Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

HEY. It's Sunday and no one's been here since my last post. Where is everyone. I guess the weather's getting nicer and everybodies outside this weekend. I'm in LA so the weather isn't an issue-LOL. I hear an echoooooo!

Hi Gwenn - I'm here!! Back from the land of flu hell, well mostly back. Still feeling pretty weak. The flu bug attacked late Tuesday night and I've been down and out since then. You're such an encouragement. It's fun to see your weight loss ticker edging closer to 100 pounds lost. I can hardly wait to sign in and see that!

Bea - Holy buckets!!! I made my way back through the past weeks posts and I didn't recognize your photo. I thought to myself, "wow, she's pretty. I'm glad she's joining our group." Then I read your post and realized it was you. You look fantastic!! I hope you're doing well with your 30# goal.

Mom - How's the tightness? Is the reflux letting up?

Carol - I'm sorry you're disappointed right now. I think you're stuck in Bandster Hell again - something we all assumed we would only go through once. You can do it!!! Hang it there, the fills will come over time and your band will start working with you again. It was so warm here a few weeks ago (low 80's for a few days), but this week is low 50's all week. I'm so upset. I really missed my twice daily walks, because it got me out of the house and away from the food when I started to slip during the fill process. I hope you have a wonderful week, with lots of SV and NSV!

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm not on Facebook, but it seems like I may join just to chat with all of you! You're such an encouragement for me, I really appreciate it. Have a great week - let's make this next year beyond our wildest dreams.

Hi Gwenn and Cub!

Sorry, I fell off the board for a few days too! Thanks so much for your encouragement. I am trying to hang in there, but getting awfully discouraged. Especially since my pants are so tight! LOL

I've decided I need to re-focus and drink lots of Water. I will start there and address each issue as they become apparent to me! Plugging away. AGAIN!!!!

You guys rock.

~C

Bea - Holy buckets!!! I made my way back through the past weeks posts and I didn't recognize your photo. I thought to myself, "wow, she's pretty. I'm glad she's joining our group." Then I read your post and realized it was you. You look fantastic!! I hope you're doing well with your 30# goal.

Awww! Thanks so much! That was really nice of you to say. That's pretty much the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a while! :-) I'm struggling a little bit with this last 30. I think I probably need a fill, but I'm doing the pouch test to make sure. My restriction is really strange. Sometimes I'm so tight I can hardly get anything down and then other times I can eat the kitchen sink, it all depends on the time of month and the weather. Weird!! Right now it's a tight day, so I'm going to wait until after TOM visits and see where I am. Also I'm just about done with this semester and I'll be less stressed and able to get back into a good exercise routine for a while. Thanks again! Hope you are doing well and completely over the flu.

Carol - Hang in there! I hope you feel better soon. We all get discouraged from time to time, it's not just you. You're not alone. It's a journey. I wish you well.

Hi Everyone

GDF - I just received my marching orders to get my one year blood work done - I am a bit worried about Vitamin deficiencies. I have tried to keep with with my Centrum chewables and viactiv Calcium but somes I just get so busy. I have a good diet and obviously lots of Protein so hopefully everything will be good. I didn't have bad levels at the beginning. I have always been a "healthy fat person" - no high blood pressure, cholesteral, etc. but I do think there will be some improvement. Maybe I will wait a week and eat a lot of fish!! ;)

Purchasd a size 14 pants today - they were a little snug but th 16's are too loose. I am sure others of you are experiencing this to - the in between stage - a little frustrating but there are worse things in life!!! :thumbdown:

Some of my acid reflux has started to subside which means that my band is starting to loosen up a bit. When I saw my Dr this week I talked to him about taking some out but I think I am so close to the sweet spot - as they call it that I didn't really want to tinker with it. I have another follow up appt in 3 months so maybe it will all be gone by then. Funny with this, I never experienced it my whole band experience until the last 2 months. I think it just comes when the band is too tight....

Continued best wishes to all of you!! It is a board with lots of good news.

Hi girls!

Hope everyone is doing well. This thread has been WAAAAYYYY too quiet! I know we are busy though, so I understand. I am off school this week (only one day), but so darn glad! I need the little break. I am starting another term next week and Lord have mercy, it just keeps getting more involved. Too much darn homework, papers and books/chapters to read. Only 18 more weeks though! YAY!!! Then I'll be graduated and on to the next degree.

I am seeing the doctor on Tuesday. I am very glad for this and can't wait to get another fill. I really, really need some restriction. I'm a wild woman! LOL Hopefully I will get some self-control out of this and start losing again. I truly need to go to the gym...my body is stiff and sore like I used to be. I need a swift kick in the ass. That's for sure.

I miss you all.....

~C

Hi Everyone,

My big event was Thursday and now I'm FREEEEEE! I had 840 people and raised 1.4 million! Gosh, I feel good. Best part was that I went through the prep this year feeling great, energized and with little pain. Made a huge difference and it's definitely the weight off that made all the diff. Now the adrenalin is slowing down and I slept all day today. Wed we're going to NY to see my family for a week. That will be interesting. My mother hasn't seem me since last summer, so the weight off will be a big change for her. All good.

