Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Hello Everyone!

Well tax season is over! Thank God! I have been so busy haven't be here much. I wanted to brag a little and say that I jumped from 99 lbs right to 101lbs. Never quite saw the 100 lb mark - although I was stuck at the 99 number for quite a while. My anniversary date is April 30 and I see my doctor again on the 22nd - so maybe I will receive a star or happy face!!

I just want to encourage everyone - not to get discouraged! I think we see much more success in this particular group than I see in other areas of the board - so I might just be preaching to the choir. I am still away from goal but it feels so good to pass the 100 lbs mark and start to feel like what society deems as "normal"............

Best wishes to everyone! Thanks for the many posts that helped to get me where I am today.

Everyone looks to e doing so good and has lost so much this year! Its amazing what difference a year makes from where we all were last year! Wish I could say I'd lost as much but it will happen.

RIGHT NOW I NEED YOUR HELP!!!! Got filled last Tuesday. First time I can remember since my unfill last October actually having to be aware of what and how I eat. I have been on cloud nine because I've lost 10lbs! BUT I was too tight and went in for a little relief Thursday. Since then, there is no pain with eating or shoulder pain BUT at night, generally between 2-5am, I wake up and have to throw up!?!?!?!? Its more like reflux feeling because its not happening after I eat. Last night I even made sure not to eat or drink anything after 7pm then didn't go to bed until 11pm an took reflux medicine.

Just wondering if anyone has experinced this and what you did about it. Thanks in advance for the help!

Hey girls!

I'm a little late with this whole Facebook thing. I've had a profile for a little bit, but never really used it much. Is it better than here? Is that where everyone has gone?

~C

Everyone looks to e doing so good and has lost so much this year! Its amazing what difference a year makes from where we all were last year! Wish I could say I'd lost as much but it will happen.

RIGHT NOW I NEED YOUR HELP!!!! Got filled last Tuesday. First time I can remember since my unfill last October actually having to be aware of what and how I eat. I have been on cloud nine because I've lost 10lbs! BUT I was too tight and went in for a little relief Thursday. Since then, there is no pain with eating or shoulder pain BUT at night, generally between 2-5am, I wake up and have to throw up!?!?!?!? Its more like reflux feeling because its not happening after I eat. Last night I even made sure not to eat or drink anything after 7pm then didn't go to bed until 11pm an took reflux medicine.

Just wondering if anyone has experinced this and what you did about it. Thanks in advance for the help!

Hey Mom! Glad you got your restriction back. To answer your question, the only time I have ever experienced this has been been when I'm still too tight. food might go down because you are upright, but at night everything pushes upward. A while back I had an issue with reflux at night(haven't had a fill in months) because I was about to start my period plus my allergies were really bad. All of that together caused me to be so tight that I could hardly get liquid down. I started my allergy meds again and Mucinex, but at night I would take a dose of children's Motrin which reduced the inflammation. I eventually worked it out myself. Stayed on fluids etc. I knew what was causing mine and I could correct it. However, if you are not sure and this keeps happening, go back to your doc and have him look under flouro if possible. You'd rather be safe than sorry later. I hope it all works out for you. Good luck and glad to hear from you.

Thanks Bea! Its so strange beacause when he removed things on Thursday, the band opened up and let things go right through. We watched it happen under flouro. I think that I pushed myself too fast since then. So, I'm going to take your advice...I've been stressing so much that I think it has alot to do with it. I'll try the Motrin this week along with liquids then if that doesn't seem to help, I'll be heading back. Its so aggrevating because Tuesday he only put in 1cc and removed half on Thursday.....

By the way, your looking awesome! And you look light the losing is going good.

Let us know if that works. The last time I tried to have .5 cc put in and had to go back the next day and have it removed. So, I know it's frustrating. I know if I'm stressed, I get tighter too.

