Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Aww thanks guys!! My 14 yr old son is very flattered! He was worried you would think it was "corny". He is such a sweetie & he & my 8 yr old daughter are so supportive. They see how motivated & excited I am & they want to share it all with me.

Congrats Turler on your new date! Lucky!!!!

If it wasnt for my one last hurrah at Disney I would have it done right now! But the kids spring break trip has to come first for them.

5 more weeks, 35 more days, 840 more hours.........AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I like the April Avengers too! That seems to be the one that keeps getting mentioned. All in favor say 'I' !!!!

"I"

I like April Avengers very much! I always wanted to be a super hero! teeheehee

I second the Avengers too,my date is set for 4-17.Can't wait.I'm also self pay and mine will cost me right at 15,ooo. That also includes one yr post op. w/ fills and appts. .After the first yr ,every yr after is $500.00 per yr for fills. I thought about Mexico also,because of the cost. I know it's a biggie but I think I'm worth it! I know we always put our families 1st and ourselves last and a little bit of me feels kinda guilty for spending that amount of money on myself. Then I say that i'm doin it for myself and for them too. Does anyone share the same thoughts? in jacksonville,fl...

Tina - share the same thoughts? You bet! As a mom, I've put this off for many years. While I do have insurance coverage - there will be plenty of out of pocket expenses between uncovered visits (dietitian not covered) and deductables, and co-pays. I never felt I had the money to do this...that the kids needs came first. Well, it's time for mom to take care of herself. I gave up on dieting because I had so much to loose, 30 yrs experience has taught me I can't stick with the "starvation" diet long enough because I get too frustrated being hungry all the time. Then I'd gain it all back plus more each time. Finally, I just quit and convince myself that I was happy as I was, and that hasn't worked either. I still kept gaining. I'm sick of being the fattest person I know! I sick of taking pills and ruining my joints, heart, kidneys because of dieabetes, hypertension,etc. Now my kids are growing up (high school, college and beyond) and I realize if I keep up my current trend, I am killing myself. I want to enjoy the rest of my life, and it's time to do what MOM wants. And, I want to be there for them as they grow into adulthood and parenthood. I want to have a lap to bounce the grandkids on! I want to be able to do stuff I enjoy like gardening and swimming and maybe even horseback riding. And maybe even travel someday in a skinny airplane seat! Yes, that's right! I'm doing this for ME. And, as a wonderful side effect, my husband and kids will all benefit too!!

It's only money - you can't replace time or your life. I can't wait for my Band-day, and I bet you can't either!

Hi Everyone..... I am in April too.... my official date is April 18th.... I cant wait! I have been reading these boards for several months and they have been my saving grace! I am so excited to take the journey with you all! I am extremely lucky as my insurance approved me in one day! I feel for everyone I have read about on here that has had all the problems with their insurance companies. I am being banded by Dr Blackstone in Scottsdale Arizona. I also wanted to second the April Avengers name :tea: .... Leave it to a young one to come up with such a cool name!

Hello gang!

We are starting to get a lot of responses! I think the April Avengers is the motto to be unless anyone opposes. I suppose now we need a symbol of sorts. Some of the other months/groups have some really cool designs near their signature. Anyone computer savvy enough to put one together?

I am so excited for everyone! Isn't it amazing to get this opportunity? I am so thankful. There are so many bandsters on this board that have been so successful. They are truely an inspiration. I'm sure most of you have already read a lot of the stuff here. I have found that reading the old threads are helpful too. Have a great weekend everyone---see ya on the boards!

Carol

Hi everyone, I have been looking around on this siye for a few months and haven't posted much, but feel like I fit a little better here. My surgery date is April 8th in Mexico w/ Dr Kuri....My friend and I are going down together, her husband had it done there last year and now its our turn..Can't wait, but also VERY nervous:thumbup:

HI CinniMae! Welcome!!

Oh my goodness, I wish I had a friend to do this with! You are so lucky! Sounds like you will have quite a support system at home! I've been on here for a few months and just decided to jump into the threads that interested me. I made some friends and love to come here! Tell me about yourself! We are all in this together! :smile2:

Hi all...It's been 12 months that I started this process...Request was submitted to BCBS last week and surgeon says if all goes well with approvals, I should be on the schedule for April. My birthday is on the 17th and sure sould be a nice birthday present for me. Good luck to you all!

Well, Here's hoping that you get the best Birthday present ever. I've read about so many people who have spent a year...or more, trying to get approved. It's "only" been 4 1/2 months for me, and it feels like an eternity. Good luck to you!

Hi everyone - I'm very new to this website and this is my first entry. I am scheduled for lap band surgery April 10th. I'm excited and a little scared too. My BMI is approximately 55 and I'm just unable to really get around like I used to. In my younger years I was a cheerleader and also enjoyed gymnastics. It's hard to believe sometimes but I know that gal is still in here somewhere. You are all so encouraging - thank you for that.

So, here's to a new life for all of us!

:)

weight.png

I'm scheduled for LapBand surgery on April 11 in Reston VA. I'm very nervous, but also excited!

ColoradoChick -- I'm going to Dr. Robert Pinnar too!