Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Hello, my wife and I just got our date, April 26th. Can't wait but am getting nervous.

Good for you both...what a journey to take together. Any of us one year bandsters can give you information and/or advise, but may I also suggest getting involved with the April 2009 group as all of us here found it very, very helpful to have each other- people going through the surgery and recovery at the same time.

Best of luck and please ask us anything you need!

Thank you to everyone for chipping in on the advice. I'm have mixed days now. I can eat more one than another- though never very much. And if I blow it badly and PB a lot, the next day or so I'm not only a bit sore, but really need to do liquids. My surgeon suggested that early on. WHen I bring a lot up, it makes it sore inside.

I managed to eat about 2 big pieces of matzah with cream cheese and some Cookies a couple of days ago...so yes, sometimes I can eat and I still see that saying no or "Stop" doesn't work well. Still have a lot of work to do. Today I'm on liquids pretty much - had Protein Drink and tongiht, chicken Soup. But right now I feel like I'm tighter than when I was filled! I had mashed potato and fish at the beginning, but now I sometimes can't eat that. Most of the time, I don't mind. If you'd told me to do "medifast" or something, I'd have thought you were nuts, but here I'm barely eating and not really hungry(just head hungry). I can have coffee and Protein Drinks and a nice cup of Soup and be fine. Egg salad is good.

Down another pound so something's working. I'll discuss with the doctor on the 23rd when I go back. I forgot to note who said it, but it's true....it's a very fine line between sweet spot and just a bit too tight. I'm hoping it will loosen a bit soon without having to unfill.

Very Happy Bandiversaries to this week's celebrants. You're all doing AMAZING!!!!!

Edited by gdf18

Sorry, I haven't been on in awhile. COngrats to all the anniveraries. Mine was April 2nd. I had another fill and up to 7.5cc in a 10cc band. I think it's a little tight but the scale finally moved from 163 in 4 months. My doctor told me that I needed to eat atleast 70 grams of Protein a day and 1200 calories. I have no idea how I can do this, especially if I can't eat more than 1/2 cup at a time. I try to eat every few hours but I fill like that is not enough. And for all you size 12, ,me too and I'm 5ft and 161lb. It is so weird how different we all are in losing weight and reacting to the fills. I go on vacation in one month it would be nice if I could dropped a few more pounds, but after the last few months I'm just taking one day at a time.

Way to go!! Size 12 is awesome. I was in the same boat as you as far as trying to get enough calories. I added in one Protein Shake in the evenings if I was more than 100 calories under my daily needs. If seemed to work well, though it took me about 30 minutes to get it down. I figured that was better for me than eating later, so I didn't wake up PBing or sliming. I think it's good to keep your goals open for your vacation weight. With the way you've been lately, I think you can get down a few pounds. If not, 161 is fantastic!

Cubs Girl--Hi! Couple of things...No, I haven't heard from Leslie and I'm worried too. She and I kept in touch off of here and it's been quite a while since we've talked. I hope all is well for her and I will keep her on my list of prayers too.

I HATE being hungry! I too hadn't been hungry for so long I'd forgotten what it was like!!!!! I am not doing so well these days...can eat too much, crave weird things and and hungry all the time. I got another fill today, and here's to hoping I'm a little closer than I was to a sweet spot!

Tomorrow is my 1 year 'Bandiversary'. I'm so proud, yet disappointed in how things went for me. I most certainly have had my share of struggles in this journey, but I'm not giving up! I'm determined to be a hottie no matter what!!!!

I wish I could post more. I am so busy with work and school...but I read daily, so I get encouragement from all of you every day!

How is everyone?

Hi Carol. Congrats on your Bandiversary. You should be very proud of yourself. You've been through a lot both physically and mentally and you're still in the fight!! I'm sure you're a hottie now, and each pound lost from here on just adds to your heat factor!!!!!

~C

Hi April 08 Bandsters! Just wanted to pop in and say HI! It's my 1 year anniversary, and what a difference a year makes!

