Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

I'm scheduled for LapBand surgery on April 11 in Reston VA. I'm very nervous, but also excited!

ColoradoChick -- I'm going to Dr. Robert Pinnar too!

Hi LisaB! I am very nervous also! Dr. Pinnar seems like a great guy!

for all my April 11th Avengers!!

We are almost at the 30 day mark!! i am so excited!! the dieting I am doing is hard but it is comming along allright. I gave myself a little heard start for the 10lbs that i have to lose. I wish everyone the best of luck!!! YEAH!!!

looking forward to my new life!!!

Tatt2 :sneaky:

ColoradoChick: Where in CO are you from? I'm from Longmont, but live in Ohio.

Today is 30 days from banding day! It's kinda cool to be able to say that. I have so many appointments this month getting ready for it. My EGD is on Thursday..that's the biggest part so far. It's easy though, nothin' to it!

Hi Turler - We sure do! I'm the 2nd surgery of the day. I tried to schedule to be his 1st (when he's freshest), but 2nd will do all right. Are you worried about being hungry on the liquid diet? I am. I have my nutrition class this Thursday to find out about the Liquid Protein among many other items. My pre-admission testing is the following Wednesday. I drive about 180 miles round trip to each appointment. How about you?

Well Turler, I'm from Missouri and i have 2 boys(10 & 6) and I am a hairdresser and I am partners n a small shop w/ a friend, so I have very long days on my feet and my back and knees r starting to bother me alot from being overweight....I went to a siminar 2yrs ago on LB (w/ no health insurance) and decided I had to change my life and do so mething for myself for once....don't get me wrong I love my family but as mothers always do, we put everything above ourselves....So here I go w/ 29 days and counting to a new me.....Cindy:thumbup:

Yes, I am worried about the liquid diet!!! I feel confident that the mortality rate of pre-op liquid dieters is fairly low, but I am still concerned! I've seen the dietician once, and have 2 more appointments with her before my surgery. I'm not sure what else we'll cover as I've been given the "Bible" and have memorized it already!! How many recipes can we find on the liquid stage with added Protein powder! Blech! LOL

Either way, I will comply, because I don't want to do anything to ruin this!

How about exercise? Is anyone following a program?? Is anyone dieting currently??

I have to admit that I'm eating up a storm. They have not required me to lose additional weight before my surgery (I'm lucky there), and I'm determined to keep to the liquid diet once I start. I will be bringing a list of questions with me on Thursday to ask the nurses. Also (bad girl) the smoking thing is an issue with me too. I know, I know, please no lectures. I want to handle one crisis at a time!

Cindy,

All in good time sweetie! You need support, not lectures. These are tough times...lots of changes and stress. Even though it's exciting and happy! Sometimes the best time to make a major life change is in the middle of another. Does your surgeon require you to have quit before surgery?

I too have been eating and eating and eating! I 've been like this for a few weeks now, it's crazy. I don't why I'm doing it...it's not like we are never going to eat again! Weird! I don't have a pre-op diet either, but with only a month to go, I'm thinking I'm gonna start crackin' down on it!

Hi Turler - I think you were responding to me. I'm Cadencemarch. If I've made a mistake I'm sorry. Anyway, yes, they require me to quit. I've been researching and have learned more about cotinine (nicotine) than I ever thought I would. I have a cleansing kit and cotinine test kits I've purchased and will quit prior to my pre-admittance testing (they call it P.A.T.). I'm really not eating more volume than before, but I've noticed that I'm eating from resturants more. In the last week I went to Red Lobster, I ordered a take out pizza, and one morning I went out to breakfast!!!! This is not normal for me - usually I cook at home. Each time I have a meal I'm reminding myself to chew each bite 30 times, take smaller bites, etc. I guess if I have to practice the eating procedures I'm doing it on the foods I like the best!

CadenceMarch: Yes, I was responding to you, I'm sorry. I see the mistake I made...Oops! I've never heard of a cotinine kit. How does that work? Urine? Saliva?

CinniMae08(Cindy): I wanted to tell you that I commend you for taking care of yourself. It's so refreshing to hear a woman take care of herself first. We often don't. It's that maternal instinct that keeps us plugging along, putting everyone else first and then one day, the time comes that we are forced to do something good for ourselves. Good for you! Are you self-pay?

ColoradoChick: Where in CO are you from? I'm from Longmont, but live in Ohio.

I am from Colorado Springs but live in Virginia. My sister and her family just moved from Longmont. It is a nice little town!

That is so COOL! I used to live in Colorado Springs...my daughter was born at the Air Force Academy. But Longmont is my 'hometown'. Great place to live!

WELCOME Carol!

Congratulations on your surgery date! You will learn so much from this site. Feel free to ask anything. Someone on the forum will most likely know the answer or have some good advice!