your current doctor attempt a fill (since he misses the port :thumbup: ) Then go see the new surgeon. Have you joined the last of 2008 challenge? http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/last-2008-weight-loss-challenge-74034/index9.html#post1003114 I did so I have somewhere to record and boast everytime I do finally lose a pound. Lately it's been slow but hopefully it will get moving!

I think you're doing awesome with your weightloss especially given all the issues you have had! You and I have the same starting weight... I was 267 only 2 pound difference, we have lost the same amount 50 pounds, we both have a goal of 75 by the end of the year! You're truely doing marvelous! Keep up the great work. Yes, in the meantime have your current doctor attempt a fill (since he misses the port :cursing: ) Then go see the new surgeon. Have you joined the last of 2008 challenge? http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/last-2008-weight-loss-challenge-74034/index9.html#post1003114 I did so I have somewhere to record and boast everytime I do finally lose a pound. Lately it's been slow but hopefully it will get moving!

Hey girl! Thanks! Yes, we are so close with all that we've accomplished! I am so grateful for my band! I know there have been a few 'speed-bumps' along the way, but you're right, in the end, 50 lbs. is a lot! I could never have done this without the band, so even with all the issues I've had with the fills and this surgeon,:embaressed_smile: I've still lost 50 pounds that I never intend to see again! LOL

I joined the Hallow-Lean challenge, but I will most definitely join the link you posted for me! Thank you! I may not make it, but I'm going down trying!!!

Thank you so much!

~C

~Carol

You know how amazing you are???? With all this aggravation and "false fills", you've lost 50 pounds. That's awesome, Carol. Really really truly. You're gonna fly once you have the next fill.

I'm very restricted. Really can't do anything solid during the day. Today, I tried and brought it all back up. pineapple juice doesn't seem to help. Just tight. So, tonight I try some food- a little filet of sole- very thin and light- and I'll bake a potato. I did that on Friday, and then whacked it to nothing in the blender. Like baby food. I did have a Protein Drink, and if I can get in 35-50 grams of it, I'll be fine. I dropped to 249.5!!! I haven't seen a 4 in the middle for at least 7-8 years, maybe longer.

You know how amazing you are???? With all this aggravation and "false fills", you've lost 50 pounds. That's awesome, Carol. Really really truly. You're gonna fly once you have the next fill.

I'm very restricted. Really can't do anything solid during the day. Today, I tried and brought it all back up. pineapple juice doesn't seem to help. Just tight. So, tonight I try some food- a little filet of sole- very thin and light- and I'll bake a potato. I did that on Friday, and then whacked it to nothing in the blender. Like baby food. I did have a Protein drink, and if I can get in 35-50 grams of it, I'll be fine. I dropped to 249.5!!! I haven't seen a 4 in the middle for at least 7-8 years, maybe longer.

Okay WOW! YOU are the AMAZING ONE! Girl you've lost over 65 pounds!!! I would love to get a peek at what you eat everyday! Are you exercising? Do you journal?

I should journal. I might do a little better if I did, but it gets tedious for me. I get frustrated with the programs (CalorieKing, SparkPeople, etc.) None of them are my favorite. I find I have to put my own stuff in there too much. I don't want to sit at the computer with a label and enter all that info if they don't have it in the list of choices. Or worse, try to figure out the info on a homemade dish! LOL Boy am I lazy.

Maybe journaling really would be good for me...I write stuff on here and ponder over my own thoughts and suddenly have these moments of clarity! LOL:lol:

~Carol

Turler,

Hang in there, you will reach your goal; just keep doing what you've been doing.

All the best,

NeNe

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi everyone! I've been absent lately - a lot of stuff going on. I haven't been the best bandster the past couple of weeks. I honestly think I'm too tight. I tried to eat good healthy high Protein foods this past weekend- I'm PBing mushies - again. I'm eating too much junk. I can keep Soups and liquids down, but can't mushies. I go for a "fill" tomorrow and I think I'm going to get her to take a little out. I think I've gained at least 5 pounds, maybe as much as 10. My scale fluctuates by the hour...shame on me for not getting it seen about sooner. I was hoping it'd improve. I need to get my spirits up and back on track.

