Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Harley interesting website. I will give it a read later at home(taking a break at work now). I saw on another thread that you are retired LEO. Which branch? My husband is retired Nassau Co PD.

As to the animals- I was raised on a farm in Northern Calif(wine country!!) so eating what I raised was normal for me. In fact the first time I had store bought lamb(at 25) I though it had turned (it tasted like plastic). I think everyone should have a real idea where the food they eat comes from, meat and veggies.

Fenton- you said something about your cat bumping you that made me laugh- my dog is always poking my elbow to pet her and making me hit a fee extra keys. Animals, can't live without them.

Anyone else have a beasty at home that you want to tell us about?

OK enough of a break-Payroll is calling me.

Kerri! You're making my life of frustration HELL with your over-achieving weight loss since banding!!!

Are you sure you wouldn't like to relax with a nice kruller, let some of that weight creep back on until the rest of us catch up with you?

LOL Fenton! I am not expecting this weight loss to continue as it has. Today I am 2 weeks post op and start eating "normal" foods. Bring on that cruller! JK.. Although I did eat an Oreo "cakester" last night. Hey- I needed the calories:blush:

I have been blessed with this new band that comes pre-filled, and have had no hunger so far. I am forcing myself to eat, which has really cut my calories, but is surprisingly really frustrating. (So strange to say, being a compulsive over-eater for years) I am so not hungry, that when I try to swallow something after chew, chew, chewing, it sets off my gag reflex:( On average I get between 400-600 daily, which has been good for weight loss so far, but I am soooo tired. I even *nap* now. Eeek! I'm back to work tomorrow so that has got to stop! For the next week I am dedicated to getting more calories in. I'm sure this will be key for more energy, but also slowing my loss, thus making you content:biggrin2:

~Kerri:)

PS. Ive found that eating with a salad fork makes it look like more is on the fork and not so deprived.

KERRI - I think the new band you have is the REALIZE band. I was to have that instead of the one that almost everyone has. but my DR was just being proctored in the placement of the band and the supervising DR was not in that ay. Wish I had the prefilled 3cc band. I am soooooo hungry, nothing seems to satisfy the growling stomach.

My post op is on Friday and realy don't think a fill will be done at that time.

Exercise includes lots of walking and that is all. No clearance from the DR to exercise until 4 weeks post op.

KERRI - I think the new band you have is the REALIZE band.
I'm not sure?? The Doc gave me three letters that I can't seem to remember. I was a bit flustered when he walked in the door and asked "Hi have I done a procedure on you?... Gastric Bypass or Lap Band... OK, yah, you look kind of familiar." It threw off my train of thought for the remainder of my 5 minute appointment.. So I can't remember the letters, although I believe there was an S and a V in there? Hmm.. I'll have to do some more research:)

"Hi have I done a procedure on you?... Gastric Bypass or Lap Band... OK, yah, you look kind of familiar."

And to think this man saw you naked and didn't even buy you dinner first! :unsure:

I'm not sure?? The Doc gave me three letters that I can't seem to remember. I was a bit flustered when he walked in the door and asked "Hi have I done a procedure on you?... Gastric Bypass or Lap Band... OK, yah, you look kind of familiar." It threw off my train of thought for the remainder of my 5 minute appointment.. So I can't remember the letters, although I believe there was an S and a V in there? Hmm.. I'll have to do some more research:)

hi k_pdoski... whoa. who is your doctor? sounds like someone our yet-to-be-banded friends might want to avoid! sorry he was so clueless with you!

Harley interesting website. I will give it a read later at home(taking a break at work now). I saw on another thread that you are retired LEO. Which branch? My husband is retired Nassau Co PD.

I did 23 years with Riverdale PD....northern Utah. I retired two years ago.

I pretty much ran the gamut, started in patrol, moved to detectives, moved to patrol supervision and retired as the Ass't Chief.

It is a great job, but one that I credit a great many of my bad eating habits to....eating fast, because we never knew how long we had to finish a meal....or eating while driving in the patrol car to either stay awake or just because it was the only option sometimes. I'm so glad to see the culture changing, at least here, a little bit. Maybe the troops coming on now will retire a little healthier!

As for critters, I've got two Jack Russell Terriers.....they're total clowns and I adore them.

i am sure of my calories and as far as exersize goes i havent done any since surgery. actually i have been rather lazy.

You might be surprised, Scrappy, how much you do get in in a day.....I wore a pedometer to work and found out I average two miles a day just working the sales floor and running up and down stairs for product! I was really surprised.

Beastys, we have 4. A chihauhau, 2 akita/chow mixes, and then there is our pound puppy, AKA, Charlie. Charlie was suppose to be 2 yrs. old when we got him but he chews like a puppy. On his first day home he chewed through the pool pump electrical cord, a few days later he chewed a hole in my carpet, then he chewed the edge off of my coffee table, the corners off a wooded chess set, the corners off 2 couch pillows, a hole in the blanket on our bed and a hole in our new sheet set. Last Sunday, (hold your heart Fenton) he chewed up the television remote and yesterday he chewed up the remote to the TiVo. I have bought more toys (for aggressive chewers) for this dog than I have bought for my grandchildren!!! But I love him and won't send him back, I hope he will learn or he will chew us out of house and home!!! If any of you ever meet me and I am missing a arm or leg, Charlie chewed it off!!!:unsure:

how are you losing so fast? I was banded on the 12th of March and have lost only 15 lbs. I'm not eating much yet its not coming off?? I'm thinking of going back to Protein shakes but I know that's not the reality. Any advice would be helpful. And conratulations

sharon;_)

I have a 95lb lab named Jack. He's my new exercise partner. I'm hoping the exercise will make him quit eating my plants! He's a year old and I have no landscaping left!

how are you losing so fast? I was banded on the 12th of March and have lost only 15 lbs. I'm not eating much yet its not coming off?? I'm thinking of going back to Protein shakes but I know that's not the reality. Any advice would be helpful. And conratulations

sharon;_)

I was banded march 19th and I'm like you I have only lost 10lbs and I am hitting the gym everyday for 30min to and hour and nothing is going on. I am only eating around 700-800 calories a day. I think it may just be a way for our bodies to heal from the surgery to hang on to the fat. I don't know. Very frustrating especially when you read how much everybody else has lost in such a short time. Don't give up it will happen.

good luck