Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Christine, how did you know you had gastritis? What signs triggered you to go to the doctor? I have had some concerns with soreness in my port area after 6 months. I do not want to over-react but I waited too long for my band.

I also have been put on antiflamitory drugs by another doctor for a pulled ligament in my ankle due to walking. Not a medical person....but aren't these NSAIDs (spelling sucks)? I don't need to take these do I?

I don't know if the question is do you need the anti imflammatories it is that, as I was told by my DR: we are not to take NSAIDS...I ended up with a course of prednisone when I told my Orthopedic DR I could not take NSAID, since lap band surbery

Hey March bandsters, I have been at a plateau for two months now. The scale has not moves anywhere. I exercise, log, are any of you out there having issues like this? I have noticed the one lady I beieve delores started at the same weight as myself and you are booking it. Care to share some of your secrets for someone with the same number for awhile. Thanks Kerry3:cursing:

Hey March bandsters, I have been at a plateau for two months now. The scale has not moves anywhere. I exercise, log, are any of you out there having issues like this? I have noticed the one lady I beieve delores started at the same weight as myself and you are booking it. Care to share some of your secrets for someone with the same number for awhile. Thanks Kerry3:cursing:

I am also at a plateau, lose 3 lbs gain 3 lbs...I feel like i' making good choces but have noticed I can eat a wendy's hamburger at times and had craving foro chips, which I never usually eat so I'm thinkng I'm slt deprived.i've been workng out ate there....lets hope so, the resure is on to succeed.... least 3 x per week. I have another appt on Wednesday (my birthday give to me :) ) to get a little more fill, mabe'll finally b

I have decided to set a short term goal for myself. I would like to be in Onederland by Christmas. Anyone want to join me in setting a short term goal? I am thinking with the Holidays coming up there is going to be a lot of temptation. I need something to keep me stictly on track.

Christine

Hi all

I am also at a plateau since the end of july.I have had 2 fills since then and they seem to have done nothing.DR.says they may take up to 2 weeks to kick in but that has never been my norm.I usually always feel something the first few days,but nothing the last 2 fills.I have been tracking and most days I eat between 1000-1500 cals which i know is to much.I find I am slipping into old habits of nighttime eating grrrrrrrr...........:cry_smile:I have not been doing much exercise but on a more positive note I am going to get back on track today.Have a great week everyone.

Pat

here so many of us sit at a plateau. I have lost only 6# in 3 months, and that is being generous with my count. some gains in the process too.

If anyone can figure out a solution to the issue please pass it on to those of us in the similar position. I am trying to keep my calories at no more than 1200 per day and walk on a regular basis

HELP!!!

I think a Christmas goal would be Great! I am going to be aggressive and shoot for 219...that would be 26 lbs! Can I do that with Halloween, Thanksgiving, three family birthday parties and Christmas goodies??? Only one way to find out!!!

Hey all, that is a great idea to have a special Christmas goal or even a New Years goal giving us another week. If I try to be in wonderland by that time I would have to lose another 33 pounds. I don't know if it's do-able but I am going to give it a whirl. I have been a little lax at times. I am off to the YMCA for my daily workout now. Good luck to everyone. Have a great day

I would be willing to do a short term goal by Christmas. I am sorry that you all are at a plateau like myself, but I am glad I am not alone. Someone told me it was my 6 month plateau. Does anyone think that might be the case? I go in for a fill woth a new Dr. on Friday and am alittle nervous. My other surgeon moved so I am having to get established elsewhere. I hope getting this other fill will jump start that weight loss again. Question, what does everybody use as their workout? I would like to use different things any suggestions. How many of you watch the biggest loser? Thanks for replying:thumbup:

I think setting a goal is a great idea ! I'm in . I will set my goal at 20 lb. loss by Christmas . It doesn't sound like much but I know It will be a struggle and didn't want to set myself up for failure . So I'll say 20 and work and hope for more .

Hi all.

I had a tiny fill today, but I know something is different. Maybe this will be the sweet spot.

On the hunger front I'm actually fine. I make it between meals without getting unusually hungry. My problem is portion. I eat out a lot (work + it's just DH & I for dinner) EVERYTHING looks so good on the menu. I try to keep it to appetizer portion but even those can be large. Plus I'm talking while Im eating and before I know it everything on the plate is gone. Booze is also an issue. When I socialize I like to have my glass(es!) of wine. That calorie count can add up. Then a little nibble here or there and BANG!! the pounds come on.

I've been keeping up with the trainer 3 times a week with cardio after each session. I swim 45min once a week and that's about it.

I didn't make my goal of being my wedding weight on my anniversary. I'm 15lbs off.

I like the challenge of 0nerLand for the New Year. That would be 18lbs for me, which sounds like a lot cause I've only lost 9lbs this last 3 months. Hmmm I will give it a shot.

Man Im sitting here drinking Water and it really is going down slow. I will be so bummed if Im too tight and have problems.

On the port discomfort front. I still feel it quite a bit. I asked my Dr and he said that it's normal & the padding over the port is "melting away" (his words).

I broke down and bought a bunch of supportive underwear. Wow it really makes a difference in how my clothes fit, very smooth. It just feels weird having a waistband almost at my bra line.

Alright enough about me how is everyone else doing? Rhonda? Christine? Kathy? Tess? Lynn? Pat? Sharon? Penny? msCathy? Hope in April? Harley? WCM? Chica? Fenton? Whimsy? Terri? Ok I can't name you all but it has been a little quiet here. Miss you. Love you. Write soon!

Edited by ajoneen

Hi Everyone, I've been reading everyday, just not been posting. I'm still pluggin along and wanted to let you all know I'm knocking on the doors of Onederland and hope to be there by next Monday for my weekly weighin. I weighed in this morning @ 202.8 and am looking forward to breaking into the 100's. I haven't seen that in probably 15 years.

I have been setting a goal of 10 pounds a month and if I don't get it, i don't beat myself up over it, I just keep chugging along and so far I'm doing fine. Everybody keep up the good work, just be persistent and watch what you put in your mouth and you'll be fine.

Glad many of you are joining me in setting a short term goal. With the Holiday's coming up I really need that extra push.

I now have a UTI. The doctor feels it may be a result of allowing myself to become so dehydrated last week. I am waiting to have my prescription filled tomorrow because I wasnted something that will be kind to my recently troubled tummy and no one had it on hand. It's being ordered and will be in tomorrow.

Christine

Pluggin' along here, too!

Had a little adjustment last week and I think it's about right....been thinking I might go in for one more *little* bit, but maybe not....

Heading to Vegas for the weekend on the 17th.....just a GIRL'S TRIP!

I'm not exactly where I wanted to be for this trip....BUT I am at the lowest weight I've been at for 10 years....so it's all good!

My biggest problem comes at night.....I pick....a few pretzels, a bite of this, a taste of that....again, nowhere NEAR what it used to be, but more than it should be....if you know what I mean! I try to keep a big glass of Water or crystal light nearby and that does help......but still....

ARGGGGH!

I am still here. I hit onderland last week. I went for about a month and stayed the same and then last week I lost 6 pounds. I would get on the scale every morning and would be down 1 pound. I'd like that to happen for the next 50 days.

I am 195 pounds now and would like to be at 175 by christmas.