Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

How fantastic for you specialk. I think that is an awesome way to mark your milestone. It has made me think about something I could donate!!!! Keep going, you look terrific!!!!

speciak K, i love the idea of a donation to mark your losses, I think I will do that for the animal shelter here. You look amazing, congratulations and keep on going!

Special K...congrats on you loss. You look great!

Harley....you are doing so well. Doesn't it feel great to be halfway there?

Fenton, go get another fill already! You need some help. The temptation deminishes as the fill increases.

Annie, I love your hair cut. I have extremely curly hair, so when I cut it short, it gets really hard to manage and adds time to my getting ready routine. So I just keep it back in pathetic Buns or pony tails.

It's almost time to spend some energy on myself. I'm feeling frumpy in my way too big clothes and my always pulled back hair. I'm working my way up to it.

Christine

Wow SpecialK, that's fabulous! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for all of your kind comments about my hair. I had a very discouraging night last night, went out dancing with some friends and not only did I not dance with a single boy, I was felt up by one girl and propositioned by another. Then I had guys call me a "dyke" on TWO separate occasions! I couldn't believe it! I hate judgemental people!

I'm considering growing my hair again now that the Hair loss seems to have slowed. I think it's something about Australian men -- they just immediately think any short-haired girl is gay. I know i've joked about this before, but I'm actually quite upset about it now! I felt really hurt last night.

Annie, I am glad to hear that the hair loss seems to have slowed. I am sorry you had a rough night out last night. Why are there so many STUPID people in the world?

Hugs!

Christine

annie, i live in seattle which has a really large gay population, it was certainly an adjustment having women look at me now too or to go for lunch or dinner with a friend and have the server assume we're a couple because I have short hair, i've gotten over it by thinking that a. do i really care what a complete stranger thinks about me, who I'll never see again after this encounter and b. a year ago, I didn't get any attention from male or female, I was invisible and now I'm not so I guess I should just be flattered.

Not everyone can pull off short hair, you look amazing so don't let the thoughts of stupid strangers make you grow it back out!

Good morning everyone or should I say G'day to those down under! I appreciated all the encouragement for hitting my latest milestone. Wanted to be sure you all know I'm not the kind who wanted any recognition (not bragging) about making a donation. My real motivation in sharing my picture of holding onto 60 lbs of something was to give you an idea for how to keep measuring progress. I'm actually trying to think what I want my next milestone to be and I'm kind of stuck other than to say my next 10 lbs or my next set of new numbers. I still have my special goal of getting on a plane and not needing a seatbelt extender but I don't have any plans to fly anywhere over the holidays so I don't have to consider that one.

What is your next milestone you are working toward?

For those of us who want to know all about Paris, please tell us a little about where you bought a place in Paris and did you do that to have a place to write your next novel, do you have alot of friends and support there (those who know you are banded).

I went over to Paris by myself and joined onto a Collette Vacations tour group once I got there and had the time of my life touring all around France for 2+ weeks about 6 years ago. I kept wanting to travel and could never get a friend's schedule or a family member in synch with mine, or when I had the money to go on a great vacation (or was committed to save to go) nobody else seemed to have the money or would commit to go so I finally one year said to heck with everyone else, I'm going to start living it up on my own. Anyway, I flew into Paris, saw the Orsay Museum, had dinner in the restaurant in the Effel Tower at twilight, took a boat cruise on the Seine river thru the city, got to see a dancing revue show, and that was just my first 3 days in France. The tour was called Impressions of France or something like that and we hit all the great art locations, Cezanne's, Monet's, Van Gogh's, etc. and ended the last week in the south of France in Provence, San Tropez, took in Monte Carlo/Monaco - tried a few slot machines just to say I gambled there! and I finished at Nice, France in a fabulous hotel overlooking the Mediterranean. So if anyone wants to plan for something fabulous to Celebrate their goal in the future, I loved this trip so whenever I hear Fenton post that he's heading off to Paris again, I'm so envious!

