Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

It actually was quite tasty, although it was the sort of dish where you felt like the chef was thinking, "Hey! THIS ought to get their attention!"

Amazingly, while most of the dishes that were passed around by servers disappeared quickly, throughout the night there were plenty pork liver and heart terrine on chocolate wafers available...

So, last night, I had some NSVs: my sweater vest (still sounds like a weird term to English ears) has become way too big, and I put on an old one that is one size smaller. And THAT is a bit too big, too!

Plus I'm now down three notches on my belt.

And, FINALLY, an SV: I climbed on the scales this morning to find that I'm down three pounds since two days ago. BEHOLD MY AWESOME NEW TICKER STATUS!!!!

YAY for belt notches, baggy sweater vests and MAGICALLY moving scales!

My scale is being a bit stubborn this week.....damn mushies anyway!

No worries, it will catch up.......

Just got back from my post-op appt, lost just under ten pounds since surgery on 3/19.. I am very happy. I was trying on clothes for my weekend away and my pants are loose and shirts are so much more comfortable yippee!!!!!!!!

Dr. moved mer up to mushies for a few weeks then soft solids, next appt 5/9 so unless I am extremely hungry there will be no fill until then.

I am ok with that, just want the clothes to fit better and the weight to go down.

Everyone have a great weekend, talk with you all on Sunday.

Lynn :smile:

My doctor seems to be very conservative with fills.....she says until my weight plateaus or unless I feel extremely hungry on the set amount of food, that she won't schedule an adjustment. I have to fax in a three day food/exercise diary for them to look at before they will set an appointment for a fill.

Right now, I feel pretty good......my half cup of whatever seems to keep me 'full' for several hours, so I'm not even going to think about a fill until that stops working.

Lynn, that's great that you're down almost 10 pounds since surgery. As of today, I've also lost 10 pounds since surgery on March 19, congrats! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Fenton, that's great that you're down another belt notch, keep up the good work.

I went to see my pschologist a couple of days ago and she asked me if I'm weighing myself everyday and I told her "of course" and she wants me to weight just a couple of times a week since our weight fluctuates so much, so she set a mini-goal for me this week to just weight myself every other day til I see her again at the end of the month. Today was weigh day and I was down a couple of pounds since day before yesterday so that was good to see. I know others of you have the same problem as I do with the scale so thought I'd just share this with everyone.

Today I had my post op appt. At 11 days post op I am down 8 pounds since surgery. I had my esophogram this morning. That barium is pretty darn yucky.

My doc has moved me on the mushies. I told her I am nervous about it because there are fewer high protein/low carb choices in the mushie food group. She looked at me funny and told me to make healthy choices. I thought to myself..."ahhh, you are so, so skinny doc."

So I had some oatmeal and I've had some yogurt.

I scheduled my first fill for April 22. I can't wait. My doc told me that she had just filled someone who after six months of fills is finally feeling resistance. God I hope it does not take me six months.

Congrats on all the NSV's and the SV's. Keep in mind the tickers don't always represent loss since surgery. Mine includes the pre-op stomach virus I had and the pre-op diet. I think 10 pounds since surgery is excellent. I have also heard that muscle weighs more than fat...so those of you who are working out like crazy don't watch the scale as much as your body measurements.

Christine

Haha! Dr. Ren is indeed very slender and willowy!

I still don't know whether to go ahead with a fill. Obviously, I'm not going to have to decide until the 14th, when I see the doc, but still. I'm losing, controlling my intake, etc etc.

This afternoon I had a disaster! But wrapped inside was a triumph...

A co-worker bakes the most incredible Cookies, and she takes great pains to give them to me. So I ended up with a medium-sized cranberry-pecan-white chocolate cookie, and a medium-sized chocolate chip cookie. I ate the cranberry cookie, then looked at the chocolate chip cookie; I was on a roll, and I went for it.

But after a couple of bites, I thought, "WTF am I *doing* here?", and threw the cookie into the trash. And while I'm ashamed I went for the second cookie, I'm proud I came to my senses and threw it out. Particularly because I told the baker, with all honesty, that I think her chocolate chip Cookies are the best I've ever had.

And, Good Lord! How did I reach this tragic state wherein throwing away a baked good constitutes a major victory?!?!!!

Edited by Fenton

Thank you for the support from everyone. I need this thread, because we are all in the same stages about only weeks. To let everyone know, I was having a down day yesterday, which was very obvious...lol. I called my Doc yesterday and talked to one of his consultants and they had me come in since I did not come in for one week post-op appointment. I think by seeing my Doc I feel much better. What is funny is since surgery I have been drinking "farina" hot Cereal. His eyes almost bugged out of his head when I told him that. He was afraid the cereal would be too clumpy, which I made very sure it was not. He ok'd me for mushies..I am so excited. I actually pureed the hell out of lasagna. Everyone is doing such a great job..keep up the good work. FYI: my pains in my side have subsided.... :cursing:

well everyone i had a NSV and a SV today.... NSV was that i went to go put on a pair of 18 pants and yes they were tight...but they buttoned :cursing: so only a few more pounds and i can be a 18/20 woohooo as for my SV i got on today and i was 247 so thats 2 more pounds down...i want to be down to 243 by tuesday when i get my first fill that would be 20 lost since surgery but i dont think that will happen....but maybe 2 more pounds...Keep up the great work everyone we are all doing so good!!

Penny (aka Rugman), Thanks for telling us about the support group forks -- it reminded me that I received some beautiful little cake forks (like seafood forks) as a wedding present, and I don't think we've ever even used them! So I pulled one out and am using it along with my tiny espresso spoons. :lol:

Fenton, Thanks for all the wonderful descriptions of your food adventures, but I swear I thought I might drool on my keyboard from your description of the cookies! Hurray for you being able to toss what you did. :cursing:

Thanks to everybody else for keeping the thread alive and well...

Ahhhhhhhhh, I'm in mushie heaven tonight.....

I made marinara sauce w/meatballs tonight....served the families over Pasta and after I pureed a meatball in some sauce I had mine over a 1/4c. of ricotta mixed with italian spices......it was soooooooooo good. Something flavorful with a little bit of mixed texture.......

Weird though.....I'm full......normally I would have eaten two bowls of Pasta w/sauce and probably 6-8 meatballs!

YAY for 1/4 cup servings!

Is anyone else burping alot?? I am even stopping to say "excuse me" because it is happeing so often....I am one to say "excuse me" even when I am all alone. Have my manners disappered with my new found lap band :tongue: I am 10 days post op.

Second topic--I had my one week appt on Tuesday..he said 3 days of soft food then on to regular food? ? does'nt this seem to soon??

Is anyone else burping alot?? I am even stopping to say "excuse me" because it is happeing so often....I am one to say "excuse me" even when I am all alone. Have my manners disappered with my new found lap band :tongue: I am 10 days post op.

Second topic--I had my one week appt on Tuesday..he said 3 days of soft food then on to regular food? ? does'nt this seem to soon??

I burp a lot....and I feel like I have to burp a lot.....at home, no sweat, but it's a little embarassing at work!

You're headed towards regular food a lot quicker than I am....I'm still three weeks out!

2 weeks liquid

2 weeks mushies

2 weeks modified soft

Then regular food.....my doc and the program I'm in seem to be very conservative compared to a lot of them......