So, let's see:

Numbee- no reason to think your Vitamins are that off. If you feel good and if your skin is good, I bet you're not off much. I take Centrum also, and my Calcium and now my wonderful wonderful b-12. Like you, I had no obesity related diseases, but my cholesterol was borderline where it used to be very low. Now I'm back to a good place- 187 total. My BP is getting back to low- I was 124/66 last week at the docs. I need to go for the Vitamin bloods but no time until I"m back. Watch the fish before you take your tests----you don't want to show up with mercury poisoning!!!!!

Carol- it's good to see you sounding better. Stay strong lady. It will be good!!!!!!!!!! Get that fill and soon you too will not be able to eat anything all day. I'm beginning to enjoy it now that the shoulder pain's under control.

Cubs- sorry to hear you were ill. Now every time someone mentions the flu I think it's gonna be swine flu. Glad you're recovering. Drink lots of Water and get well soon.

Good to see everyone popping up again....I was very lonely last week!

Just stopping in....havent been in here for a long time. Had my first issue with my band this past thursday. Wed night I could not keep anything solid down. I was up allll night. I was so hungry but anytime I ate something solid I threw it back up. Could only keep liquids down. Scared the hell outta me. Was worried I slipped or something. Called off work in the morning and called the doctor. Went to see him and he said that I must of had something stuck or scratched on the way thru and it made my opening swell closed a bit. Thats why no solids would go thru only liquids. I had 5cc in a 10cc band and was at my sweet spot. He had to take 1cc out so that i could eat and my stomach swelling could go down. Pissed me off cuz I just lost 4 more pounds recently. I had fallen off the wagon for a bit cuz I was pregnant at the beginning of the year and miscarried. Went into a depressive state and was comforting myself with food...especially hershey kisses. Got outta my funk and then this happens. I can eat more now and it sucks. Have to wait til this coming thursday to go back and get .5cc put back in...which is still not where I was. SUCKS!!! I hate getting that needle. doesnt hurt bad but not my favorite thing. I am a bit discouraged with my weight loss a year into this but it is better than I have ever done on my own. Im down 3 jeans sizes and couldnt be happier. Hopefully when i get the Fluid back in my band we will start melting off the pounds again. Good to see how well everyone is doing

Oh...yes, I'm sure it won't be long before I'm complaining about how tight the band is, and how I can't eat!!!! LOLOL

I still hope my appointment goes well and I get some restriction. I'm feeling hopeful.

Gwenn...I'm sorry you were lonely last week! I will try to visit as much as I can. Of course, now that I will have a little time this week, you will be out of town!

~C

Tracy- Hang in there sweetie. I'm sorry about your hard times this year. You are doing great, and take it from me...it's better for you to get a little out of the band and be safe, then to keep losing and end up with trouble!

You are gonna have a great year!!!! :thumbdown:

~C

I'll be at my sisters and I'll have a laptop so I'll stay in touch, although it will be weird to be on east coast time with everyone.

Tracy- anytime food sets off vomitting- and so me that's more often than I'd like because I'm very tight- it's best to stay on liquids for at least the rest of the day and preferably 24 hours of so. My surgeon keeps telling me that and I try to follow it, cause if I don't, I throw up again and get very sore and very swollen. Just good to know. Just take your time and look at the big picture. We're all hit the hersey kisses- they melt and go down JUST FINE!

I have a question. When people say they're on Facebook...where? I don't see a very active band support site so is everyone just on their own personal pages? I'm only on because of business....I'm old and don't get sending a note saying "I just woke up", and I'm not interested in who is friends with who....I'm very out of it. So, I"m here and if no ones around I'll just talk to myself. I could go over to the over 50 crowd, but they've all been together for a while and I feel a little out of place.

Been through a year (my bandiversary was the 30th) with you guys and I'm happy in our little patch of the woods.

Gwenn,

I'm with you. I am trying to do the Facebook thing, but like you, I just don't get it. I don't understand why people post random thoughts. I think Twitter is the same way. I can see how it could be cool to re-connect with old, long lost friends, but I don't understand why every thing you say/type has to be public for everyone to see.

I like it here too. I don't know where everyone went or why. I think we have more freedom here to discuss our personal issues and struggles. I don't want the whole world to know about my band anyway.

~C :smile:

I found a few old friends...or they found me, and now that I'm feeling better about myself, I may meet up with them this trip back east of another in the future. But in most cases, you bump into these old friends on-line and realize that if you'd wanted to be close to them, you wouldn't have disconnected all this time. But it's fun to catch up. I also found my very ex-husband's daughter- I haven't seen him in over 20 years so I was curious, but I didn't feel anything at all.....just hope she gives him plenty of trouble LOL........

Back after smelling something burning. How can I burn potatoes? That's a new one for me. I've never had the Water boil off when boiling potatos before.....there goes nice mashed potatoes I'd planned one tonight. Guess the lord was looking when I ate half a bag of chocolate chip Cookies today. What was that about? And why do they go down so easily?

The thing I have found out about Facebook is that people who wanted nothing to do with you or who had teased u in high school for being fat are the ones who want u to be there friends now. I just dont get it. Makes me laugh uncontrollable inside when i see the skinny cheerleader chicks and they got FAT. See it doesnt pay to make fun of people cuz it can come right back at ya. I think that is why I go on facebook. Makes me feel good to know that life bit them in the ass.