Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Congrats Carol! Maybe your body adjusted to all the liquids. Kind of like when we do the same exercise all the time and our body just gets used to it. Sounds like youre gonna get the weight moving again.

I am sure the shoulder pain is probably the gas issue that lots of bandsters experience. My doctor told me it could be 1 of 2 things. That either theres still gas trapped in the abdomen and that it migrates north or that a nerve is pinched.

You're doing great and I am happy to hear that you were able to get your band replaced and you're back on track :wink:

Okay okay okay. Between you and Brandy, I better get going. We've been on and off this site together since banding and I'm falling behind. That's what I need.....a bit of competition. LOL

I was just going to ask if you'd tell me where you started so that I'd know if you're hitting these sizes was the same as me.....I started at 315. And hovering between 238 and 242 right now. Who's good at math? What's my 60-70%? I'm afraid to know.

Gwenn

I was just going to ask if you'd tell me where you started so that I'd know if you're hitting these sizes was the same as me.....I started at 315. And hovering between 238 and 242 right now. Who's good at math? What's my 60-70%? I'm afraid to know.

Gwenn

I was 271 and started as a size 22 TIGHT should of been a 24.

What's your height I will tell you the percent

for example...

if you started at 315 and you're 5'4" then your healthy weight is around 140. That means 100% of your excess weight is 171 pounds. You have lost 77 so you take 77 divided by 171 to get the %. You have lost approx 45% if you're 5' 4"

Hi Brandy. Can you check my math and tell me if I figured my percentage out correctly?

I started at 217 pounds. I'm currently 138 pounds. I'm 5 feet and 3/4 inch - in this case I'm rounding up to 5'1". According to BMI calculations, I'm barely in the normal range right now. 135 puts me 1 point lower, so I chose that as my goal weight. I'm not sure if you used BMI to calculate your healthy weight. If I'm figuring correctly, my excess weight is 217 - 135 = 82 pounds. I've lost 79 pounds or 96% of my excess weight. Thanks for your help!

On a seperate note, I have 2 pair of size 12 petite SHORT Levi's (denim color). One pair I wore twice and one pair I wore pretty steady to work for about a month. They are both in great shape. If you're interested, I'm happy to send them to you. Not sure if the SHORT length works for you, but you're welcome to have them. I'm happy to be out of size 12, but not really wanting to spend a lot of money on pants right now.

Hi Brandy. Can you check my math and tell me if I figured my percentage out correctly?

I started at 217 pounds. I'm currently 138 pounds. I'm 5 feet and 3/4 inch - in this case I'm rounding up to 5'1". According to BMI calculations, I'm barely in the normal range right now. 135 puts me 1 point lower, so I chose that as my goal weight. I'm not sure if you used BMI to calculate your healthy weight. If I'm figuring correctly, my excess weight is 217 - 135 = 82 pounds. I've lost 79 pounds or 96% of my excess weight. Thanks for your help!

On a seperate note, I have 2 pair of size 12 petite SHORT Levi's (denim color). One pair I wore twice and one pair I wore pretty steady to work for about a month. They are both in great shape. If you're interested, I'm happy to send them to you. Not sure if the SHORT length works for you, but you're welcome to have them. I'm happy to be out of size 12, but not really wanting to spend a lot of money on pants right now.

Hey CC! Yes, you're right you're 96% of the way there rounding down since the 3rd digit is a 3 :)

I wear petites but I will pass on the offer.. But thank you. I have 12's on right now and they get pretty stretched out during the day so I don't think much longer and I am gonna want a 10. Its amazing how I can be 45lbs heavier than you and be heading for a 10. Everyone holds the weight different. I have thick legs though so getting into the skinny jeans they make nowadays is out of the question lol

Do me, do me! LOL

Okay, lemme see if I got this right. I'm 5'4 1/2" so I always just say 5'5". I started at 269 and think goal should be 140. That makes my excess weight 129#. I've lost 80, so that would equate to 62%. Right? Did I figure that correctly?

