Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Can I too join the April Avengers??? I just got my date too..April 1st...yes!!

That's next week!! I am so excited and scared all at once...

I'll write more later...

Erika in Oregon

Being banded on 4/1/08 by Dr. Tersigni in Coos Bay Oregon

Edited by nortone
oops

Wow, the April Avengers has really grown. Welcome everyone...we will all be on the losers bench together. I think there is at least four of us on the 8th. Keep in touch so we can support one another.

HELLO APRIL AVENGERS!!!!!

I thought I'd pop in here and wish you all well!!!!

This time last year I was EXACTLY where you are now! Man what a difference over the last year.

Get ready for the ride of your lives!!!! Sometimes it will seem slow (like now waiting for surgery) Then it will drag by waiting for your first fill and the ever elusive "sweet spot"

Know that you will make it, through surgery, and bandster hell, and eventually you will be clamped down with the proper level of restriction........ (took me 3 fills for lasting restriction)

You will find out what happens when you eat something too fast, or take too big of a bite..... (lovely pb and slime)

Some of you will be model bandsters and some...... will find your OWN way.. but all of you will find it and learn your particular band....

Feel free to pop in over on the April 07 thread to see where we are all at as our first bandversary approaches!

April 7th for me! Can't wait!! Good luck to all of you. It should be an interesting ride. I am ready, though. I can't wait to walk into any darn store, pick out something and have it fit!!

Congrats Jami! My surgery date is April 7th too. I feel the exact same way. Can wait to lost some weight and go shopping. Time is approaching quickly and I can't seem to find any Protein that I can get down. Have you any luck? Best wishes to ya.

~D

Congrats Jami! My surgery date is April 7th too. I feel the exact same way. Can wait to lost some weight and go shopping. Time is approaching quickly and I can't seem to find any Protein that I can get down. Have you any luck? Best wishes to ya.

~D

Hi DavisD,

have you tried Unjury Protein Powder? You can order it online and get samples to try. I really like it mixed with Hood's Calorie Countdown dairy product and some sugar free Davinci Syrup. It is actually good!

I also like Isopure from GNC - it has no carbs and mixes without lumps and bumps. I also use the Hood's and DaVinci. I normally get vanilla flavored powder and purchased Sugar Free Davinici in banana, strawberry, Orange and Peach to add for flavor. :)

Guest Leslie2Lose

April 10th. I am so excited <<doing the happy dance>>!!! Hoping to join the Avengers. Anyone else on the 10th?

Hey carol422- So hows the LSD going, I had to start yesterday and it SUCKS, but so far so good.....and I'm starving by the end of the day...less than 2 weeks away---CANT BELIEVE IT IS SO CLOSE---Cindy

Hi I am being banded on April 16, 2008, I am so excited! My mind was made up to get the procedure back in Oct 07 but w/my work changing insurance I had to wait. Finally Jan 1 comes and I already started the stuff I needed to complete prior to getting an approval on the new ins carrier. Finally Feb I was approved and date set. I go the first week of April for a visit w/the NP then a day later w/the surgeon and then the nutrition consultation a week after that. Then finally... BAND ME!

Leslie2Lose: Hey girl! I am on the 10th too! YAY for us! I am almost done with my preop appointments. I see the dietician tomorrow and the surgeon on Monday and that is it!! I am so darn excited! How 'bout you?

Welcome everyone! Our April Avengers group is growing!! This is awesome!

~Carol

I will! I am so ready aren't you? I have been at this process for over a year and got approved in Jan this year (long story). April 10th was the earliest surgery date available!!!!! At first I was really bummed and a little mad because I'd already waited so long I just wanted it over with ya know? But know I am fine with it...gave me lots of time to learn and research and be completely ready!

I don't start my preop diet until April 3rd...then it's all liquid baby! Blech.

I am not looking forward to that part at all...heck I worry about getting enough to eat now, I can only imagine how I will feel that whole week! I'm hoping that the hunger will go away a little more each day. :)