I'm doing fine; however, I'm pretty much stuck. I haven't really lost anything in a couple of months. It's my own fault though. I've been so busy and stressed with school haven't cared to exercise, but I'm back on the exercise band wagon. I've signed up for a 5K and people I know will be there so that has been very motivating for me to get off my butt and run again! My pastor is running too and I can't let him beat me!! LOL! I have 30 more to lose and it's time to start doing something about it. I've just been enjoying the journey and haven't been too worried about it, but summer is coming and I want to be at goal for sure by my b-day in December. So, I'm pretending I'm just starting with only 30 lbs to lose. :-) Keep us posted!

I really don't know what all my wall is other than the lack of exercise and too much wine :blink: I have the same restriction as I did since my 4th fill 7 months ago. I do eat more often but I can only eat 1/4 cup at a time. I need to get more disciplined again to see whats causing it.

we have all still done a wonderful job though and I am sure we can all get back on track.

Hi everyone. Gee, with bandiversaries this month I thought everyone would be on. Guess it's a busy time for all. I'm still just under 90 and have been eating too much at those times I can eat at all. Always at night. It's all or nothing with me. I want to reach 90 and will, but why do I still hold myself back!

Anyway, went to the surgeon for my year check-up and discussed how tight I still am after 6 weeks. His response.....good. I guess he's not overly concerned about lack of anything. We talked about a lot of stuff- If I have food in my stomach, sex hurts- My port seems to have too little muscle so if I'm full, it bangs against the stomach or something. I get like a stitch. Not all the time of course. Stuff like that-oh, and the answer to that is down the road, when I get my stomach done, they'll either do a slight revision or cover the port with more muscle. Interesting. They send everyone for blood tests after a year to see if there are any Vitamin deficiencies. I'm curious to see what my mercury levels are, as I eat fish all week long.

So, all well here. Gonna check out Facebook. I'm on there too- mostly because of business.

Brandy- is there a specific site that has a lot of bandsters on it?

Later.

Edited by gdf18

Let us know if that works. The last time I tried to have .5 cc put in and had to go back the next day and have it removed. So, I know it's frustrating. I know if I'm stressed, I get tighter too.

I'm doing fine; however, I'm pretty much stuck. I haven't really lost anything in a couple of months. It's my own fault though. I've been so busy and stressed with school haven't cared to exercise, but I'm back on the exercise band wagon. I've signed up for a 5K and people I know will be there so that has been very motivating for me to get off my butt and run again! My pastor is running too and I can't let him beat me!! LOL! I have 30 more to lose and it's time to start doing something about it. I've just been enjoying the journey and haven't been too worried about it, but summer is coming and I want to be at goal for sure by my b-day in December. So, I'm pretending I'm just starting with only 30 lbs to lose. :-) Keep us posted!

I will do so. I'm with you on the exercising too. I got of the bandwagon around Christmas and haven't jumped back on. Did start a new job and that has had me running. It's only part time but I put more into than that. I keep promising myself that I'm going to to do it! So good for you that you're going to do the 5K!!! I applaud you!

I also love the jean picture...I had to show it to my hubby. he thought that was an awesome way to record your loss and the fact that you're in an 11/12p doesn't hurt either! I'm firmly into a 16 which is okay but I am longing for that 14 and then the 11/12. I think a 10 is pushing it but who knows. So many people think I'm insane for wanting to lose another 50lbs....its mainly people who didn't know me pre-overweight so they have no idea. I found the coolest thing on the prevention site. You plug in your measurments and it shows your body now and then at your goal weight. WOW! I printed out a few copies and they are now gracing my closet, my bathroon, my Fridge and my desk. It is an awesome reminder.

Well, I've rambled too much and guess I better go to bed. Ben dreading it because of what's been happening and just sitting here hasn't been too pleasant so I don't think tonight will be either. But I'm going to give it time then see. Don't want to jump to conclusions...night!

I will do so. I'm with you on the exercising too. I got of the bandwagon around Christmas and haven't jumped back on. Did start a new job and that has had me running. It's only part time but I put more into than that. I keep promising myself that I'm going to to do it! So good for you that you're going to do the 5K!!! I applaud you!