The good news is that I'm at least in the average range at this point. I'm certainly not feeling 'done' and getting re-banded should eventually kick in.

I had my post-op follow up today and didn't get a fill yet. He is letting me move on to regular food and will give me my 'first' fill in 2 weeks. He wanted to make sure I get it done under flouro since I had such a bad slip. He showed me the band I got and it's amazing how much softer this one is compared to the older model I had---"older" is relative of course because it was the 4 cc band that so many of us have. Now they are using more of the 10 and 14 cc bands. I am hoping that I won't get stuck as often with this one because it has a little "give" to it. Anyway, I'm encouraged. He also released me to exercise, so hopefully I can drag my butt back to the gym and get this show back on the road!!

~C

You are a doll. Okay. I just looked at WW's weight chart. I'm 5' 2.5" so I'm looking at 5'3" so that's listed at 141. and I'll figure at my higher 240 so that's 43%. I got it now. Thanks. Now I see why they say people take off an average of 50-60%. If I get down to 199, I'd be at 66% and that would be 115 pounds down. I'm so happy this has come up because when they first told me to expect about 60%, I was totally insulted. I figured something like GOAL, not insurance weight charts. Wow, I feel better.

Tried to get the food a little better today as well. Today I was too tight to eat much. I think I need more Water. The surgeon told me that when the band is dry it's tight.

How is everyone doing? I've got to read and catch up.

Carol, you sound great and to tell you the truth, with all the aggravation, you're doing great. I don't know about your math, but according to mine....you're doing 100% fine!

Brandy,

Thanks for the math update!! It looks like I am at about 52% of excess and it looks like I will probably be about 10-12 lbs short of my 100 lb goal by April 30 - unless I hit the treadmill even harder than I already am.............

Still I am thrilled with my loss to date. I celebrated my 20 year anniversary yesterday and my husband sent me flowers with a card that read "you look great!" - that is a good feeling.

Silly me - I will definitely meet my 100 lb by 4/30 - I was thinking "onederland!!" That will still be a ways off......... :confused:

Do me, do me! LOL

Okay, lemme see if I got this right. I'm 5'4 1/2" so I always just say 5'5". I started at 269 and think goal should be 140. That makes my excess weight 129#. I've lost 80, so that would equate to 62%. Right? Did I figure that correctly?

The good news is that I'm at least in the average range at this point. I'm certainly not feeling 'done' and getting re-banded should eventually kick in.

I had my post-op follow up today and didn't get a fill yet. He is letting me move on to regular food and will give me my 'first' fill in 2 weeks. He wanted to make sure I get it done under flouro since I had such a bad slip. He showed me the band I got and it's amazing how much softer this one is compared to the older model I had---"older" is relative of course because it was the 4 cc band that so many of us have. Now they are using more of the 10 and 14 cc bands. I am hoping that I won't get stuck as often with this one because it has a little "give" to it. Anyway, I'm encouraged. He also released me to exercise, so hopefully I can drag my butt back to the gym and get this show back on the road!!

~C

Carol~ You're right on the math. You're doing awesome and I know the new bands going to work out!

Brandy,

Thanks for the math update!! It looks like I am at about 52% of excess and it looks like I will probably be about 10-12 lbs short of my 100 lb goal by April 30 - unless I hit the treadmill even harder than I already am.............

Still I am thrilled with my loss to date. I celebrated my 20 year anniversary yesterday and my husband sent me flowers with a card that read "you look great!" - that is a good feeling.

Congrats on the % lost and on the absolutely wonderful NSV you had when your hubby sent you flowers with that comment. That's one to keep for the books :confused:

Silly me - I will definitely meet my 100 lb by 4/30 - I was thinking "onederland!!" That will still be a ways off......... :confused:

We know you will and Onederland will be here in no time!