Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Hi All! I have a question.

I had my second fill yesterday (banded 03/11). It was 2 cc's, for a total of 4 cc's. I noticed later on yesterday & again this morning that I have like a dull ache/pain in the little pocket between my left collar and left shoulder.

Has anyone else had this? I'm on my second day of liquids & haven't had anything else to eat otherwise. Is this common or perhaps a coincidence? :thumbup:

Hey, O2BTA. It sounds like you're having either gas pain or some sort of local pressure on the diaphragm muscle next to the stomach - most of us experienced gas pains in that area after our surgery.

Hi All! I have a question.

I had my second fill yesterday (banded 03/11). It was 2 cc's, for a total of 4 cc's. I noticed later on yesterday & again this morning that I have like a dull ache/pain in the little pocket between my left collar and left shoulder.

Has anyone else had this? I'm on my second day of liquids & haven't had anything else to eat otherwise. Is this common or perhaps a coincidence? :thumbup:

I experienced some shoulder pain after my adjustments.....and if I eat too fast. It's some sort of a nerve response.....mine goes away after a day or two. The pain caused by eating too fast goes away in an hour or so....good reminder for me to slow down!

I thought I had read about someone having something similar, but I wanted to be certain.

I get a little concerned whenever there's upper body pain on the left side....especially when they say that the first signs of a heart attack can feel something similar to this! :)

This fill is totally different because I'm having a bit of dumping too. My last fill didn't affect me at all. Maybe it's the combination of the heat outdoors & the fill.

Thanks for the quick responses! :thumbup:

Hi Everyone,

Today is the first day that I've had since my last post 2 or 3 days ago to get in and catch up on everything since I'm still here enjoying myself in Nashville.

Congrats HarleyGirl on reaching onederland, I can't wait til I reach it. Keep up the good work.

I had my first PB a couple of days ago and I thought I was going to die. We had gone out for dinner and I had a salad and steak and chicken and broccoli. I had finished my salad and small steak (probably 4 oz or less) and had 1 or 2 bites of chicken and that's when it happened. OK, I should have stopped after finishing the steak but I really wanted some chicken. Needless to say after PB'ng for 2 hours and finally able to bring up a piece of chicken (twice I might add), I finally felt better. I hope I never have to go through this again, lesson learned the hard way. :(j

Despite this, my trip is going great. For the most part, I'm making good food choices but not sure that I'm loosing anything, but hoping that I'm not gaining. Oh also, found a Nintendo Wii and Wii Fit here in Nashville, so I'm hoping to begin using it when I get home next week in addition to my treadmill workouts. Well, DH is up now and I need to get in the shower so will talk later. Keep up the good work everyone.

Oh, great! Now I'm the last person in Christendom to NOT own a Wii and Wii Fit!

O2BTA - that "heart attack" panic is something that I certainly shared! Luckily, I'd learned from this site that I could expect that. If it had worsened or spread to my jaw or down my left arm, if I'd started sweating and vomiting, THEN I'd have started to worry!

I believe it's generally a good idea for people my size (well, for ME - I'm not the doc of you) to take preventitive aspirin; I take an 81 mg baby aspirin every day, and tell me that's going to ward off the heart attacks by thinning the blood a tiny bit, but it may just be wishful thinking...

No Wii here either, but my parents are buying my son one for his birthday in August. My birthday is in September so I will probably by the Fit for my birthday present. I just have to be patient!

We have a Wii, but no Wii Fit... yet! My birthday is in July and when my family asks what I'd like for a present, that'll be it!:biggrin2:

I hope they ask sooner rather than later, Chica, because finding the damn things is going to be 90% of the battle!

No Wii fro me either. I figure if i really want to use one I'll go to my daughter's, right down the street and use her's..

Just got back from Dutch Wonderland, a kiddie amusement park in Lancaster, PA. My grandson had a blast.. Weather was great and he was an absolute angel!! GEE, could gramma me prejudice about her grnadson's behavior!!! :tongue2:

Now we are crashing for a bit before dinner.

Gee guys, get busy for a few days and many of you do so well with your losses!

CONGRATULATIONS HARLEY!!!! I am so happy for you. You are really working your band! Go girl!

Fenton, I must admit I am hoping for a wii fit to enter my home soon. I just learned that the boad has a weight limit of 350 pounds....so with the speed of your loss, you too could have one soon.

Not making the best choices here...lots of head stuff going on....hungry too, but have restriction...just have to get back on track...No pity party just puttin it down here, because I need to.

Christine

I thought about getting a Wii but I know that my son would take it over even though he has x box 360. Well I have restriction now . I forgot what it was like and was eating to fast and to much at once . It was like a slap in the face which is what I needed . I won't eat like that again . Too painful .

Christine, this is something you can absolutely do. You know what choices you have to make - you know the right and you know the wrong. Maybe when you're tempted by something, you should feel your stomach to feel your port, or open your blouse to see your scar, and REMIND yourself what you've been through, and why, and ask yourself if the temptation of the wrong choice is worth the surgery you gave yourself.

Also, the longer you deal with hunger, the easier it becomes to accept it. When you feel hungry, recognize that you've succeeded - you're forcing your body to burn fat, because you won't give it what it wants.

Post more often! Tell us how it's going, and what you're thinking!

Cathy, I suspect that if your son has the Xbox360, after an initial excitement with the Wii, he'll go back to playing his 360. Besides, I'm sure there'd be times when he'd be at school or at work or otherwise out of the house when you'd be able to use it! I think exercise is really the key for weight loss with the band. Or for any weight loss, really.