Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

"One-derland" is still 38 pounds away. So close and yet so far. Doing better with less non-essential calories. But, I'd like to eat less. I think I can eat too much at a sitting. Next Tuesday is my check-in and I'm going to ask for a little tightening. Just gotta break through this "wall". I was doing so great and now it's flat. What is everyone eating? How do you handle late afternnon hunger- do you get it?

Thanks-

Protein, Protein, Protein. I love muscle milk and it has 22g of protein in each one. That is what I have in the afternoon. I might also have an Activa nonfat yogurt or some almonds. I also recently found "Smart Food" white cheddar popcorn with relatively low carbs and it is yummy - if I want just a snack.< /p>

I have almost no hunger these days. I must remind myself to eat just to get the recommended protein in. I also try to drink a lot of Water. I recently had a fill that made me too tight for a while. It is just now starting to relax a bit and give me a little relief.

My only hindrance these days is finding the time to exercise. That is when I see my loss come to a screeching halt.:cursing:

I don't ever get hunger. I don't even know when I am hungry. If I think I am hunry it's just my head hunger lol. I don't have physical hunger it's very very weird. I kinda love it.

My new job is absolutely awesome. Because of it I don't give into head hunger right now because I am so busy I don't have the time to care what my heads saying. I am too busy trying to absorb all the info being dumped on my brain! I do live close to my work so it's awesome I drive home for my lunch it takes literally 4 minutes so I get to see my dogs and have something healthy to eat instead of fast food.< /p>

I lost another 3 pounds this week and I feel absolutely awesome. I am sure I will meet my 90lbs lost by 1 year goal so I might look more towards 95lbs lost if I hit the 90.

Sorry I have been popping in and out but I have been so freaking busy with the new job!

Later all :unsure:

Brandy - Congrats on size 12 being loose! That's awesome. And, way to go with the extra 3 pounds!!!

Carol - I'm glad to hear you're getting back on track, slowly but surely, with your fills. You've shown great self-control and that will pay off over time!

I went shopping yesterday and bought 4 pairs of size 6 jeans. Wahoo! I have three large garbage bags of clothes to take to Goodwill. My closet has 4 pairs of pants, 3 pairs of sweat pants, 7 shirts (size medium) for work, and a few XL sweatshirts. I'm anxious to fill it up again, but will need to do it over a few months time.

Congrats CC on the size 6's! You're so close to goal that's so sweet!

My closet keeps getting filled and then cleaned out. My local goodwill only takes donations on the day and time I am at work.. That really sucks cause I could use the tax deduction.

You're right, you're right, you're right. And I know that carbs make me hold Fluid and in general are not as good for me as Protein. But, carbs are much easier to go down. So, I've been trying straight calories but I may have to go back toward a high protein regimen (I refuse to use the word DIET). I am hungry a lot and some of it is stress. One day I read one of the threads here, and the woman said that she gets "nudgy" hungry, and that she's learned to just ignore it. It doesn't necessarily go away. I guess at the beginning I lost so much so quickly that I never thought I'd face slowdown. I am drinking too quickly so a tightening would be a good idea.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder on protein. I really need hte support right now.

Gwenn I have been thinking of you when I eat so I just noted a couple things that I eat that I don't consider diet food... I didn't sign up for the surgery to go on a diet per say.

I found these boxes of Marinated Salmon in the freezer section at costco. 1 piece is about 2 meals for me... sometimes 3 meals. Since I love my carbs and cant eat bread I sometimes makes a couple servings of mashed potatos. I use rubbermaid containers and split the fish and potatos into 2-3 containers and pop in the fridge. This way if I need something quick or at lunch for work I just grab one and I get about 125 calories and 15 grams of Protein. It's not alot of protein but it feels you up and you get your potato fix too :laugh: Moderation though.

The other superfood I use is Edamames... 1/4 cup is way plenty and for those you get 130 calories and 16 grams of protein. I get the huge jar of them at costco for 5.99 and it lasts months! The dry roasted/salted ones are awesome and just like eating a nut.

To get all my Water in I keep a pitcher of milk jug of crystal lite made up and to change it up sometimes I drink Nestle purelife. My doctor told me that he counts Milk and any decaff tea or coffee towards liquid intake so I drink those at work and before I know it I have had 80 ounces before I leave work at 3pm.

Oops I forgot to add.. You can also put Unjury in the mashed potatos when making them.. Then you're getting another 15 grams or so of protein for 1 meal... so a total of 30 grams.

Anyone else wanna share some tips I would love to see them :thumbup:

Edited by Brandy~

Hi all! I'm still alive, just don't post much anymore. I'm doing well and still loosing; although a lot slower now. I'm excited to say that I now wear a 12/14, down from a 22/24. I'll take it! I'm ready to get the rest of my weight off, but don't see me doing that by bandiversary. Well, who am I kidding, it's really not even possible but I'm okay with that. I really need to regroup a little. Kind of gotten away from some of the bandster rules or at least gotten lax about them. I gave up sugar for Lent which was the first step to breaking the old bad habits that keep trying to sneak back in.

