Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Good for you Scrappy. Wish I could get the pounds to fall off a pound a day too. Keep up the good work.

Harley, I understand what you are going through. I too tend to grab a few nuts or something small to eat between meals. It's the head hunger not the stomach hunger. I had a can of mixed nuts sitting on the counter and decided to put them away. I went all day and never thought about them today because they were out of sight.

Hopefully these short term goals we're setting for ourselves will get us through the holidays.

Edited by wishin4

I would be willing to do a short term goal by Christmas. I am sorry that you all are at a plateau like myself, but I am glad I am not alone. Someone told me it was my 6 month plateau. Does anyone think that might be the case? I go in for a fill woth a new Dr. on Friday and am alittle nervous. My other surgeon moved so I am having to get established elsewhere. I hope getting this other fill will jump start that weight loss again. Question, what does everybody use as their workout? I would like to use different things any suggestions. How many of you watch the biggest loser? Thanks for replying:thumbup:

I do thionk we can consider this a 6 month plateau. there seems to be several of us at the same point. I seem to finally heading at a loss. Being VERY conscious of my intake: calories and Protein.. seems to be helping. As well as now having physical therapy for my knee, it has helped tone up some muscles a bit. so an added benefit there. :redface:

I am still here. I hit onderland last week. I went for about a month and stayed the same and then last week I lost 6 pounds. I would get on the scale every morning and would be down 1 pound. I'd like that to happen for the next 50 days.

I am 195 pounds now and would like to be at 175 by christmas.

WTG - Scrappy, congrats..:redface:

Thinking of a short term goal for myself. maybe another 10 # by xmas. Things have been slow going in the weight loss area, but trying to get back on track.. Holidays are always a tough time to stick to a weight loss regimine, but it will be 9 months post op for me and I really think I have a good handle on this life style change. even with the slow weight loss recently.

Rhonda!!!! Way to go!!!!! You are doing so well. I am in awe of how you have been doing so very, very well. Congratulations!!!

Christine

Hello, all you wonderful ladies and gents of the march bandsters, I too, am knocking at onederland's door. I am 200 exactly and I will go for a small fill on 10/10/08. I would like to be 180 by Christmas. Just to think about that number almost is scary, but with this wonderful tool in me I aknow that number is not impossiable. Without the band I would be 20llbs heavier after all the holiday hoopla!! I am very frustrated with the whole plateau but overall very blessed. Maybe this fill will help!! :redface: this is what I feel like on the plateau's!

Thanks Kerry3

Rhonda-Holy crap! You're the LapBand Poster Child!!!!!

What EXACTLY are you doing? Share girlfriend.

My new short term goal is to get my Ticker to be able to say less than 100 lbs to go!

My congrats to Scrappy too! You're inspiring.

Hi Shamrocks. When I did the Walk from Obesity in my area this past weekend, we received different papers and brochures and one was for the National Association of WLS website and I checked it out today. There is a Daily Inspirations link with a short but motivating reading. I enjoyed this one on there called Purr While You Nap but then I am a cat lover. Here is the link if you'd like to check it out or bookmark it as a Favorite.

Daily Inspirations

Purr while you nap.

A cat knows how to lounge in a sunbeam without guilt or how to ask for attention without shame. A cat will lie in your lap, sleeping and purring at the same time. They understand what pleases them and they seek it out. Not only that, they know they are entitled to it, and they revel in it.

Do you know how to purr while you nap? How to feel so satisfied, relaxed, comfortable, pleased, and nurtured you can't help but feel bliss? Do you deny yourself those feelings?

Action for the day: Today, be a cat. Spend a few minutes seeking true bliss. Take a luxurious nap, get a massage, lounge in a warm bath, or read a book while curled up on the couch.

© 2007, National Association for Weight Loss Surgery.

As far as I know if I am giving them credit, I can share a sample so I did. Hope its okay.

"I did it, I did it, I really, really did it"!!!!

I am finally below 300 pounds!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy!!!!!

Congratulations to all of you that hit onderand!!!! Hope to be there someday!!!

:wub::Dancing_wub::wub::Dancing_wub::)

I was sharing at our local support group that my MedicID Bracelet is so lose now its flipping around my wrist and my rings are getting loose and I'm putting them on my middle finger instead of ring finger and a lady told me --> Trace your hands right away on a piece of paper including down past your wrists and date the day you did it. You'll be amazed at how much your hands are changing in size. So, since I still have a ways to go, I'm going to do this today and see how it goes as I keep losing more.

Thanks for celebrating with me!!!

I noticed how loose my watches are getting to be, I'll have to ask DH to take out a link or two for me soon.

I posted this on the powder room thread, but since Jonathan hasn't been on lately maybe he'll miss this :)(LOL)!.... I had my yearly mammogram on Monday and the tech was looking at my films from last year and the ones she took, she said "Have you lost some weight?" :tt1: I am like OMG!! Who would have thought it would be that obvious on my films... yes I have lost a cup or two!!!!!! Turns out, her DH is in the process of getting approval for the Lap Band and we had a really nice conversation!!!!!

Edited by Tess415

Thanks for celebrating with me!!!

I noticed how loose my watches are getting to be, I'll have to ask DH to take out a link or two for me soon.

I posted this on the powder room thread, but since Jonathan hasn't been on lately maybe he'll miss this :)(LOL)!.... I had my yearly mammogram on Monday and the tech was looking at my films form last year and the ones she took, she said "Have you lost some weight?" :tt1: I am like OMG!! Who would have thought it would be that obvious on my films... yes I have lost a cup or two!!!!!! Turns out, he DH is in the process of getting approval for the Lap Band and we had a really nice conversation!!!!!

A slimmer mammogram!

What a great NSV....how funny that she could tell!!

Congrats on all of your milestones, Tess!