Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

My 1 year bandaversary is this Friday the 10th [Good Friday :smile:] and I'm totally pleased! Started at 265 (November 2007) and now sitting at 139! Last fill was back in October 2008. Exercise daily and well balanced meals is the key! Down 126 pounds and maintaining with ease :wub:! Good luck to all! :smile2:

-Dawn (Minnesota)

Wow you have an awesome job, you are an inspiration!

Help, help help. Why do I feel like I'm either too tight or too lose. Since the last fill I"m so tight, it's hard to eat anything. I really thought that with the band I'd lose some foods, but not as many as I have. My BIL eats most things, just small amounts. Not me. I'm still on Soups and mushies (and sometimes not that) and I was filled three weeks ago. The surgeon warned me I'd have a couple of rough weeks....now I'm moving toward my fourth. I lost a lot, but it's slowed now. I can't add food because when I try, no good. Have I written this before? Anyway, going into a two day holiday of Passover and then right into the Sabbath, so I'm off the board until Sunday. Anyone stay tight this long? Will it eventually give a little bit?

Thanks- everyone have a great weekend! Back on Sunday.

Hello everyone.

I'm getting banded on April 28th and I am freaking out! Of course I'm excited but very very nervous. Hope everything turns out great.

Good luck to everyone!

my 1 year bandiversary is coming up April 21st.

i'm still having problems with my band and acid reflux. i'm about ready to throw in the towel and just be happy with the 40 pounds i have lost and move on with my life. maybe i wasn't meant to lose more than that?

i think i'm filled with 4cc in a 10cc band. each time i try to get .5cc added my acid reflux gets so bad i throw up almost every meal and sometimes in my sleep.< /p>

my surgeon now thinks i may have a hiatal hernia that has happened after the surgery and that's why the reflux is so bad. i go see him this saturday... a fun 4 hour drive there and a fun 4 hour drive back home.

I hope you can get the reflux resolved! That sounds awful!! {{{hugs}}}

Getting my lapband tomorrow morning.

Awesome! Good Luck!

Got a date April 13th WOOT WOOT:thumbup:

Great! You are going to be so happy this time next year!

Wow there's alot going on here! I have my anniversary on the 23rd so I have a bit to go. I only lost 3 pounds last month but that is ok. I would like to have 5 this month but if I can even manage 3 again I will be ok. I won't be estatic but atleast it's not going in the wrong direction.

If you're on Facebook you're welcome to add me

Surveyshere@gmail.com

Brandy Whine

I am on Facebook too! Send my a pm and I will add you! :smile:

Help, help help. Why do I feel like I'm either too tight or too lose. Since the last fill I"m so tight, it's hard to eat anything. I really thought that with the band I'd lose some foods, but not as many as I have. My BIL eats most things, just small amounts. Not me. I'm still on Soups and mushies (and sometimes not that) and I was filled three weeks ago. The surgeon warned me I'd have a couple of rough weeks....now I'm moving toward my fourth. I lost a lot, but it's slowed now. I can't add food because when I try, no good. Have I written this before? Anyway, going into a two day holiday of Passover and then right into the Sabbath, so I'm off the board until Sunday. Anyone stay tight this long? Will it eventually give a little bit?

It sounds like you are too tight. You should not have to suffer through rough days! I am pretty tight right now too but an able to eat regular food but not much of it. Just about 1/4 cup probably. I cannot eat many things either. Yesterday I had a cheese stick mid morning and some lentil Soup for lunch and just a cheese stick for dinner. I had one Protein Drink that kept me feeling full yesterday evening. I am able to drink lots of Water with no restriction which is a good sign. Even with eating so little I am not showing any losses on the scale this week. I have exercised so I hope to show some losses soon! Good Luck!

Edited by ColoradoChick

Hi Colorado Girl- ONE of the days, I'm going to be able to say YES to sending 16/18. Not yet, but one of these days!