I also love the jean picture...I had to show it to my hubby. he thought that was an awesome way to record your loss and the fact that you're in an 11/12p doesn't hurt either! I'm firmly into a 16 which is okay but I am longing for that 14 and then the 11/12. I think a 10 is pushing it but who knows. So many people think I'm insane for wanting to lose another 50lbs....its mainly people who didn't know me pre-overweight so they have no idea. I found the coolest thing on the prevention site. You plug in your measurments and it shows your body now and then at your goal weight. WOW! I printed out a few copies and they are now gracing my closet, my bathroon, my Fridge and my desk. It is an awesome reminder.

Well, I've rambled too much and guess I better go to bed. Ben dreading it because of what's been happening and just sitting here hasn't been too pleasant so I don't think tonight will be either. But I'm going to give it time then see. Don't want to jump to conclusions...night!

You'll get there! It's a journey. You had some setbacks. Now you're back on track. I just hope you get your reflux thing worked out. I know how miserable that is. I have actually aspirated on stomach contents before. I would wake up gasping for breath and it hurts so bad. It's awful. And if it makes you feel any better the 11/12's fit, but they aren't as comfortable as I would like them to be. :-) I like the jeans pic too. I wanted to do something that was a reminder of how far I'd come. I just thought it was funny. My hubby said I can't believe you ever wore those! Yeah and they were pretty snug too. I'm glad he's blocked it from his memory! LOL! Anyway, gotta run. I have a crazy, busy week. Hope yours is great! Talk to ya soon!

I've been on Facebook way more than here... Add me... my email address is tkclanton@schreiner.edu or you can search for Tammi Clanton Elmore.

I guess I need to call and get a one year appointment. I have had the whole acid reflux/PB going for a couple of weeks now. Sometimes worse than others. Have ya'll noticed any issues with spicy foods? All of the sudden I can't eat anything too spicy. Especially chipotle seasoning. I love the honey chipotle chicken crispers at Chili's, but the last two times I have had them, I have literally thrown up all afternoon and it takes me 2 days of liquids to get over it. Now that I know what it is, I avoid it, but it's not been fun. Last night we had spaghetti which wasn't spicy in the least, but ate really late... like 8:45. I told my husband this morning that I was not eating that late anymore. I'd rather just not eat at all than to be miserable all night and still throw up when I get up in the morning.

You'd think after a year, that we'd all have the hang of this... but I guess we'll never be perfect!

Hi everyone....

I too thought more people would be on this site this month for sure! Isn't it funny how this time last year, we couldn't tear ourselves away from here? And now, I can hardly find the time. But I've got to tell you, I miss the encouragement and the daily reminders of how to eat, what to eat and getting through all the trials and tribulations this Band has caused!

I am not doing well with this new band in the weight loss department. The band itself is fine and doesn't seem to have any ill effects on my body (except the Left shoulder pain thing). Other than that, I haven't had any issues. But I'm NOT losing weight. I'm gaining. I can eat whatever I want and I'm hungry. This sucks. I really want that restriction back and the longer it takes to get it, the worse things are getting for me. I seem to give up by the end of the day and just eat. I always start the day strong, but am just too hungry (and UN-restricted) to keep it up for the whole day I guess.

Oh, and exercise? Yeah right. I used to love it, now I feel like I did before I lost weight. Embarrassed to go and too tired, no motivation, blah blah blah. UGH!!!!

Anyone feel like this or is it just me? LOL

~C

Hi NG- THAT IS AMAZING. You passed the 100 mark!..I used to get so jealous of everyone hitting that number. Now I know I'll get there too. You're so right about this group being ahead of the curve. I guess we're the Avengers alright! I think we also inspire and support and that makes a difference.

I'm so proud of your 100+!!!!