I've been "off the wagon" since Christmas - just unable to get myself off the carbs and chocolate. I've gained a couple pounds and unhappy that I haven't 'FINISHED' my journey.

I've been very tight - PB'ing a LOT, some mornings can't get Water down, etc. I think this is part of my problem - I tend to eat the slider junk food because it doesn't get stuck; Veggies, fruit, lunch meat, and other healthier options are more problems for me.

I'm seeing my surgeon next week and getting some saline taken out. I'm vowing to loose 40 pounds by my son's wedding Sept 5th. Doggone it, 40 pounds is NOTHING! :-)

If I had fast internet, I'd be on here more and that would help. I also stopped doing my internet-based daily food log, which has been disasterous. I'm trying to do it at work - started back today, but it's hard because I'm SO busy at work. I think it's really important though -- It's so easy for me to play games with myself.

I feel like I'm going through detox! Remembering a year ago, when an ounce of liquid seemed like a lot and the weight was falling off....

But, even though I haven't kept up loosing, my life is SO good now compared to a year ago. I do Water aerobics x2 a week, and we've moved to our farm and have our horses at home. Life is so good and I'm so happy.

For those of you being banded soon - hope you have as good an experience as I have, and great results. Stick with it!

HOpe everyone is doing well!

Hi Lizalee. You've had a great year. Nearly 100 pounds is amazing. It's okay to fall off the wagon from time to time. Now you're ready to dust yourself off and hop on it again. 40 pounds is a great goal - I tend to do better when I have something dangling in front of me. Sign on when you have time and let us know how you're doing.

Hi Everyone!!

Had my one year checkup today. Down 113 pounds. T minus 17 and counting! Also had a small fill... added .5cc for a total of 9cc in a 14cc Lapband AP. Im so pleased with this band.... Who would have thought that something so simple could do so much good.

Congrats to everyone for one year of 'fun'.....

Way to go Don. You have been a great source of inspiration. Keep up the good work, and keep us posted on the next 17 pounds.

I'm finally in the 160's. It's a good feeling to see that scale drop down into the next "decade" isn't it? I really can't complain much. I know that if I'd exercise that I could get these last 18 pounds off more quickly. I keep saying I am going to start working out. Get some of the squish off... but I have yet to do it. Just need to start walking the talk! However, down 78 pounds in a year and wearing size 10 pants. I am happy with that! Now just need to lose those last 18 and get toned up. My new goal!

Hope everyone has a great Easter!

Tambo - Congrats on reaching the 160's. You've had a fantastic year. I'm with you - just starting to work on weight lifting again. The good news is I see results in just a week or so because there's not so much fat covering up my muscles. Keep us posted with your successes at the gym. I love to hear what somebody is enjoying or if something is working well for somebody. It helps me change up my workout so I don't get bored.

What is the pouch test thing?

I haven't done the pouch test, but here is the website with the details. If you have any questions about the test, there are quite a few threads with people who had success with it.

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

Hello, my wife and I just got our date, April 26th. Can't wait but am getting nervous.

Good luck with your surgery and weight loss journey. What a blessing to be able to support each other.

Thank you to everyone for chipping in on the advice. I'm have mixed days now. I can eat more one than another- though never very much. And if I blow it badly and PB a lot, the next day or so I'm not only a bit sore, but really need to do liquids. My surgeon suggested that early on. WHen I bring a lot up, it makes it sore inside.

I managed to eat about 2 big pieces of matzah with cream cheese and some Cookies a couple of days ago...so yes, sometimes I can eat and I still see that saying no or "Stop" doesn't work well. Still have a lot of work to do. Today I'm on liquids pretty much - had Protein drink and tongiht, chicken Soup. But right now I feel like I'm tighter than when I was filled! I had mashed potato and fish at the beginning, but now I sometimes can't eat that. Most of the time, I don't mind. If you'd told me to do "medifast" or something, I'd have thought you were nuts, but here I'm barely eating and not really hungry(just head hungry). I can have coffee and Protein drinks and a nice cup of soup and be fine. Egg salad is good.