Yes you will! It is a nice feeling! I am wearing 12's now but I do not think that will be for long. I must carry my weight in a weird way because the scale says 194 this morning. My co-worker weighs 160 and she is barely in a 12. My 12 are a little loose so that is odd. She is about 2 inches taller than I am - I am 5'2" and she is 5'4". It just goes to show you how it is difficult to compare one person to another!

Yes you will! It is a nice feeling! I am wearing 12's now but I do not think that will be for long. I must carry my weight in a weird way because the scale says 194 this morning. My co-worker weighs 160 and she is barely in a 12. My 12 are a little loose so that is odd. She is about 2 inches taller than I am - I am 5'2" and she is 5'4". It just goes to show you how it is difficult to compare one person to another!

Same here. I wear 12's but they are getting too loose. I weigh 181... I just can't break into the 170's lol. I think my body is adjusting to the huge loss I hope and that once things settle back in that they will get going again. I wont panic quite yet... 90lbs is ALOT to lose and I am so grateful for all of it so far. :glare:

hi there! thanks for the response.

don't get me wrong... i'm HAPPY with my 40 pound weight loss! if i never lost another pound i'd be satisfied. i fit into a size 10 and i never thought i'd be able to get there. my weight has been consistant these past 6 months... no gaining!

the last time i saw my surgeon we talked about my weight loss and i think we determined that i've lost between 55-60% of my weight. i should be estatic about that but i'm not. my personal goal was to lose 100% of the weight.

i want to get my BMI into the "normal" range. i don't want to be "over-weight". i want to be the size i was in my early 20's before i started gaining.

i have to learn how to be more patient i guess... since i'm told that it could take up to 3 years to lose the weight. my surgeon said since i didn't have as much weight to lose as a lot of people it would be harder for me but i had no idea it would be THIS hard.

i never planned for the complications i've had. i'm happy with myself right now but i want to LOVE myself. does that make sense? does that sound too selfish?

Kalipso - So glad to hear you're happy about the 40 pounds, just wishing it could be more. I understand that completely. I don't think it's selfish to want more, or better things for yourself. I struggle with keeping things in perspective, but it seems you're in the right mind frame to continue doing well on your journey. Hopefully this extremely long slow down will pass, and you'll be on to the next phase soon.

Hi All ~

Someone asked about Salmon - yummy! We buy the fillets from the seafood case and then bring them hope - get a non stick sheet of aluminum foil - coat some olive oil on the inside of the sheet - lay the fish down - brush the fish with olive oil - wrap it up - put it on the bbq for 6-7 min each side and when it is ready - it is absolutely fabulous!! Close to restaurant style and much cheaper!! Before the band I NEVER bothered with fish - but I am telling you if you try it you will like it - and a great thing is - no mess! Just throw the foil away!!

I am happy to say that the Zantac is still working great. I didn't have much of an appetitie for two days and didn't bother to take it - and had very little reflux symptoms. Thank God - that is definitely no fun!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Thanks for the tip - we're going to give it a try on Sunday! I'm glad the reflux symptoms have decreased:smile:

Today is my bandaversary!!! One year ago today I changed my life. It has not always been easy in fact sometimes it has been pretty darn hard! But I have to say it has been well worth every minute of it!! Happy Bandaversary to all of you too!!

Happy late Bandiversary!! I'm just getting caught up on our thread. You've done great this year, despite and maybe because of some set backs! Way to keep on track and keep moving forward!!!!

It's fun to see everyone's recap of the year! Congratulations everyone!

I'm going to get another fill. I just don't feel a darn thing and I'm hungry all the time still. That is the part I hate the most. If the hunger is under control, I can control the rest. Oh well....hopefully this will help.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

~C

Carol - I'm also struggling with the hunger pains since I don't have a fill yet. I think it's worse for me now, because I haven't felt hungry since July. I forgot what it was like!! I hope the next fill you get hits the sweet spot, or at least gets you closer. Hang in there!