Hi Mom,

My two cents.....I'm very tight this time around and like it becasue I don't eat much, but I've had a bit of the "bile in the mouth" reflux in the middle of the night. It scared the hell out of me because it's like burning acid coming up and it burns the throat and you feel like you could choke. NOT FUN. Anyway, it only happened when I'd had someone's cooking who used a lot of OIL. I don't use much oil at all now...just don't - and this woman had it in everything. I take Protonix for reflux so this scared me. My advice....look at what you're eating even more than when. If the food has gone through it's not a back-up from constriction- it's something else- oil, spice, nuts, sometimes dairy, etc. Make sure you have plenty of Water, too. And maybe pop an OTC zantac and hour before bed, and last, add a couple of pillows, so you're not flat. Oh, one more thing. Probiotics!!!!!!!!

AS TO SHOULDER PAIN....I wouldn't have believed this if it didn't happen to me. Someone told me to help my bad shoulder I should take 2,000 or more mg of B12 a day- under the tongue (Trader Joes). I didn't believe it but I was suffering so I gave it a whirl. NO MORE PAIN. I mean NOOOOO MOOOOORE PAIN!!. The post surgery left shoulder pain I had for 10 months is gone!!!!! The nerve pain in my hand from neck trouble. GONE. B-12 works on nerve endings, so if you're deficient in it....and we're all eating very differently now and could be defiicient in something- you could have pain. I promise...I never htought it would work and it did. My surgeon is now sending me for my 1 year blood work to see if anything else is low. Try it....you have nothing to lose.

Okay, I'm done now......LOL.

Hi everyone....

I too thought more people would be on this site this month for sure! Isn't it funny how this time last year, we couldn't tear ourselves away from here? And now, I can hardly find the time. But I've got to tell you, I miss the encouragement and the daily reminders of how to eat, what to eat and getting through all the trials and tribulations this Band has caused!

I am not doing well with this new band in the weight loss department. The band itself is fine and doesn't seem to have any ill effects on my body (except the Left shoulder pain thing). Other than that, I haven't had any issues. But I'm NOT losing weight. I'm gaining. I can eat whatever I want and I'm hungry. This sucks. I really want that restriction back and the longer it takes to get it, the worse things are getting for me. I seem to give up by the end of the day and just eat. I always start the day strong, but am just too hungry (and UN-restricted) to keep it up for the whole day I guess.

Oh, and exercise? Yeah right. I used to love it, now I feel like I did before I lost weight. Embarrassed to go and too tired, no motivation, blah blah blah. UGH!!!!

Anyone feel like this or is it just me? LOL

~C

Hi Carol,

I hate hearing you sounding so discouraged. I'm never on Facebook unless it's for work (dont' ask) and I am really trying to stay here at least a few times a week. I get sad when no one's around too. But I'm here for you....I'm not going anywhere except NY on May 7th! LOL

I don't know what to tell you. I had about 2 months when I had big trouble, but this last fill made a huge difference. I guess for some of us- maybe you included, it has to be really tight to curb the hunger and the eating. I know that if food goes through, I eat. Even now, as tight as I am, I hit a day here and there that it mysteriously opens, and when it does, I manage to stuff my face. It's less stuffing than the old days, for sure, but I'll be a couple pounds up right away and I gained 7 at one point. If I eat more than a little, it comes back up right away...but I seem to have to live on that tightrope all the time, or else I'll eat. I obviously have lost nothing of the addition or binging capability, so I do understand completely what you're going through- I wish I could think of how to help, but of course I can't. Are you still happy with your surgeon. Do you think that he's trying hard enough to help you through this? Maybe you need someone else to look at your situation....see you with fresh eyes.

In the meantime, don't lose faith. Try hot sweet drinks, like Ralphs 25 calorie hot chocolate to give you a full feeling that satisfies the sweet tooth as well. I use that a lot. Make sure you have diet stuff around so that if you eat, you aren't doing too much damage. Soy ice cream instead of Hagan Daz, that sort of thing.

I'm off now for Shabbat. Back Sat night or Sunday. I'm around.