Down another pound so something's working. I'll discuss with the doctor on the 23rd when I go back. I forgot to note who said it, but it's true....it's a very fine line between sweet spot and just a bit too tight. I'm hoping it will loosen a bit soon without having to unfill.

Very Happy Bandiversaries to this week's celebrants. You're all doing AMAZING!!!!!

Hi Gwenn - It sounds like you're really working with your band right now. It has to be frustrating to have changes on a day to day basis, but you're doing a great job. It's easier for me to be disciplined when the weight is coming off. Congrats on another pound gone forever!

Thank you for the encourgement! I'm sure that we will have lots of questions. How do we get involved with the April 2009 group?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I've almost got another pound off- nearly at 90! Changed my doctor appointment to Friday because I've been "listening" to everyone and want to find out if the fact that I'm even tighter now (or seem to be anyway) is okay. Also I'm obviously very irritated for some reason and don't want to let that "back up" with a little burn that I've been getting turn into a esaphagus issue. Always something. I don't mind not eating much....I've enjoyed taking a big drop in 6 weeks and so there to all those who think us old ladies can't lose quickly!!! But want to be safe as well. So, I'm checking it out.

No one's on much the past couple of days....hi to all who are...sorry to be complaining so much. After a year I still find myself confused and fearful of new feelings and symptoms. Thanks for your patience.

Saturday is my one year, as long as the scale does not say 200 I'll be happy! It's been a hard year but I am so so glad I did it! Hopefully by year two I will be done!!!!!!!!

I hit the 80 pound mark this morning!! Woo hoo!!!

I had wanted to be at goal by my bandiversary, but no way that's going to happen in the next week. But that's OK! I'll take 80 pounds in a year. Any day. 16 pounds to go... My BMI is right on the edge of normal!

What a journey! And it's not over yet!

:blink::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Great for you!:blink: This really encourages me. I take my wife in to be banded in 2 days and then I go in 9 days.

Hi all. I have been awol for a while :blink: I am stuck on Facebook along with alot of other bandsters. If you wanna friend me its surveyshere@gmail.com

Anway I was just checking in. I am on a plateau and have been for almost a month. I am stuck at 90lbs lost. I can honestly say it's my own fault lol. I will take responsibility. I have not been exercising and I have had more glasses of wine then I normally allow myself while losing weight.

I am not settling but I am ok with it for now. I kinda needed a little break. I hit my 1 year goal of 90lbs lost so I am happy.

I am going snowboarding the next 2 weekends so that will burn some calories. I also have mountain biking plans up at the ski passes in a month or so.

In the meantime though for the most part I have kept the Water intake above 70 oz a day so I didn't get out of that habit.

Hope this update finds everyone well. My band anniversary is next week!

I guess we've all been awol for awhile Brandy. It seems whenever I check back in, you've done the same.

I have been missing for awhile because I had hit a WALL after only losing around 60 then it went up and stayed right around 55 lost. BUT I had a fill Tuesday, too tight, had some removed yesterday and now feel like I did right after surgery a year ago! Its time to start it all over again but if I can lose another 50lbs in a little under 5 months, I won't be complaing:) But I have dropped about 5lbs since the fill being that I've lived on Water and mashed potatoes. Dr. said to give it a week of liquids to let everything calm down and then back into mushies then back to eating.

Have any of you had fills that seemed to put you back to where you were right after surgery? I am even back to not wanting sweets and craving real food/proteins!

Also, any ideas for foods right now would be appreciated. Its been so long with no real restriction, I'm out of pratice with what to eat!!!

I really don't know what all my wall is other than the lack of exercise and too much wine :) I have the same restriction as I did since my 4th fill 7 months ago. I do eat more often but I can only eat 1/4 cup at a time. I need to get more disciplined again to see whats causing it.

we have all still done a wonderful job though and I am sure we can all get back on track.