Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I'm not sure when my Dr thinks I will feel restriction. I dont' know how many cc's she plans on putting in on Friday either. Everyone is so different. I wish you luck with your fill and hope you get adequate restriction soon. That's a long drive.

The last line in your signature says it all about this journey....."The first to thing to pack in your suitcase for this journey is patience".

Christine

I honestly don't know if I feel restriction or of it's psychological....but as long as it's working....who cares?

I am feeling hungrier lately......I do feel full sooner, but not as soon as I did at first......I'm thinking I'll send in my paperwork for a fill at the end of next week.

I've had 2 fills and I'm having my 3rd tomorrow. So far I have 1.8 in a 4cc band. Since my last fill I sometimes think something is going to get stuck but that feeling goes away within a few seconds. I did have a pb two weeks ago with a piece of toast. Yuck!!!

I still have problems eating meat, I can get some chicken to go through but I have to cut it into really tiny pieces and chew chew chew. My first fill is on Tuesday. Funny thing is I think one of my stitches is sticking out of my incision on the left. It appears to be this clear piece of thread so I plan to show it to the doctor to see what he says. It's like a hard little knot there.. weird!

bummer on having to cancel the party. Hope everyone is home by now or at least real soon.

I am hoping for a fill 5/9. I find that I can eat more, even though I have a bit od trouble every now and then. I just have to remember to chew, chew, chew........ AS well as eat on a more regular basis.

Tuesday I see the dietician to make sure I am eating healthy. Heck, I am eating healthier than I have in about 10 years.

I'm glad others have questions as far as fills go too. I too am not sure what to do. I am going to the doctor's tomorrow and will talk to him about it and I will report back. Basically, I am still not eating all that much at all. I am able to drink plenty, including Water and Protein Drinks, and I am good with mushies, but I have been too afraid to really eat anything solid. I still don't eat more than 1/2c of food at a time. I usually stay full for about 4-5 hours. In the past 2 days, I have tried cheese, deli meat, and a meatball, and everything went down fine. But I am still scared! I have lost 20 pounds so far, but the weight loss is definately slowing down. Hopefully I will have more info. to share after my appointment tomorrow.

yay, my scale moved! I am so relieved, it's been a long 2+ weeks! -3lbs:).. I am so excited! It's late, and I'm off to bed, just wanted to share.. I've been anxiously awaiting a change in numbers. 16lbs to go by June 4.. I can do this!

Night all,

Kerri:)

Had to share with everyone, today was weigh-in Monday, and I lost another 4.6 lbs this week, woowhoo!! I'm on track to be 233 by June 1 before I go on vacation, that was my short term goal.

A lot of people are talking about PB's. I am sad to say I had my first one yesterday...not fun. I thought someone was sitting on my chest. I was eating a very small piece of halibut, and the second bite it started to cramp in my chest (OUCH!). I am not sure why it happened, becuz I was eating slowly and chewed very well. The fish was fried and somewhat dry, so now I know I must stay away from dry stuff. I am now recommended to be on liquids for two days.

I had my first fill 4.21.08 and am scheduled for my second on 5.16.08. I was chatting with the clinic's consultant and I told her that my band was not talking to me..I think it starting to talk to me now. ...lol.

Bratz, did the surgeon's office advise you to switch to liquids? I'm wondering if I should have done that after my horrifying and exhilarating PB.

Hi, Shrinking Shamrocks. I had my second fill today, an additional 1cc for a grand total (so far) of 5cc. I felt absolutely no restriction from the initial fill, but this feels different already. We'll have to see how it goes... 2 days liquids, 2 days mushies, then when I get to real food, I'll know if there's any restriction.

BTW, my doctor recommends 2 days liquids after a PB to allow any irritation and swelling to go down. Otherwise, you can end up in a cycle of PB'ing because you initially PB'd from one thing, but now PB from the PB...:rolleyes:

Bratz, did the surgeon's office advise you to switch to liquids? I'm wondering if I should have done that after my horrifying and exhilarating PB.

Yes, he advises to go back to liquids for two day because your new pouch may be swollen and needs to settle down from the trauma it just went through.

Jen, you may not need a fill. From what I understand, the lining of everyone's stomach is different and yours my thick enough that your band causes enough restriction without any Fluid. As you lose weight and your stomach shrinks then you might need some fluid.

Unlike you, I've had my first fill (Thur) and I am able to eat as much as I want whenever I want. I need more fluid to reach restriction. Unfortunately, I have to wait 6 weeks before I can get another fill.

Patience... patience... patience... this is a "journey" not a sprint.

I had my doctor's appointment today and we decided to hold off on the fill. Basically, he asked me questions about what, how much, and how often I was eating. He said when it's time for a fill I will KNOW it because I will be eating 1.5-2 cups off food and not staying full for very long. Now I eat about .5c of food, and as long as it's Protein, I stay full for 4-5 hours. I scheduled another appointment 2 weeks from now, so we'll see how it goes. I am down 23 pounds total since first meeting with him at the end of February.