So Fenton, tell us all the fabulous things we should do if we get to Paris or France again. What district in Paris do you live in?

Also Fenton, I was thinking about the shows I've seen in the past where they talk about how most of the French are not overweight and they emphasized (if I remember correctly) that the French gets lots of exercise from walking, they eat small portions but don't cheat themselves from having a single piece of good chocolate or a small amount of a things, etc. I know I saw fabulous pastries and chocolate shops on almost every corner in Paris when I was there but since I can't eat too much bread anyway now, the temptation if I was in Paris would be to stay away from the high-fat sauces and the candy. I wish you well when you return there and as much control as is humanly possible and dont' forget you are human.

Edited by SpecialK

Congrats on all the weight loss to everyone and Annie, I think you are cute as can be. Don't mind those with shallow minds but I don't think I would have enjoyed being felt up by a strange woman or man!

Hit a bump in the road, pulled a ligament on the top of my left foot so now I can't walk for exercise. I am wearing a "boot" that makes everyone think I broke my foot. Try to act graceful in that! I am 10 lbs. short of my goal for vacation 10/12, so I am a little upset. Those cute shorts I bought for vacation still seem a little tight!! Going to wear them anyway....Disney may never be the same and Micky may have to cover his eyes!

Busy - Even if you don't quite make your goal before your vacation, have a wonderful time!! I am envious!!! I love Disney World, it is one of my favorite places to go. We were last there June of 2007 and we bought the dining package... we will never do that again, we walked around so bloated from eating it was ridiculous. Didn't want to lose money on our package, so we ate, ate and ate!!! Now, it is so different with the band, limiting the amount of pressure to eat and not focusing so much on the food when on vacation. I just think back and can't believe how I ate to get my money's worth and how it isn't about getting your money's worth anymore!!!!

Fenton - I too would like to hear more about Paris!

Annie - I had a date with a girl once and didn't even know it!!!! I didn't find out until years later she was gay!!! I thought she just liked to hang out!!!!! LOL!!!!

I had one wild weekend... I had my 25th class reunion this weekend. Fri and Sat. lots of old friends , drinking, and food and drinking!!!! It was fun, but now back to the straight and narrow path!!!! I actually got to wear a new outfit from Kohls right off of the rack!!!! Haven't been able to buy things off of the rack in a long time!!!!

I had a date with a girl once and didn't even know it!!!! I didn't find out until years later she was gay!!! I thought she just liked to hang out!!!!! LOL!!!!

That was so funny!

I am planning on having a wonderful time. We are taking 3 grandsons with us so what I don't lose before might be lost there. I understand about the pressure of "eating to get your money's worth". DH is tall and lean; therefore, he enjoys Ryans, Godfathers, and all those others. They make money on me so there is no sense in me going! Thanks for the words, we will have fun.

Fenton, tell about Paris...please!

Annie--I think you look amazing with the new do'! Not everyone can pull of such short hair, but you do it VERY well! I love the glasses, too! As for the girls hitting on you...I would just take it as a compliment! It is a shame that we live in 2008 and words like "dyke" are still being thrown around at strangers! Hold your head high, girl...You look amazing!

Kathy--What a great visual! Way to go!!

I have been luggin around my 5yr old DD the past week (she is sick) and she is about 58lbs...it makes me stop and think what last year was like for me!

Hope everyone is doing a better job than me lately. The candybar sales for my DD dance is killing me. I have got to get them out of my House!!!

Hello, I have been around for a while and thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing.

I went in for my fill on 9.19.08. they put in .8 cc's. making me a total of 8.8 cc's. However, I went right back in on Wednesday, 9.24.08, to get an unfull of .4 cc's. I was just too tight. .8 cc's has been my smallest fill, so I am guessing that I am getting to my sweet spot, I am hoping. since my unfill I can eat more but I know when I am full faster. I would rather be a little too loose than too tight. So, there ya go. here is my update.