My 1 year bandaversary is this Friday the 10th [Good Friday :tt2:] and I'm totally pleased! Started at 265 (November 2007) and now sitting at 139! Last fill was back in October 2008. Exercise daily and well balanced meals is the key! Down 126 pounds and maintaining with ease :w00t:! Good luck to all! :thumbup:

-Dawn (Minnesota)

Dawn - Congrats on hitting your goal. Keep us posted on the maintaining. We're all creeping closer to our maintenance weight and I'm sure could use some advice. One more day for your bandiversary:smile:

HI Cubs,

I've been off for a few days (TOO MUCH WORK) but it sounds like you're getting good advice. You're in this for the long haul and the few pounds you'll possibly gain getting your levels back up will make a big difference in the long run. Like Brandy, I eat a lot of fish. My band has been so tight I'm barely off mushies this time around but I drink my Protein Shakes and chew my Vitamins and try to get fish down, even if I have to chop it up fine and put it in Soup. I tried salmon burgers with egg (more protein), a little soy sauce and green onion in it. I couldn't get it down but crumbled into split pea soup, it was yummy and very nutritious. I also TRY to drink a glass of lactose free milk every day as well for the Vitamin D and the Calcium.< /p>

Take good care of yourself. The band sure is no panacea, is it?

Hi GDF - The extra Multi Vitamin and Vitamin D seems to have done the trick. I can't believe how much more energy I have now. I know part of that is due to me getting back in the gym, which wasn't possible without the extra vitamins.

Hi again! Has your restriction lightened up yet? There seems to be such a fine line getting to the sweet spot that it can be very discouraging. Do you have reflux problems since your fill? Depending on how miserable you are, you may want to schedule an appointment with your doctor for a few days out. That way if it miraculously loosens up a bit you can cancel it, and if not you don't have to wait extra days for an appointment. I stayed tight for a really long time (approx 6 months), but ended up with esophugus issues and now a complete unfill for at least one more week (4 weeks total:frown:).

Hello everyone.

I'm getting banded on April 28th and I am freaking out! Of course I'm excited but very very nervous. Hope everything turns out great.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi Nena. Congrats on getting a surgery date. Hopefully you'll relax as the day nears. Everything worked out great with my surgery. Yours should be the same!

Congrats Colorado! It's exciting to see everyone's progress, both on the scale and off.

Same here. I wear 12's but they are getting too loose. I weigh 181... I just can't break into the 170's lol. I think my body is adjusting to the huge loss I hope and that once things settle back in that they will get going again. I wont panic quite yet... 90lbs is ALOT to lose and I am so grateful for all of it so far. :sad:

Brandy - That's so awesome. 90 pounds is incredible. I've said it before, but it blows me away! I remember you were stuck in the 190's for a bit, so you should hit the 170's with the same gusto as the 180's. Of course that's all theory, but it makes perfect sense to me!!

My bandiversary is two days away. I've stayed at the three pound gain from last week, so I feel pretty good about that. I'm adding muscle mass again (I realize I didn't add three pounds of muscle that quickly, but that's a great thought!). I've been working triceps and biceps quite a bit to get rid of the "waddle" when I wave my arm. My husband mentioned my tricep muscle was "jumping out" when I changed my shirt the other day!! I don't know why, but non-scale victories seem to motivate me more than the numbers coming down. I hope everybody enjoys a wonderful Easter.

Oh, has anybody heard from Leslie? I don't mean to be nosy, I'd just like to know she's okay. She's on my weekly prayer list and will stay there for now.

