Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

How about April Avengers? My son came up w/ that since we are avenging being fat.

Makes us sound like superhero fat fighters I think...lol

I like that! Very motivating!! You have got my vote!

Hi all

I'm scheduled for April 9 in Connecticut. Two weeks of liquid is right around the corner! It's taken me a long time to go through all the steps for insurance, so I'm glad the end is in sight.

I like avengers as well!

Hi,everyone ,WOW now it is starting to feel real ,since i got a date. i'm getting butterflies and a little worried about failing.but i want this more than anything.i will be banded by Dr.Cywes in jax,fl.:thumbup:

I'm scheduled for April 3rd, which is actually my 32nd birthday! That was the first date they threw out at me, so I took it as a sign!

Here's to new beginnings!

What are all of your doctors requiring for a pre-op program? Mine has a 2 week liquid diet. I did a program like that last year, so I'm not too worrried about it.

I am actually excieted about the liquid diet before..feels like getting started already... APRIL 1st..Anyone have that day too? I am self pay with Dr. Rumbout in Monterrey. Just paid my deposit..

I have my pre-op appointment with my family doctor tomorrow. I have to have an EKG and some blood work. I had a barium swallow on Tuesday. That was yucky! I go and see the surgeon on the 17th and begin my low carb diet on March 28th. I am not sure if it is a liquid diet but I suspect it probably is. My surgery is scheduled for April 4. My insurance is paying for everything except the program fee that the surgeon charges. The program fee is $2550.00. My surgery is with Dr. R Pinnar in Reston Virginia

Hi everybody!

I saw the surgeon today to review everything. I had many questions that he answered to my satisfaction! LOL He also said we could possibly move the date from the 10th of April to the 1st! WOOHOO! I really hope it works out...I want this sooner than later!

Hi everybody!

I saw the surgeon today to review everything. I had many questions that he answered to my satisfaction! LOL He also said we could possibly move the date from the 10th of April to the 1st! WOOHOO! I really hope it works out...I want this sooner than later!

That is awesome Turler! I hope that works out for you! :blink:

Congratulations Turler on the potential move up date! I actually thought my surgery would have been at the end of March, but it didn't work that way. I think because I haven't made it in to have my psych eval, they pushed it back.

For those of you who are self pay, if you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying? I didn't price shop, I was looking for a doctor and office staff that would make me comfortable and support me through the process.

Here is what my fee includes, I'm curious as to what different areas of the country charge. I know fees for Mexico are less.

$15,600

This includes surgery, and 1 year of post-op care, including fills and meetings with the dietician. As well as access to monthly support meetings.

Hello there,

I am getting banded april 11th i am so excited about this. It is the best decision that i have ever made in my life! I am so proud of myself for taking this addiction my the horns and get it under control! i have been overweight my whole life and I have yo yo dieted so many times that i cant even count. I am DONE with the yo yoing, i am DONE with not wanting to go out because i look fat, i am DONE with not feeling like i deserve the best!! I DESERVE THE BEST! AND I AM GONNA BE THE BEST!! I am so ready for my new life and i am so happy that i have all of you to share my experiences with!!

Looking forward to my new life!!

Tatt2:lol:

ebowling,

I am paying 7950 with Dr. Ortiz in Mexico. Lap Band Surgery in Mexico - Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the Obesity Control Center you should check it out. I first seen one of his patients on Oprah and it got me thinking....so i did the reasearch, called the clinic and spoke to Lori and we talked and i did some more research and i booked my surgery Apr 11th and i am so excited!!! Oh and by the way i am self pay so this was a blessing for me.

Hey, I've got my date too...finally! April 9! It seems like FOREVER! 5 more weeks! In December I was hoping for January...and was just approved this week at last. Can't get a surgery date sooner because the hospital and surgeon are so busy this month :eek: When I hear others waited up to 2 YEARS I guess I'll make it for a few more weeks. :blink: Especially with you all to keep up the energy and excitment! I'm dieting basically on my own now...but it's getting harder and can't wait for the band so I'm not so hungry all the time. Like others, I can't IMAGINE only eating a 1/2 cup of something (and not being hungry.)

So what will our name be? I like the April Avengers...

I like the April Avengers too! That seems to be the one that keeps getting mentioned. All in favor say 'I' !!!!