Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Alicia,

I am going to Mexico on April 3rd as well! However I am going to Dr. Ortiz inTJ. Good luck to you and keep in touch! We seem to be getting a great April group together!

It's so fun to hear there are other April Avengers out there who want to ride again. When I was a kid, I wanted a horse SO BAD, that's all I thought and dreamt about. Took lessons when I was 21. When when I had daughters, I made sure they had riding lessons...and now we own 2 horses. They ride and show and are wonderful horsewomen (teens). Now they are ready for college in the next year or so, and I am "stuck" w/ two horses! It's so fun to think if I can get down to a reasonable weight, I can ride them! I've never been on either one of them. All these years I've been chief groom and bill payor.. I can't wait till I'm back in the saddle again after all these years! April 9 can't come fast enough! While I won't be doing dressage tests, a few trail rides sounds like heaven!

I am also totally addicted to horses! Since I cant ride right now, my 14 yr old son (the one who picked our name) and I volunteer at a ranch called S.M.A.R.T. Sarasota Manatee Association for Riding Therapy. We do all the work involved in caring for the 17 horses and we lead the horses for disabled/special needs children and adults for therapy lessons. It is so rewarding, we just love it out there! I cant wait to be able to ride again!!!

Hey Guys,

I am scheduled for April 2. I am getting so nervous and excited. I can't wait to start my new life free of obesity, high blood pressure, knee and back pain, and tiredness.

Hi MissLady - I sure empathize with that! It will be wonderful to be active again and start to feel healthier! Also - there are such cute clothes available in smaller sizes! What a thrill it will be to shop in stores once again and not be so tired. Yes, I really understand what you're saying.

I thought I'd be able to get banded in March, but I finally got my approval yesterday, only to find out my surgeon is on vacation until April 1st. I've scheduled my final consult with him that day and get my surgery date then.

So long Shrinking Shamrocks, hello d1bf54eea00c069e438dd54gs3.gif!

Hi kjl315 - Congratulations on your insurance approval! That's a big milestone. I've been reading entries and the insurances are so varied and some approvals come quick, some take a lot longer. I met a man yesterday at my Nursing/nutrition class where his 1st visit was 2.5 months ago and he's already on the liquid diet due for surgery in 10 days! WOW! My insurance was approved 2 weeks after Hurley sent in the paperwork. However, it took Hurley a while -- I don't want to rant again about that. Anyway, it sounds like you'll have your band at/around the end of April!!!!! Wa Hoo!

I just got the lapband approved by insurance. :thumbup:

Wednesday, April 9th will be the big day.

It's such a relief to finally be approved! I am so ready to do this!

I just got the lapband approved by insurance. :thumbup:

Wednesday, April 9th will be the big day.

It's such a relief to finally be approved! I am so ready to do this!

I remember that final approval in writing day!! You cant feel any higher than that moment, just knowing the stress is gone & we are on the way to changing our lives forever! Congrats to all the "newly approved" Now its just count down time!!!! YAY!!

Hi Turler--yes I am self pay $7500 inTJ Mexico w/ Dr Kuri, they r the nicest people ever...........I just read CadenceMarch's statement about her Dr office being rude and that is the way I feel about MOST Dr. offices in USA....like they r better than us, if they just had the customer service as the Mexico Dr's .....Dr. Kuri's office has called me several times over the past few months just to see if I had any ?'s or needed anything and late one night Dr. Kuri called me himself just to see if I needed to talk to him(played phone tag w/ his office one day)YES THE DR, called me!!! Couldn't believe it myself, I had never had one that cared enough to call....Customer Service means alot and to treat us like humans would b nice....

GiGiRN--Hi, I am also going to MX but on 4-08-08 to Dr Kuri, I think they r in the same hospital, but we will just miss each other....so good luck

Cinnimae,

I am paying 7500 as well! Our docs are not in the same hospital. Dr. Ortiz owns his own surgical center. Look up obesitycontrolcenter.com and you will see picture of it. There are several band surgeons in TJ. I wish you all the luck and keep in touch. I'll add you to my "buddy list"!

April 24th for me! Dr. Miles, Birmingham, AL. Seems forever away but hopefully it'll be here before I know it!! I have quite a bit to do in April so it'll keep me busy! It's great to have a thread for those that are basically walking this journey around the same time. Wishing everyone the best and looking forward to knowing you all better.

Mini Bio: I'm 30 yrs old (aww. I just typed 2 before I realized I'm not in the 20's anymore lol) Very Happily Married to a wonderfully supportive husband... with 2 step daughters and an angel in heaven. (we recently miscarried) BMI of 46, have been overweight my entire life, have PCOS and problems with infertility. Most importantly, born again believer in Jesus Christ!

SavedbyGrace,

Welcome to the April Avengers! Just have to say enjoy the 30's! they are not so bad. I remember turning 30, thinking it was awful, and then 40 - thinking that was REALLY bad, and this week I'll be 51! I wish I had done this when I was YOUR age, and I'd have had much more fun these last 20 years! I'm scheduled for April 9 and counting every day...and hope to FEEL 30 again.

I've been praying for a way to deal with my BMI of 50 (started at 54!), and finally, my prayers have been answered! Can't wait!

Hey Everybody!

I just got approved too. The big day is April 1st. I'm so excited and nervous too. CAN'T WAIT!