Way to go Brandy on your progress!

Gwenn, I did see where you were asking if anyone still got hungry. I really don't have physical hunger pains anymore. I know I'm hungry when my blood sugar drops and I get shaky and/or a headache. I try really hard not to let that happen, but because I don't feel the physical signals, it happens sometimes when I'm really busy. I try to eat every few hours whether I'm "hungry" or not.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Haven't had the time to catch up...sorry. I plan to post bandiversary pics next month. If I don't talk to ya'll before then, good luck and keep up the good work!!

You don't know how great it is that you thought to "think" of my issues. I see one big difference. You're eating list someone who is restricted and I'm eating like someone who isn't, except that eventually, I'll eat something that doesn't go down at all and need to bring it up. I'm eating way too much food. I don't feel restricted unless it's something that "catches" in the band, and I can chug down my fluids, and can even drink when I'm eating. I'm going to the surgeon on Tuesday and am asking for more restriction. I should not be able to chug Water.< /p>

I've increased my water and other fluids so that's getting better. I still feel like I spend too much time dealing with what I'm eating and how much I'm drinking, but I guess that's not going away too soon.

I like your idea about breaking the food down immediately. I think I'm going to try that so that. I try to make enought tuna salad or salmon salad for a couple of days- and for my husband for lunch. But often I take the whole amount to work. I should take the amount I want to eat. And I need so spread out eating because of the shoulder pain I get if emtpy.

I'm back to 239 so I'm not that far off now. My lowest was 235.

Thanks again and see you all later.

Gwenn~ You're right I do have restriction and you could use a fill if you can 'chug' Water.< /p>

Once you get the right restriction you will find it much much easier. tuna salad is a great thing to eat too. Make sure you're going with lite mayo. When I make dinner and have left overs I make sure to break it down right away into different containers with the right amount. I can eat about 4 oz at a sitting.

Sounds like you're handling the situation well and you will be fine once you have a fill or 2.

Hi Ladies! I hope everybody had a great weekend.

Bea - So nice to hear from you. I'm glad you're doing well and getting back on track. I also wanted to be at goal by my bandiversary, but have changed my goal by 5 - 10 pounds so I won't quite make it. But, I'm just fine with that, as we're all in this for the long haul and I'll gladly take a few extra months to get where I need to be.

Gwenn - I also make up portion-size containers for work. Like you, I tried to bring just a big container of something and take out what I needed to eat. However, I was clearly overeating, or at least not paying close attention to my caloric intake. Now, I bring in 2 - 3 portions on Monday, just in case I need to eat again before going home. I realize in theory we should know how much we're going to eat. But, for me my blood sugar drops and I get dizzy and sick to my stomach. I'd much rather eat 1/4 - 1/2 of a lunch portion around 3, then try to make it until I get home. When I do that, I typically eat a smaller dinner to maintain the calories I need. I know it's frustrating when you need a fill, but you're doing the right things! It seems to work best for me if I identify the problem even though it might be a few weeks before I can do anything about it. It keeps it in the front of my mind and helps me make better choices. You've done well to get your weight back down. Your perseverance will pay off!!!

Brandy - Thanks for the great ideas. I'm a bit swamped at work today, but will post a few of my "standards" tomorrow. Congrats on losing a few more pounds!! Married life agrees with you. My husband and I married a few years ago. Everybody keeps telling him that I'm doing things in reverse - I was heavier when we got married than I am now, instead of gaining weight after getting married. I don't take offense to it, but I'm glad they tell him and not me. Only a few people have said it, and I know they are proud of me and not being mean.

Thats funny CC Cause I get the same thing... He is always saying that usually you get heavier during marriage... Not skinnier.

Hi everybody!

Just checking in. I've got to tell you that I was given 'permission' to eat normal food by the doctor. Since then, I have thought that I wanted to eat all the things I don't normally get to. WELL......Let me tell you. It's been less than gratifying. I have been so disappointed. I thought I wanted BW3's wings...yeah, anticlimatic. Thought I wanted onion rings...ate one. ONE! Greasy. Thought I wanted pecan chicken...blech. Not so much. So then my friends came over this weekend and they are on a diet..South Beach. I was bummed because I thought we'd eat something "yummy" like they usually do (while I eat soup), but instead, we ate grilled chicken, tomatoes and salad. Well that was FRICKEN DELICIOUS!!! Funny how my tastes have changed. I am definitely getting more enjoyment out of the healthier options than the 'crap' I thought I was missing out on.

So this week, I've learned that I'm NOT really missing out on anything, and my 'pallate' has changed. I really LIKE the food I've been eating for almost a year!! WOO HOO! I feel like that is such a victory in itself. I wish I were down more in weight...but you all know I've had my share of uncontrollable set-backs. But I am thrilled at the REAL changes I've made!

Just wanted to share....

~C