How's everyone? I've been gone too long to catch up in an hour or so. I'm swamped at work right now too. Stealing a minute to see about all of you...

Missing all of you - HUGS - L2L

Good morning everyone.

I have a confession :rolleyes2: Saturday I drank way too many bloody mary's and Margaritas :girl_hug: I don't think I had any Water on saturday either... or atleast not much. I woke up sunday bloated like a balloon! I was 9 pounds heavier I must have had alot of salt... so I started drinking tons of Water. I have lost 6 pounds of it but still have 3 more water pounds to get rid of.......

I won't be doing that again.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Good morning everyone.

I have a confession :rolleyes2: Saturday I drank way too many bloody mary's and Margaritas :girl_hug: I don't think I had any Water on saturday either... or atleast not much. I woke up sunday bloated like a balloon! I was 9 pounds heavier I must have had alot of salt... so I started drinking tons of Water. I have lost 6 pounds of it but still have 3 more water pounds to get rid of.......

I won't be doing that again.

9 Pounds - Holy Crap! I would have had to shoot my scale! LOL. Oh Congrats on your 50 pounds!!! You rock girl.

9 Pounds - Holy Crap! I would have had to shoot my scale! LOL. Oh Congrats on your 50 pounds!!! You rock girl.

Yeah it was weird cause it's nowhere near TOM then BAM!!! 9lbs. I could tell that it was Water weight though my skin felt like it was being stretched.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I've been trying to backtrack on reading - finally got a breather and my "morning" work done.

Turler - hun, I'm sorry you are having problems. Lots of hugs being sent your way.

Brandy - LOL - those darned margaritas will getcha every time. My problem is salsa and chips that accompany the magaritas.

gdf - take the scale back and get one you want/can live with. I have a love/hate relationship with my scale. I've been avoiding it lately and really need to men our relationship. We get along so much better when I weigh in daily.

mom - hope you are doing well :-)

Guest Leslie2Lose

Oh I forgot to mention my week from hell. I said earlier I'm too tight...well Tuesday night I went to aerobics class (kicked my bootah good - I needed a good buttkicking). When I was done my workout partner asked if I twisted my ankle. I told her no - looked down and it was the size of a mellon. I've never (not even fat or pregnant) had ankle swelling problems - and only one leg. I freaked out went home and googled every ankle problem in the world. I elevated it (thinking Water weight/weird stuff going on) and it eventually went down.

The next day I was mailing some letters out from work and the words started blurring on me. I stood up and the room started spinning. I thought I was going to pass out. I didn't feel really bad - just weird. I called my doctor and he told me to come in ASAP. He rushed me to get my legs checked for a blood clot. After hours of ultrasound (each vein had to be checked and "photographed" in both of my legs, we found nothing. I was so relieved - I was scared I had a clot in my leg.

I get back to Dr. B and he says he is relieved and wanted to rule out clots. He asked about the meds I was taking. Suggested I may need to get bloodwork done to check my thyroid level (I haven't had it checked in at least two years).

So I call my other doctor and they tell me to come down for bloodwork. I wait - and find out I am now testing hyper. My body is in hyperdrive. The depression, lack of drive, heart racing, swelling, excess hair loss, irrational behavior (poor DH and DDs). I knew I hadn't been feeling right - dummy me didn't think to get my meds checked. The last time I had my level checked I was 65 pounds heavier. I didn't think I'd need to decrease it as my body changed.

Well - after getting the crap scared out of me last week, I'm feeling much better. My meds have been cut in half and I'm feeling more like me.

Now to start logging, exercising and following the rules. The hiatas was nice (though filled with guilt). Time to work again and lose the rest of this weight!