Sorry, I haven't been on in awhile. COngrats to all the anniveraries. Mine was April 2nd. I had another fill and up to 7.5cc in a 10cc band. I think it's a little tight but the scale finally moved from 163 in 4 months. My doctor told me that I needed to eat atleast 70 grams of Protein a day and 1200 calories. I have no idea how I can do this, especially if I can't eat more than 1/2 cup at a time. I try to eat every few hours but I fill like that is not enough. And for all you size 12, ,me too and I'm 5ft and 161lb. It is so weird how different we all are in losing weight and reacting to the fills. I go on vacation in one month it would be nice if I could dropped a few more pounds, but after the last few months I'm just taking one day at a time.

Cubs Girl--Hi! Couple of things...No, I haven't heard from Leslie and I'm worried too. She and I kept in touch off of here and it's been quite a while since we've talked. I hope all is well for her and I will keep her on my list of prayers too.

I HATE being hungry! I too hadn't been hungry for so long I'd forgotten what it was like!!!!! I am not doing so well these days...can eat too much, crave weird things and and hungry all the time. I got another fill today, and here's to hoping I'm a little closer than I was to a sweet spot!

Tomorrow is my 1 year 'Bandiversary'. I'm so proud, yet disappointed in how things went for me. I most certainly have had my share of struggles in this journey, but I'm not giving up! I'm determined to be a hottie no matter what!!!!

I wish I could post more. I am so busy with work and school...but I read daily, so I get encouragement from all of you every day!

How is everyone?

~C

Hi April 08 Bandsters! Just wanted to pop in and say HI! It's my 1 year anniversary, and what a difference a year makes!

I've been "off the wagon" since Christmas - just unable to get myself off the carbs and chocolate. I've gained a couple pounds and unhappy that I haven't 'FINISHED' my journey.

I've been very tight - PB'ing a LOT, some mornings can't get Water down, etc. I think this is part of my problem - I tend to eat the slider junk food because it doesn't get stuck; Veggies, fruit, lunch meat, and other healthier options are more problems for me.

I'm seeing my surgeon next week and getting some saline taken out. I'm vowing to loose 40 pounds by my son's wedding Sept 5th. Doggone it, 40 pounds is NOTHING! :-)

If I had fast internet, I'd be on here more and that would help. I also stopped doing my internet-based daily food log, which has been disasterous. I'm trying to do it at work - started back today, but it's hard because I'm SO busy at work. I think it's really important though -- It's so easy for me to play games with myself.

I feel like I'm going through detox! Remembering a year ago, when an ounce of liquid seemed like a lot and the weight was falling off....

But, even though I haven't kept up loosing, my life is SO good now compared to a year ago. I do water aerobics x2 a week, and we've moved to our farm and have our horses at home. Life is so good and I'm so happy.

For those of you being banded soon - hope you have as good an experience as I have, and great results. Stick with it!

HOpe everyone is doing well!

Hi Everyone!!

Had my one year checkup today. Down 113 pounds. T minus 17 and counting! Also had a small fill... added .5cc for a total of 9cc in a 14cc Lapband AP. Im so pleased with this band.... Who would have thought that something so simple could do so much good.

Congrats to everyone for one year of 'fun'.....

Wow Don!!! Amazing! You have really figured out how this banding thing works, haven't you? You are going to be at goal in no time! Congratulations!

Lizalee, hang in there. I am in the same spot. When I feel like I get to good restriction, it's too much and I am PBing all the time. Still losing slowly though so I just tough it out. I am going to add in some Protein Drinks to try to get more calories in. I know they'll stay down!

Turler: Happy Bandiversary!! You have a great attitude. You've taken your share of problems in stride, for sure. I am praying that you are on the right track now!

I'm finally in the 160's. It's a good feeling to see that scale drop down into the next "decade" isn't it? I really can't complain much. I know that if I'd exercise that I could get these last 18 pounds off more quickly. I keep saying I am going to start working out. Get some of the squish off... but I have yet to do it. Just need to start walking the talk! However, down 78 pounds in a year and wearing size 10 pants. I am happy with that! Now just need to lose those last 18 and get toned up. My new goal!

Hope everyone has a great Easter!