Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Going into a two-day Jewish holiday tonight (Shevuot) and so am cooking for guests both nights and my food intake is just about all tasting! I'm still pretty tight but I like it that way. My weight is hoovering between 221 and 224, which is annoying, but I've just discovered frozen yogurt and having it for lunch every day so I think that may be the issue. Need to eat less of it and you know about those toppings!! Bad habits are lessened but not cured, that's for certain. And it creeps back slowly. Start with a little fro yo and just a little fruit and now it's a bigger cup and choc chips on top. Oh well. The good news is that I am smaller- inches- so I'm feeling okay in general. Next Friday (5th) is my surg check up so I would like to lose a pound or two more if I can - I also really need to up my water- that really affects how much I lose.

So, that's me. What's doing with everyone. Reading lots of good, but also lots of frustration. HEY, WE"RE IN THIS FOR THE LONG HAUL!!!! It will all be GOOD.

See everyone Sunday. Take care.

Hey Everyone......

Where does the time go. Been so busy working and doing life that I haven't made it to the board since 5/14/09 - according to what my lapband screen indicates.......

It has been kind of quiet = making it relatively easy to catch up!

Turler - I find that when I DON'T exercise - I DON'T lose - or it slows way down. So it is the incentive for me to get hot and sticky.....ewwwwwwwwww!!

Still haven't made it in for my annual blood work. I am going to Maui in a few weeks so maybe when I get back....... I was hoping to be in Onederland before my departure but I don't think I will lose that much by June 18 - no matter how much I exercise!! Still the band has been a lifesaver for me. Once I reach Onederland, my drivers license weight will actually be OVER and not under for the first time in 7 years!! I can't believe that I can say I am only 58 lbs overweight! I know that is still quite a bit but considering the alternative.......I am a happy camper.

Well, I continue to wish everyone the best!! :wub:

Hi NG and all-

I'm also doing no real exercise- Iknow that has to change, but I've become very lazy. I'm tired all the time. CAN YOU SPELL STRESS! I know, excerise will help it all.

Hope everyone is doing well. I've gained about 3 pounds but I think for the surgeon's appt on Friday, it will end up being just about where I was last month. I think what happens is that after being tight for a long time, I get bored with the few things I can eat and start eating "bad" food. Right now, it's frozen yogurt which sounds harmless, but add in all the toppings and whoa! So, yes, a few pounds. Not beating myself up because I actually lost a couple of inches everywhere this month. So, it's still good. I'll see 100 and on from there. Don't need to make myself nuts anymore.

See ya all later.

Gwenn

no one here since my last post. Well, anyone who drops by- here's a quick hello until after the weekend. Went for a follow-up today and only lost a pound- entirely my own doing....the frozen yogurt and toppings! I'll be getting another fill in about 6 weeks, which should be right on time as I'm getting looser.

Love my surgeon. I cried today about all the emotions and issues and he listened and listened. Really helps to have him in my corner.

Hope everyone is doing BETTER THAN ME THIS MONTH!LOL. Have a great weekend.

Its been pretty quiet here for a while.

Had a fill yesterday... +1cc. We will see how this works out. Getting close to goal.... But vacation is coming in two weeks which will surely stop progress and could even cost me a few pounds.... oh well... such is life. Ill recover Im sure! :blushing:

Hi Everyone!

Wow...I hate how quiet this thread has become. I miss all of you. I stop by everyday, but don't normally have time to post. I am STILL NOT LOSING!!!! I am frustrated beyond belief. I hope something changes soon. I am thinking maybe this change needs to come from within????? Hmmmmm.

I am so achy and tired. Just like before surgery. I am getting my butt in gear today and going to the gym. My DH is designing a workout for me that focuses more on weights than cardio. I am not motivated by the results that all that cardio gets, and am thinking I might benefit more from weight training...you know, muscle burns fat, blah blah blah. So we'll see. He rarely does cardio, but lifts and loses weight. Maybe he's on to something. I tell him all the time he's gonna look HOT in his casket! LOL His muscles will look great and his heart will be dead! Guess I'm gonna join him, cuz I want to look good too. Maybe I'll do cardio after I lose weight!

Am I rambling? LOL...hope you all have a great weekend!

~C

Hello Everyone -

Just a quick hello. Am experiencing consistent loss and I can only contribute it to the exercise. I would encourage all of you to implement it as you can. I have ONEderland in site and am so encouraged that I will see it before the end of June hopefully.

Continued success to all.

I gained 4 pounds on my last vacation. I was pretty open and just ate and ate (okay, I was visiting my mother, so emotional eating was at a peak).

But I no longer beat myself up. I schedule a fill, and do the best I can until I get it. It's great to know there's a way to "reset the off button" when necessary.

Best,

Me too.... I pray everyone is doing well!

Hi!!! Well I got my first adjustment done since August 08 and I was a little disappointed. You see I have been having issues with Reflux and Heartburn, not all the time but when I it happens its just sooo painful. So after much thought and discussions with my hubby and doctor I decided to have some Fluid removed. My thought was just to have a little taken out but my doc had other plans, so I was at 5 and now I'm at 4.5. Wow, I'm scared that I'm going to start gaining weight again. I know I can go back to get a fill but I feel like I'm wide open. I told my doctor my concerns and he said that I look great and that he really doesn’t want me to lose any more weight and he told me that he likes my flat tummy. :bored: I’m 5’3 and I’ve lost 90lbs so I’m down to 150 pounds. I feel great but I think I could lose another 10 pounds but my husband says I look great too. I guess I’m just self-conscience after being overweight for so long and I’m always thinking I could lose a few more pounds. I’ll see how I feel after a few weeks and if I start consuming more food than usual, I’ll make my appt to have my band adjusted. Thanks for letting me ramble on and I hope everyone is doing well.

Hello Everyone - Hope you all are well. I just returned from a short vacation in Maui and lost 2 lbs while there and 2 lbs on my return!! I started feeling really bad after I got back and could only attribute it to the long plane ride in the pressurized cabin. I have read of others feeling bad or having super tight restriction after long plane rides and I think this is what happened to me. When I woke up yesterday morning I was fine again - little to no symptoms of the tightness and a super, super amount of acid reflux which is what I was feeling on the return.

I didn't exercise while in Hawaii so I was surprised that I lost but I jumped back on the treadmill today and I gotta say - it felt difficult but really, really good.

Hope everyone is staying steadfast on this journey. Only a few more pounds until Onederland!!! Then my drivers license weight will be incorrect - finally reflecting too much instead of too little!!!!!!!! :redface:

Hello Everyone - Hope you all are well. I just returned from a short vacation in Maui and lost 2 lbs while there and 2 lbs on my return!! I started feeling really bad after I got back and could only attribute it to the long plane ride in the pressurized cabin. I have read of others feeling bad or having super tight restriction after long plane rides and I think this is what happened to me. When I woke up yesterday morning I was fine again - little to no symptoms of the tightness and a super, super amount of acid reflux which is what I was feeling on the return.

I didn't exercise while in Hawaii so I was surprised that I lost but I jumped back on the treadmill today and I gotta say - it felt difficult but really, really good.

Hope everyone is staying steadfast on this journey. Only a few more pounds until Onederland!!! Then my drivers license weight will be incorrect - finally reflecting too much instead of too little!!!!!!!! :)

So glad you are feeling better! Congrats on the weight loss and make sure to post when you make it to Onderland!!

Hey everyone! So quiet in here......I am one lb away from Onederland. I did see it one day this week but it didn't stay. Hope I can be there by end of the week!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!